Unknown Strain Indoor/Outdoor - Soil 100% Organic

Re: Unknown strain Indoor/Outdoor, Soil 100% organic

2012-03-16_20-57-20_464.jpg

That's the fan

I'm gonna take the pole off and have it angled like it is so the fan bblows the air right over the pot and cfls

all i can say is give it a try, you can always move the fan about a bit till you get it all set up so its as you want it, im new to this as well, so im learning and trying to put into practice what i learn, so give it a try, remember you dont want to much blowing on the plants as it evaps the moisture in the leaves at this early stage and dries them out, i found this when i had my 12v fans blowing directly on the plant, now its slightly off from the plants and giving them a gentle breeze i found it works a lot better

2012-03-17_16-25-30_506.jpg

Here she is with new water and she's back to all green and happy got a fan to :)

2012-03-17_16-25-20_331.jpg

Its on rotational so it move back and forth so it doesn't dry the baby out :)

thats a good idea having the plant inside something like that, must be getting loads of light, plz make sure the temp dont rise around the plant though using it like that, i know you got the fan but the plants in the pot so the fan is blowing over the top,

and are you managing to keep it somewhere dark during the lights off, i think the plant will grow really quick like that with the lights on it just be carefull of the heat building up, try and hang a thermometer where the tops of the plant is to check the air temp at the plant level, not the base of the plant but where the top leaves are as the temp can drop drastically withing a few inches, so check that but if thats ok then you should have nothing to worry about, now as for the fan, i was basing my comments on the fact that you had the plants in a confined grow room like mot growers, if i had a fan like that i couldnt put it in with the plants unless i had it blowing against a wall or the ceiling but been as your plant is out like that then you wont have any problems what so ever using that fan, just make sure that when you have it in its dark period that it is totally dark and no light can get in from anywhere, as ive heard this can turn the plant into a he-she, making it hermi, but looks good to me mate, i posted the pics of my plants today on my grow,

The good news is that the wall behind the pot, when the fan goes past the plant when goes behind the pot intothe plant so there allways fresh air coming in to keep it cool, and its allways 74 in that room. :) I think I got my set up finally :)

sounds like you got it dialed in nicely, the only thing i found is that even the 40watt cfls can be held in your hand for as long as you want by when i had 4 cfl's wired up the temp at plant level did raise slightly, and this is why i built my 12v fans as the heat at the pot was cool and not to warm to evap the water out the leaves, but when i hung my temp and humid gauge by the top of the plant i found the temp was higher and the humidity was less as well so using the fans solved the problem and bought it back in line with what it should be.

but to me it looks and sounds like you got it dialed in just right

i had this debate a while back, alot of growers swear by 24-0, and others swear by 18-6 i chose in the middle, alot of growers so a plant dont need no dark period till the plant is changed to flower, but ive read that the roots grow bigger and spread more if you have some dark period, the last plant i grew years ago was strictly 18-6 till i turned it to flower, but their are that many different schedules you can choose, ive heard the best one is the gas lantern routine, tesmp may know more about this as he was in on the big debate i had on this, but for me i chose 20-4, so its in between the 24-0 and 18-6, so to me i think a plant needs some dark time so i opted for 20-4 others say it dont and veg 24-0, others say 18-6 is the best and tests have been done on root growth with each schedule and it was found root growth is best with some dark period, how ever i wouldnt worry to much and do what you thinks best for you, i done loads of research and never really got an answer, top growers swear by 24-0 and others dont, i say its a matter of choice for the grower and what the grower wants to use, for instance you use more electric using 24-0 but you could then argue it cuts the veg time down, for instance if you done 7 days at 18-6 and compared how much light hours you have in the dark compared to 24-0, it gives you more grow time, but i heard you get more stretch without the dark period, but im not the one to ask ive not got many grows under me yet, i just think personally that plants need to have some dark period

i think its just down to each growers taste, ive seen great yields from all methods so i wouldnt say 1 is better than the other. 24-0 will be fine or 20-4 will be fine or 18-6 will be fine, none will cause you any problems and all will produce great results, unless you want to research the gas lantern routine as this is suppose to make a better plant

it will be good to see how our plants get on, i would say mine or not that far behind yours, so it will be good to compare them as things carry on, be interesting to see the results, cant wait, just wish things would hurry up a bit, they should start growing a lot quicker now their getting more leaves they should start to pick up now and notice them growing a lot more

Def I'm about to go check on her in a few minuets, :) so when do we "top" or "fin" them? Like cutting the top or something to form two kola's?

its bed time for me where i am, 2:30 am but still awake as usual, i thnk im going to go with the lst and just bend the plants and run them around the edge of the pot so ive got all the stems at the same level this should help with light penetration more, i have still not made my mind up yet 100% though, ive read that you do it when it gets to the 4th node which i presume is the 4th set of real leaves and you can start training it from then, ill find out for sure before i do anything though

In my old apt. I had a 2x2ft closet I used for veg. I had 4 30W 6700's and 9 coffee cans . In 2 mo. they were 2 ft tall and I move them to a spare bathroom under 400W HPS. I allways got 9 oz every two mo. Just wanted to say that the cfl's for veg. is great.

If it stays warm enough during the dark period, I swear by the 18-6. It makes more sense in conjunction with mother nature.

OK. The first thing I would do is get that baby outa the bucket. I would put her on the floor and hang the light over it. Then I would bounce the air from the fan off the wall at her. And for the light I would put 3 or 4 of the BIG cfls like 60 W 6700 for veg. then 3 or 4 60W 2700 for flower. I'd say that should give you at least a half lb. If you have low humidity I would put a bigger tray underneath and water from the top until there is water in the tray, when it dries out I just poor a cupfull or so a day in the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom