Unknown Strain Indoor/Outdoor - Soil 100% Organic

Re: Unknown strain Indoor/Outdoor, Soil 100% organic

2012-03-13_12-42-18_638.jpg

FYI Unknown goes under CFL lighting at night time, and bliss goes under fluorescent 80w (coolwhite)

All right im going to post a pic since its been a few days :p wells let's see I know she has some yellow I will fix tomorrow have to let soil dry a little before giving her the mutes in 6.o ph water. :) but she has been grrowing

2012-03-14_13-28-17_898.jpg

Okay so I go from 10:30am to 5pmjust outside sun then for indoors I got a 13w cfl and 26wI cfl for2525 lumen's

Oh and she looks a bit greener now but hopefully when I give her the nute and that good water she will go back to green :)I I hope

Also im going to start a different time thing, instead of 24/0 what's a good time thing to do but isn't to nuts with turning off and on lights like 20/4?

Okay I gave her some nute water and she is responding well, starting see greens return to the tips and the leafs :)I I think she is a lemon haze! She smells like lemons! Is that something that could be the strain or no?

Hi Mr mud pie, my names paul, its good to see another cfl grow going im doing the same, i started mine from seeds and i would say we are both at exactly the same stage, tesmp has been giving me loads of advice and help so im sure you will learn alot of him and others on the site, im growing big bud, special kush and northern lights cross big bud femenised so im hoping for at least one female plant, ill post the link to my journal below this post,

as for your grow it looks like your doing ok and it will be good to see how your grows compared to mine and maybe get and give each other advice, i havnt grown a plant for about 8 years and that was with different lights, this grow im strictly cfls im using the 30 watt 6700 k and a 30 watt 2700 thrown in for the extra light spectrum as mine dont see the sun much, well not yet anyway not had any sun to show my plants to, it will be good to see how these grows go, so im subd and gona keep popping in to c how your getting on, i asked a lot of questions on my journal and their is quite a lot of info their as well, a lot of it off tesmp, so when you get time click on the link below n have a read, it should help you as i got loads of help so it can all only be good, i hope your grow goes well and cant wait to see how the different grows develop, nice to meet you anyway.

i just looked at your lates pic and noticed your cfls are giving off an orange glow and not a bright blue glow, this to me looks like the bulbs your using are the lower kelvin bulbs around 2700 kelvins, these are the bulbs you will mainly be using when you come to flower the plant, the best cfls for the veg stage are the blue light bulbs, i say blue their a really bright white and not an orange but got a blue look to them.

the warm white bulbs are the 2700 kelvin and these are best for veg as they give off more of the red spectrum which the plant uses when flowering or budding it off.

now the bulbs you need for veg will say on the box something like 6700 kelvin or will be labled daylight bulb or bright white, if you use googe and search for what cfl's to use for growing cannabis you will find loads of info that describes what ive just said, i think their is a big section on it in my journal as well, just thought id let you know so you can make sure you are getting the best light for your plant at the right time, these higher kelvin bulbs the 6700 kelvin dont cost anymore but will be brighter and will have a blue look to them if you look at pictures in my journal you will see in one of the pics the difference between the 2 different bulb types, im sure tesmp will also advise you on this as well

happy growing

Nice to meet you Paul! Well that's the thing like I didn't see it on the 26wgrow bulb, where could I get 65k does lowes have them? And like should I put the 40w cfl with the y splitter with the 26w

that looks better mate, the duel spectrum are ideal, you might want to go for the 30 ro 40 watt bulbs though as they give off load more light, have the lights as close as you can but keep checking for the 1st few days to make sure your plants are ok, also if you have a fan dont have it blowing directly on the plants as this seems to dry them out when their still young.

alot of shops dont stock the 30 watt or 40 watt daylight bulbs but if you have any big tool stores like tool station or places like that then you can pick the 30 watt bulbs up of them and their about the same price as the ones you have got, for veg im using 3 30 watt 6700 kelving for veg and 1 30watt 270 kelvin, so for veg the more of the higher range kelvin are better so im only using one 2700 k bulb just to give the extra spec, i dont think its really needed but the sun would put this out so i think it can only be a good thing, when you come to flower get a load of the 30 or 40 watt 2700 k bulbs and they will flower it off for you.

another tip for you would be where to place the lights, at the minute on my grow ive got the bulbs above the plants and as close as i can without burning them, not that theirs is any heat but i dont want to take the risk, but what im going to do when my plants are a bit bigger is to add to the lights above by hanging lights all around the plant about halfway up the plant, so when the lights are on your using the lights above the plant to light the main canopy but by having bulbs around the sides of the plant your going to increase light penetration and this will then make the plant have bigger flowers lower down the plant as if this is not done then the top of the plant will have the main nuggets and the bottom of the plant will have what they call popcorn buds so increasing the light around the plant as well as above will help it flower quicker and also increase yield

First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

with the daylight bulbs the higher kelvin you should see a huge difference within a day or 2, you will notice how the color looks better and the plant looks a lot more healthy,

Ya I can def tell a difference now inn the light haha tomorrow morning ill do some fixing up to have the dual cfl hanging from above and the 270 on the side im at 5175 lumen. So hopefully that will make a big difference I can put a 13w 270 if need be so ill have over 6k lumen :) thanks alot Paul we should def talk about advice and how our grows are doing :)and we will team up! Haha :bongrip: haha well its 7days for her today. Tomorrow ill be leaving around 12 and wont be back till Saturday 9am. So ill get it all positioned and hopefully have a beauty when I come back :)and im going to the hydro store tomorrow and bringing 10 gal for there aqua water witch is ph'd at 6.0 so she will have perfect water :0

sounds like a good idea, i dont think our grows are to far apart i think mine a roughly the same age. you should notice a huge difference now, instead of the plants stretching they should fill out now and become more bushy, the lights will make a shuge difference, also make sure you dont over water as that will cause the plant to shut own until the soil has dried out a bit, i think i may of over watered mine as they didnt seem to grow so i only water them when the top inch n half of the soil is dry or check the weight of the pot to judge if its low on water or now, the leaves will wilt slightly with lack of water but as long as you water them they will pick back up in a few hours time,

ill post some picture of my plants when i get chance and you can c how far along i am, but as far as i can c your plants look good and healthy and now you have changed the lights the plants will thrive and love you for it.

i just didnt find them bright enough, as a room light they was brighter but when the lower watts where closer to the plant it seemed the 30 watt bulbs gave more direct light, but cfl's are new to me for growing, as long as you have got light penetrating your plant everything should be ok, well thats what i keep telling myself, all you can do is your best and do some research like i did, google has been my best friend over the last week, plus not to mention all the help on here from peeps like tesmp and quixilver, both gave me loads of advice and pointed me in the right direction a few times,

First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

Soot! Well I love her she's my 1st baby :) ill check up on her in a hour see how she is doing and we should compare our nutes :)and se what one does best for end use ect my whole set was 35 bucks and came with 2the coconut cups for growing

Back
Top Bottom