Tunkers Seedsman Neville's Haze - Refrigerated

420-magazine-mobile930795100.jpg

How nice of them to advertise an island holiday under my forecast... I was wrong scrog it's now negative degrees... Brrrrrr

Went to get hydroton balls this morning and my local was completely out. For fuck sakes!

Then I had a flashback memory. For anyone who has heard (or read) me talk of my father, he was a character to say the least. Never thought twice about a good bargain and I recall a day he stopped the car after spotting some hydro gear dumped on side of the ride. Nothing expensive, plastic bits n bobs like net cups etc and a pile of these clay pellets. Wasn't far from home so off we pop to get a bucket and load up what we could scrape off the ground while I cursed his name for being such a scabby fuck haha

BUT

After remembering this embarrassing teenage moment, had a quick wander around the acreage and here's a bin full of dead grass and dirt etc and a whole heap of BALLS! Fuck it I say and rinse all the grass and shit off em. Nevs got some composted clay balls to sit in now. Hope they are still ok?

420-magazine-mobile921287625.jpg

420-magazine-mobile204906837.jpg

420-magazine-mobile879762116.jpg

Went to get hydroton balls this morning and my local was completely out.
load up what we could scrape off the ground
Hope they are still ok?

They don't spoil, lol. But they can get nutrient salt buildup outside and, IIRC, inside. After you cleaned them up, did you boil them in water (distilled is probably best, but the stuff coming out of the tap ought to work, I suppose, but may be high in calcium or something) for a bit to help dissolve anything that might be on/in them? I'd think such a treatment ought to kill most microbial nasties that could potentially be inhabiting the things, too.

Hey did anyone catch my 20L jerry can (fuel container?) For co2? It's in a large room but hanging the hose over top with the light was showing upwards of 700ppm on the meter. Coulda been a bit to do with me panting around in there like a gorilla also.

I used to get a kick out of my cats hanging out in the grow room until my favorite died in there. I've thought about trying to build a grow room that had rabbit cages along the perimeter, near the top of the walls. But then I remembered that rabbit cages don't clean themselves, I'd have to buy rabbit feed... and I'd keep running out of rabbits <YUM!> .

They don't spoil, lol. But they can get nutrient salt buildup outside and, IIRC, inside. After you cleaned them up, did you boil them in water (distilled is probably best, but the stuff coming out of the tap ought to work, I suppose, but may be high in calcium or something) for a bit to help dissolve anything that might be on/in them? I'd think such a treatment ought to kill most microbial nasties that could potentially be inhabiting the things, too.

I used to get a kick out of my cats hanging out in the grow room until my favorite died in there. I've thought about trying to build a grow room that had rabbit cages along the perimeter, near the top of the walls. But then I remembered that rabbit cages don't clean themselves, I'd have to buy rabbit feed... and I'd keep running out of rabbits <YUM!> .
Hmm nope. No boiling done. Just rinsed with tap, soaked in rainwater for a bit and straight in... Maybe there's some nice bacteria and shit in there? Lol or maybe I've done a classic tunks and killed a plant...

Do you mean putting rabbits in as co2 supplement?? I'd trip balls if I set foot in someone's grow room with rabbit hutches all around the place.

Hmm nope. No boiling done. Just rinsed with tap, soaked in rainwater for a bit and straight in... Maybe there's some nice bacteria and shit in there? Lol or maybe I've done a classic tunks and killed a plant.

Ah, they're probably fine. Especially if you didn't see salt stains on their exterior.

Do you mean putting rabbits in as co2 supplement?

Sure, why not, lol? All they do is eat, poop, breathe, poop, sleep, eat... and poop. If I was into "organics," I'd probably try it. CO₂, manure, and - best of all - meat. Err... I hope you're not an easily-offended vegetarian :icon_roll . But they're like walking lunchboxes, haha - you can skin one without a knife, even.

Then again, my remaining cat would end up in there, and she's pretty crafty. Plus I'm a little lazy, to be honest.

I'd trip balls if I set foot in someone's grow room

Yeah, well... It wouldn't be the first time I've seen that happen. Sins of a misspent youth and all that... <SHH!>

Whats up Tunkers? Those roots from the fogponics, thats whats up. I may have to repurpose my humidifier for my next grow.
About that hydroton... It should be good but you should have soaked it in some z7. I thonk you have that shit, right? It works a charm for cleaning up clay balls.
Im glad i caught this grow. Happy growing, man.

Ah, they're probably fine. Especially if you didn't see salt stains on their exterior.

Sure, why not, lol? All they do is eat, poop, breathe, poop, sleep, eat... and poop. If I was into "organics," I'd probably try it. CO₂, manure, and - best of all - meat. Err... I hope you're not an easily-offended vegetarian :icon_roll . But they're like walking lunchboxes, haha - you can skin one without a knife, even.

Then again, my remaining cat would end up in there, and she's pretty crafty. Plus I'm a little lazy, to be honest.

Yeah, well... It wouldn't be the first time I've seen that happen. Sins of a misspent youth and all that... <SHH!>
I feel I'm gonna enjoy reading your posts around the place TS. Don't worry I don't care about the poor little bunnies. They're a pest that have overtaken Australia and I don't mind "accidentally" hitting them on my morning drive to work lol

I'm sure my balls don't have any nasties. I washed em pretty good. Maybe the fog will give them a good tickle underneath with Z7.

Whats up Tunkers? Those roots from the fogponics, thats whats up. I may have to repurpose my humidifier for my next grow.
About that hydroton... It should be good but you should have soaked it in some z7. I thonk you have that shit, right? It works a charm for cleaning up clay balls.
Im glad i caught this grow. Happy growing, man.
Welcome lazarus. Glad to have ya along. I still recall one of my first responses on this site was from you in my original fridge build thread, nice to have ya watching. How sad I still haven't yielded anything since then...

I feel I'm gonna enjoy reading your posts around the place TS.

There are a few here and there. Fair warning, I have been known to stray a little off-topic.

They're a pest that have overtaken Australia

Oops, I forgot all about that.

and I don't mind "accidentally" hitting them on my morning drive to work lol

I slid around a curve on a gravel road two minutes (okay, 30.5 seconds, but it would have been below 30 if not for the #%!^ing birds ;) ) one morning and met, IDK, 30 or so turkeys. Those suckers might be able to fly fine - but they don't take off all that quickly first thing in the morning :icon_roll. That curve... <SIGH>. Spent the day telling myself to take it slower so that I didn't put paid to another flock whilst traveling sideways. And wouldn't you know it, the very next morning, I was running late again and slid around the curve and almost wiped out...

...a deputy sheriff, lol. Thankfully, he was nice enough to run off the road and... err... down over the hill into a field. I stopped, backed up... waited for the dust to settle <SHRUGS>, and went down to see how he was doing. I could tell before I got within 50' of him that, regardless of his overall condition (which was fine, as it turned out), he was obviously having no trouble breathing. However, from the volume, I became concerned that he might have damaged his hearing. That turned out to be fine, too. So we had ourselves a nice little chat. I was a wee bit uncomfortable at this point, because the bud in my pocket was wickedly potent and, like most wickedly potent cannabis, it reeked a little. So I decided to break the ice and calm him down by telling him a funny story. "You're probably not going to believe this," I said, "But just yesterday morning I nearly decimated (there were actually more than one in ten left... I think) a flock of turkeys in the same curve!" Strangely enough, he did believe it. But he became even more upset, IDK, maybe HE was a vegetarian? Anyway, he asked me how I'd like to get thrown into the back of his cruiser and I replied that I wouldn't because he'd parked in a swampy morass and I had my clean work clothes on. Then he offered to use me for a traction aid, I countered with an offer to drive back to the owner and get him to bring his tractor to pull the cop car across the field to the gate since my (then) wife wasn't a very good driver as, since her semi-permanent license suspension, she only got to practice late at night. After some debate, we agreed that my idea was the better one, I took the OL home to call our respective workplaces to let them know that we'd be late, make some coffee, repack the bowl (oops, had to finish what was in there first), and then we hurried right back to the farmer. Admittedly, we probably should have stopped there first - but, hey, the cop was already on the clock. Besides, all that shouting had unsettled my nerves so I had to <COUGH> take my medicine ;) . But I did remember to take him a cup of coffee. Well, the OL did.

Anyway... Uhh... Yeah, turkeys. Hate 'em. Err... I mean... Oh yeah, hope your plants are doing well. (<WHEW!> Saved that one, lol.)

I'm sure my balls don't have any nasties.

I'm not touching that one.

There are a few here and there. Fair warning, I have been known to stray a little off-topic.

Oops, I forgot all about that.

I slid around a curve on a gravel road two minutes (okay, 30.5 seconds, but it would have been below 30 if not for the #%!^ing birds ;) ) one morning and met, IDK, 30 or so turkeys. Those suckers might be able to fly fine - but they don't take off all that quickly first thing in the morning :icon_roll. That curve... <SIGH>. Spent the day telling myself to take it slower so that I didn't put paid to another flock whilst traveling sideways. And wouldn't you know it, the very next morning, I was running late again and slid around the curve and almost wiped out...

...a deputy sheriff, lol. Thankfully, he was nice enough to run off the road and... err... down over the hill into a field. I stopped, backed up... waited for the dust to settle <SHRUGS>, and went down to see how he was doing. I could tell before I got within 50' of him that, regardless of his overall condition (which was fine, as it turned out), he was obviously having no trouble breathing. However, from the volume, I became concerned that he might have damaged his hearing. That turned out to be fine, too. So we had ourselves a nice little chat. I was a wee bit uncomfortable at this point, because the bud in my pocket was wickedly potent and, like most wickedly potent cannabis, it reeked a little. So I decided to break the ice and calm him down by telling him a funny story. "You're probably not going to believe this," I said, "But just yesterday morning I nearly decimated (there were actually more than one in ten left... I think) a flock of turkeys in the same curve!" Strangely enough, he did believe it. But he became even more upset, IDK, maybe HE was a vegetarian? Anyway, he asked me how I'd like to get thrown into the back of his cruiser and I replied that I wouldn't because he'd parked in a swampy morass and I had my clean work clothes on. Then he offered to use me for a traction aid, I countered with an offer to drive back to the owner and get him to bring his tractor to pull the cop car across the field to the gate since my (then) wife wasn't a very good driver as, since her semi-permanent license suspension, she only got to practice late at night. After some debate, we agreed that my idea was the better one, I took the OL home to call our respective workplaces to let them know that we'd be late, make some coffee, repack the bowl (oops, had to finish what was in there first), and then we hurried right back to the farmer. Admittedly, we probably should have stopped there first - but, hey, the cop was already on the clock. Besides, all that shouting had unsettled my nerves so I had to <COUGH> take my medicine ;) . But I did remember to take him a cup of coffee. Well, the OL did.

Anyway... Uhh... Yeah, turkeys. Hate 'em. Err... I mean... Oh yeah, hope your plants are doing well. (<WHEW!> Saved that one, lol.)

I'm not touching that one.
Gold. I wanted you to touch my clean balls actually I was leaving them out there for someone haha where in the world are you TS?

I know its chilly over there, so pulling up a chair around the camp fire.

Your setup looks great. Those roots look good. Are you planning water in the bottom of plant cell or just fog with the condensation running back out to be re-fogged?

Back
Top Bottom