Unknown Strain From Seed - First Time Grow

I believe the waxy layer protects the tricomes while the water disolves the salt and sugars. Only thing you may lose is smell and some taste. Some prefer it that way.

I have never washed any nugs. Not sure if I'll ever try that one...

But I do have a thought on knocking trichomes off. My thought is that when cannabis is fresh, trichs are not so easy to accidentally knock off. They only really start shedding pollen once they are fully dry...

As evidence to support my argument, I say: if you use Boveda 62% packs as I do, you won't even collect hardly any "pollen" in your herb grinder (especially compared to the pollen you used to collect from that not-quite-ripe but definitely over-dried crap that dealers always seem to have for sale)

Sent from a hand built ganja phone I made entirely out of cannabis buds.

The way I did it is supposed to blanch them. I used pigeons420 method I had the lemon juice and baking soda in room temp water then I had a bucket of HOT water and a bucket of the coldest I could get from my tap. I cleaned them good in the mix then when I blanch them in the hot water I then dunked it in the cold to stop the blanching process.

It works for vegetables so why not try. That plus the fact that one of the best growers I've seen uses the washing method.

And vex when you blanch vegetables it supposed to enhance and lock the flavor in so fingers crossed it does the same. I can say they looked and smelled better to me almost instantly. Plus I had dead gnats in there from when I had that fungus gnat problem earlier on

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

My grow area gets dusty and I grow outside too, so I like to do a wash in baking soda and lemon juice. I have never lost a trich and they shine like jewels without all the dust, bird shit and bug carcases covering them. I suggest everyone give this a try with a branch or two to see for yourselves. I made a blog entry a couple years ago to remember the recipe.

And here she is washed and trimmed some
420-magazine-mobile1959634400.jpg
420-magazine-mobile747275098.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1453694104.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1203955417.jpg

That looks great Canno.....what do the trichs look like

Omg I hope I have 2-4 oz's I know they shrink but it really did surprise me how dense they were. You never really know what them curves are like till you get those clothes off . and that one branch felt like 3 3oz easy wet but it was washed so we shall see.

Hisoka I washed the buds because I want a smooth and flavorful smoke. I have never done it and not sure if I smoked washed buds before but everyone seems to sware by it.

And like doc bud said I would invite you over and feed you some vegetables out if my garden without washing them.
It gets dust gnats powdery mold spores and stuff out of the buds. I can tell you they looked brighter and smelled fresher and their was more debris in the water then I would like to admit

In your opinion COgrower does washing your buds make them taste better

I will probably wash mine also but I am worried a little because I will not be hanging mine up....they have to dry flat....and I worry about that. However, when I look at them under the loop they are DIRTY BUDS....cat hair, my hair, dust, dead bugs...I don't know If I want to cure all that.....lol

Wonderful job Canno.....now I just to cut Patty up :thumb:

You cant stand them up like lillipops?....if You are going to dry them flat are you using a rack?

Yea, I can lolipop them and I have racks to dry....I'm working on a solution at the moment.

Bckush this is what the thrichs looked like after wash
420-magazine-mobile547656647.jpg

I meant trich colors :love:

Thx for following

Been a fun ride :thumb:

Heyyyyyy.....congrats on the harvest my friend!!! Looks delicious! :goodjob: would love to hear a smoke report on sthat bad jewel! Happyyyy fridaayyy!:volcano-smiley:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I told you about two oz, I could tell by how much and dense of colas

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom