Twisting leaves

I agree about the people here, very friendly and knowledgeable.
I plan on doing a journal when I get the hoop house up and going. I think the journals are great reads. Lots to learn packed in them.

Ditto on the spark up!

This is a very cool forum, I’m still a newbie but the opportunity to learn from others is huge. I‘ve got one singular skill - I can kill most anything beans, seedlings, clones, mothers even whole plants, why just the other week I killed a gorgeous 8 week old amnesia haze growing in hempy format. The lesson there was don’t accidentally mix organic feed into hempy cuz it needs to be sterile..... hope I don’t cross that threshold again.

Hey have you guys got a journal up? It’s cool if you don’t but it would be nice to cruise thru your garden...
Yes, I know all about screwups, when I first started growing I messed up 14 plants by overfeeding them. Put them in Fox Farm soil that has all of the nutes already in the soil, what did I do?, I went ahead and feed them as well.

I have a small garden compared to several others, like this years grow has one each of different strains, ma and me like to tote on sativa in the morning and graduate up to indica by early evening. Presently I have 16 ladies growing, half are high in THC while the other half are high CBD. My babies are 7 weeks old. This will be our first year with the CBD girls, looking forward to the effects I hope they provide.
And yes, this is a cool forum and there are some really smart farmers here, they have certainly been helpful to me over the years.

Ditto on the spark up!

This is a very cool forum, I’m still a newbie but the opportunity to learn from others is huge. I‘ve got one singular skill - I can kill most anything beans, seedlings, clones, mothers even whole plants, why just the other week I killed a gorgeous 8 week old amnesia haze growing in hempy format. The lesson there was don’t accidentally mix organic feed into hempy cuz it needs to be sterile..... hope I don’t cross that threshold again.

Hey have you guys got a journal up? It’s cool if you don’t but it would be nice to cruise thru your garden...
FUCK! I am glad I read this as I have been thinking of trying hempy but I would use powdered organic amendments. Not sure if they are sterile but it doesn't sound like it.

Hey I’m glad my mistake (actually my helpers mistake) can save a headache for you! Maybe run that nute brand name past Bluter but think I’m right on the sterile for hempy! I was away for a few days and found my yucca in the tent room with the hempys when it normally stays in the flower room for the LOS crew. The plants hit the wall and the hempy water was reall stinky - when I asked she said I though you said use to yucca every time?? I replied yes ma’am for the soil crew but the hempy chicks are hydro and it’s gotta be sterile...

lost a gorgeous Amnesia Haze with tight nodes and 8 weeks of veg time - real heart breaker

Hey I’m glad my mistake (actually my helpers mistake) can save a headache for you! Maybe run that nute brand name past Bluter but think I’m right on the sterile for hempy! I was away for a few days and found my yucca in the tent room with the hempys when it normally stays in the flower room for the LOS crew. The plants hit the wall and the hempy water was reall stinky - when I asked she said I though you said use to yucca every time?? I replied yes ma’am for the soil crew but the hempy chicks are hydro and it’s gotta be sterile...

lost a gorgeous Amnesia Haze with tight nodes and 8 weeks of veg time - real heart breaker
Helper fired! Na just kidding but damn that sucks! Eight weeks veg time lost YIKES! What breeder was the amnesia from?

The fertiliser I'm using right now is Dr Earth Biolive I think. Biolive for sure, I just forget the brand. I need to find something for flower. I'm thinking I need to look at BAS.

Yes, I know all about screwups, when I first started growing I messed up 14 plants by overfeeding them. Put them in Fox Farm soil that has all of the nutes already in the soil, what did I do?, I went ahead and feed them as well.

I have a small garden compared to several others, like this years grow has one each of different strains, ma and me like to tote on sativa in the morning and graduate up to indica by early evening. Presently I have 16 ladies growing, half are high in THC while the other half are high CBD. My babies are 7 weeks old. This will be our first year with the CBD girls, looking forward to the effects I hope they provide.
And yes, this is a cool forum and there are some really smart farmers here, they have certainly been helpful to me over the years.
What CBD plants are you growing?

I agree about the people here, very friendly and knowledgeable.
I plan on doing a journal when I get the hoop house up and going. I think the journals are great reads. Lots to learn packed in them.
maybe I'll stop being lazy soon and get a hoop house of my own up. My gardeners may put holes in it with their weedwacker shenanigans though. Plus I'd have to figure out how to raise it as the plants grow. That'd probs be something simple like 2x4 and securing it, but if I did that I'd probably just turn it into a greenhouse.

What CBD plants are you growing?
CB Dream from Crop King, 80% sativa – THC @ 6% and CBD @ 6 %
CB Diesel from Crop King, 80% sativa – THC @ 0.25% and CBD @ 20%
Dr. S , 75% sativa – THC @ 0.4 and CBD @ 20%
ACDC from Crop King, 60% sativa – THC @ 3% and CBD @ 19%
Super Critical Bud from Garden of Eden, 60% indica – THC @ 25% and CBD @ 23%
CBD Zkittlez, 80% indica – THC @ 8% and CBD @ 8%
CBD Critical Mass, 80% indica – THC @ 8% and CBD @ 8%

This is first year growing any CBD, looking forward how each plays with my body and mind.
Spark up.

CB Dream from Crop King, 80% sativa – THC @ 6% and CBD @ 6 %
CB Diesel from Crop King, 80% sativa – THC @ 0.25% and CBD @ 20%
Dr. S, 75% sativa – THC @ 0.4 and CBD @ 20%
ACDC from Crop King, 60% sativa – THC @ 3% and CBD @ 19%
Super Critical Bud from Garden of Eden, 60% indica – THC @ 25% and CBD @ 23%
CBD Zkittlez, 80% indica – THC @ 8% and CBD @ 8%
CBD Critical Mass, 80% indica – THC @ 8% and CBD @ 8%

This is first year growing any CBD, looking forward how each plays with my body and mind.
Spark up.
That's quite the variety there. Do you have a grow journal so we can look at your progress and get some smoke reports? Or am I oblivious and I'm posting on it? Lol!

I'm only on my second grow. My first was CBD Mango Haze from CBD Crew. It came out decent I suppose. I wish the buds were a little more dense but it's sativa dominant and I had a nute def that I couldn't figure out how to correct.

This year I'm growing Nurse Lily from Expert Seeds. I think cooking the soil may have helped but time will tell. I'm kind of wishing I had another composter to cook some flower dirt, maybe next year.

I'll find something at BAS, use it as a top dress and keep using the compost tea I use when it gets closer to flower time.

maybe I'll stop being lazy soon and get a hoop house of my own up. My gardeners may put holes in it with their weedwacker shenanigans though. Plus I'd have to figure out how to raise it as the plants grow. That'd probs be something simple like 2x4 and securing it, but if I did that I'd probably just turn it into a greenhouse.
Mine will be anchored on all 4 corners with 4x4s posts set in the ground, no worry of it taking flight in the wind. All bottom edge sides will be able to be rolled up. This will allow for good air flow and safe from weed wacker shenanigans. :) If I hit the screen with the weed wacker it is way less trouble/costly to replace. I will be doing a 2 foot high base and with the 16' cattle panels it will have an 8' high center. If I find my plants need more height I think I would just top them in future grows. Looking at a total cost of around $700 as apposed to 8-18k for a green house build.

Mine will be anchored on all 4 corners with 4x4s posts set in the ground, no worry of it taking flight in the wind. All bottom edge sides will be able to be rolled up. This will allow for good air flow and safe from weed wacker shenanigans. :) If I hit the screen with the weed wacker it is way less trouble/costly to replace. I will be doing a 2 foot high base and with the 16' cattle panels it will have an 8' high center. If I find my plants need more height I think I would just top them in future grows. Looking at a total cost of around $700 as apposed to 8-18k for a green house build.
Sounds like a great plan and something I MAY do.I probably would have already if my living situation wasn't so werid and i could trust the gardeners...

I fiddled with a similar design using the 16 foot panels but I planned to put down a board using treated 2X10 turned on the edge to help with interior headroom and keep the plastic from being damaged when running the weed whacker. If needed you could use 2 of the 2X10’s stacked to get 18 inches extra headroom without much trouble just drive wood stakes on the interior to screw the lumber into place. Heck you could do this and just fill with mulch and dirt for raised bed type setup but would help to turn plow or roto-till to soften the interior soil before hand

But my state is not cool yet.... so yeah

I plan to use all treated lumber for the base the cattle panels ride on. 4"x4"x2' braces on the sides 4"x4"x4' for the corners, 2"x6"x10' on the ground level and 2"x4"x10' across the top edge of the 2' high base. Standard 2"x4"x8's for the end caps door and window framing. I will add 2' wide mulch row all the way around the outside and mulch inside on the floor. I have a friend that does tree trimming in the area so I have that I need already. If he lets me, I will borrow his skid steer and level it all out first of course. May just bribe him with fire pit cooked steak and beer. ;) I will be getting most of the lumber to start on Monday.

I plan to use all treated lumber for the base the cattle panels ride on. 4"x4"x2' braces on the sides 4"x4"x4' for the corners, 2"x6"x10' on the ground level and 2"x4"x10' across the top edge of the 2' high base. Standard 2"x4"x8's for the end caps door and window framing. I will add 2' wide mulch row all the way around the outside and mulch inside on the floor. I have a friend that does tree trimming in the area so I have that I need already. If he lets me, I will borrow his skid steer and level it all out first of course. May just bribe him with fire pit cooked steak and beer. ;) I will be getting most of the lumber to start on Monday.
That is going to be an excellent set up for sure. Unfortunately I don't have the space for something like that BUT that just means I have less work to do =D Not that it'd be terribly hard with a few nice sativa splifs. Hopefully your friend goes for the pit cooked steak and beer.

I fiddled with a similar design using the 16 foot panels but I planned to put down a board using treated 2X10 turned on the edge to help with interior headroom and keep the plastic from being damaged when running the weed whacker. If needed you could use 2 of the 2X10’s stacked to get 18 inches extra headroom without much trouble just drive wood stakes on the interior to screw the lumber into place. Heck you could do this and just fill with mulch and dirt for raised bed type setup but would help to turn plow or roto-till to soften the interior soil before hand

But my state is not cool yet.... so yeah
Hopefully your state legalises soon. That'd be a nice set up too.

Do you have a grow journal so we can look at your progress and get some smoke reports

That's quite the variety there. Do you have a grow journal so we can look at your progress and get some smoke reports? Or am I obivious and I'm posting on it? Lol!

I'm only on my second grow. My first was CBD Mango Haze from CBD Crew. It came out decent I suppose. I wish the buds were a little more dense but it's sativa dominant and I had a nute def that I couldn't figure out how to correct.

This year I'm growing Nurse Lily from Expert Seeds. I think cooking the soil may have helped but time will tell. I'm kind of wishing I had another composter to cook some flower dirt, maybe next year.

I'll find something at BAS, use it as a top dress and keep using the compost tea I use when it gets closer to flower time.
Hey there, been away from pc, bush hogging most of day.
I do have a journal of sorts, have been keeping up with their growth via an excel spread sheet, into my fourth year of keeping notes on a various amount of plants.

I'll be getting my seeds somewhere in North America this coming buying season, Canada or the US, I'm not aware of any seed distributer in Mexico, have you?

I grow in 10 gallon fabric pots, large enough get a very good harvest, yet not too big that they can be moved. I grow in my own home-made medium that way I can feed as needed, some plants need more pure nutrients NPK than others, just read the leaves and feed as requested.

Stay cool and spark up

Hey there, been away from pc, bush hogging most of day.
I do have a journal of sorts, have been keeping up with their growth via an excel spread sheet, into my fourth year of keeping notes on a various amount of plants.

I'll be getting my seeds somewhere in North America this coming buying season, Canada or the US, I'm not aware of any seed distributer in Mexico, have you?

I grow in 10 gallon fabric pots, large enough get a very good harvest, yet not too big that they can be moved. I grow in my own home-made medium that way I can feed as needed, some plants need more pure nutrients NPK than others, just read the leaves and feed as requested.

Stay cool and spark up
I haven't reached the point of reading the leaves but hopefully one day. No, I am not aware of any seed distributors in Mexico. Let me know which bank you use and how that experience goes as I am always looking for more.

The amnesia was from US based new420guyseeds dont know of any based in Mexico. They were fast on shipping & reasonably priced. I like the overseas breeders but wasn’t comfortable with the shipping and wait times due to covid last year. I need to build up a better seed stash....

funny how we all arrived at pretty much the same DIY tunnel build methods

The amnesia was from US based new420guyseeds dont know of any based in Mexico. They were fast on shipping & reasonably priced. I like the overseas breeders but wasn’t comfortable with the shipping and wait times due to covid last year. I need to build up a better seed stash....

funny how we all arrived at pretty much the same DIY tunnel build methods
One of my main reasons for wanting to be self sustained in my grows. I will be buying seeds to get different strains but, I will be seeding them out so I have my own stock of pollen and seed... Just in case. :cheer:

As far as the tunnel they are basically the same. I just think more people are doing it because they don't have to hide it indoors any longer, in the legal states anyway.

Back
Top Bottom