Trala’s Tent: Lucky Edition

Once they start stretching, the flat canopy usually becomes a distant memory....
And really- outdoors, a flat canopy isn't nearly as important as indoors- some of the colas being 6 or 8 inches farther from the sun isn't going to matter at all.
They look excellent just the way they are!
Thank you Carcmeister.

I have pulled up a few branches and tied them to stakes to add to the middle of the canopy. Seems to have levelled it somewhat.

C3 and C6

B5985A21-1983-491B-8B63-A38496284388.jpeg
A01F6196-AD79-47BE-B1FA-85E4426CC9D9.jpeg

BB5542AD-5760-4BC7-9FF5-778F6347E2E2.jpeg

Hey what do you reckon about this?

At this stage it is just effecting a couple of leaves.

B0ED3227-510A-4BFA-9DCF-6CDF308A44F1.jpeg
C1203F64-CFF9-423E-B6AE-163F2E6B2C54.jpeg
EF91C3FF-F7C0-4A84-831F-13D2A389C449.jpeg

Hey what do you reckon about this?
Diagnosing things like that is definitely not my strong suit, but if I had to guess (and I do have to guess since I don't know ;))
I'd say it might be a heat related or low humidity problem, or both, since they're a bit wilty, like they're drying out...might even be related to those little white dots on the leaves, which look like possible spider mite damage....are spider mites the "cooties" you've mentioned before?

Diagnosing things like that is definitely not my strong suit, but if I had to guess (and I do have to guess since I don't know ;))
I'd say it might be a heat related or low humidity problem, or both, since they're a bit wilty, like they're drying out...might even be related to those little white dots on the leaves, which look like possible spider mite damage....are spider mites the "cooties" you've mentioned before?
They are spider mites.

:(

Ug! Well, the plants are doing good, even with the mites- I don't think you can try to get rid of them this late in the game- the buds are pretty far along to spray them.
There is one thing- @Sierra Natural Science SNS-217 Spider Mite control can be sprayed right up to harvest, but even if you ordered it today it'd get to you too late to do any good...tbh, I'm not even sure if they ship to Australia.
Like I said, your ladies are doing great, even with the mites, so might as well just continue with what you've been doing so far, because it's working very well!

I’m anxious to see someone either buy a bottle or do the reverse engineer thingy and whip up a batch of that secret sauce pest recipe I sent earlier.... It’s probably just marketing hype but it sounded like you could dose with that at regular intervals and make the plant immune to critters.....

Ug! Well, the plants are doing good, even with the mites- I don't think you can try to get rid of them this late in the game- the buds are pretty far along to spray them.
There is one thing- @Sierra Natural Science SNS-217 Spider Mite control can be sprayed right up to harvest, but even if you ordered it today it'd get to you too late to do any good...tbh, I'm not even sure if they ship to Australia.
Like I said, your ladies are doing great, even with the mites, so might as well just continue with what you've been doing so far, because it's working very well!
I'll be more diligent next grow.

Because they are clones they were infected from the start. And tbh I've been lazy with treatment.

I will look into it

I’m anxious to see someone either buy a bottle or do the reverse engineer thingy and whip up a batch of that secret sauce pest recipe I sent earlier.... It’s probably just marketing hype but it sounded like you could dose with that at regular intervals and make the plant immune to critters.....
Me too.

What do they say? If it looks too good to be true it probably is.

Bummer.... needs rebooting. Alrighty then....

Hey Chickadee what’s up in your world?
I have been busy busy.

I have had so much going in the last 2 weeks, I’ve really not given my plants the attention they need. They are still all looking okay despite me.

I have decided once I harvest C3 and C6 I’m going to end Lucky‘s reign. I have a fairy god daddy father and he has promised to continue sending me 3 seeds at a time. I was worried I’d run out of quality plants, so I was going to keep the Tangie and the Gorilla Glue alive, but he thinks I should just focus on growing new varieties.

All I know is I don’t want to go back to the shithouse bag seeds I have. As far as quality goes it’s shite now I’ve seen how the Tangies and Gorilla Glue look.

Look I may still monstercrop the Gorilla Glue, I love the challenge it takes to strike a monster. And I love that plant.

Hey K, I have a favour to ask. I thought I was week 4 in flower but I think I have underestimated. Can you help me work out where I’m at with C3 and C6 please? Does flower start when you see flowers or at flip time?

I bet you have been swamped! It’s hard to stay on point 100% of the time in the garden. I try to get the soil plants on autopilot but these hempy buckets don’t work that way. Congrats on the bean drop - you will be hooked up plus you deserve great genetics!

I try to remember to write down both dates, the date of the flip and when I see the pistils pop

March 9th post #315 you asked about when to flip
March 12th post #324 said you would flip this Sat or next
March 13th post #330 Carcass said why don’t you flip tomorrow
but I didn’t see confirmation saying when you actually flipped
March 24th post #354 You said you were counting as first day of flower - showing hairs

So today makes 5 weeks & 2 days since pistils first appeared.....

I bet you have been swamped! It’s hard to stay on point 100% of the time in the garden. I try to get the soil plants on autopilot but these hempy buckets don’t work that way. Congrats on the bean drop - you will be hooked up plus you deserve great genetics!

I try to remember to write down both dates, the date of the flip and when I see the pistils pop

March 9th post #315 you asked about when to flip
March 12th post #324 said you would flip this Sat or next
March 13th post #330 Carcass said why don’t you flip tomorrow
but I didn’t see confirmation saying when you actually flipped
March 24th post #354 You said you were counting as first day of flower - showing hairs

So today makes 5 weeks & 2 days since pistils first appeared.....
Omg thank you so much.

I couldn’t work out my own babble. I am going to be more organised next grow. You know how I said I was going to slowly take the work room from my parter and use it as my own? Well I have sneakily done it. I have (I say I, i didn’t at all. I outsourced it) screwed a board to the window rather than the messy looking block out set up I had going and I’m going to use chalkboard paint and paint an area to keep a clear record of dates. My dark room was a higgldy piggldy mess with bits of fabric, and wedges of wood and random shit to make it dark. It was a pain to get in and out of. I realised while my nights are 12 hours and it’s not being used, now is the time to revamp it. It is coming along. I’ll be sure to take some pics. I really hate disorder, and I want my dark room to be a happy place for my plants to sleep in and my buds to cure in.

I am also going to try and have a cootie free grow next grow. The interesting thing about my plant lice, they really don’t seem to effect the plants. I had great reports on how it smokes.

I tell you another thing I’m going to do, I’m not using those bodiva humidity thingys when I cure next time. I think I can cure it just with the humidity readers. That bodiva makes it smell funny, so it would defs affect the taste.

Oiiiii, do you count from the day they get hairs?

I personally think they look amazing still considering all the crazy variables with growing outdoors Tralalala. they look much healthier than alot of the indoor ones i see!
Thanks maaaaaaaaate.

I don’t grow them completely outdoors. I’m a mix of in and out. I have a small veg tent, and a dark room. I am not needing the darkroom atm because we are in autumn and we have 12 dark time. I scoot them in if it looks like it’s going to pour with rain. I much prefer the sun to lights.

I hear you - I’ve been thru a bunch of different retrofits, i may move the tent into the flower room this fall. Looks great from here but glad you are making it more efficient to garden in. I hope you can stay on top of the critters! I may ditch the bovedas too. Yes ma’am I start counting when I see hairs

Bovedas are training wheels... you’re much better off getting a feel for the process so you just know when it’s time to jar up drying buds/ when you can stop burping

Bovedas are training wheels... you’re much better off getting a feel for the process so you just know when it’s time to jar up drying buds/ when you can stop burping
I agree a lot with that. I used Bovedas to perfect my curing...but now that I can do it mostly with timing, it's better.
Better tasting weed #1, Bovedas steal a bunch of terps while they are raising and lowering RH. They will save you sometimes, but there is a cost. On my best weed you won't see the packet in there at all. It regulates itself well enough if done properly.

Back
Top Bottom