Veg led

Silverfox125

I’m looking for a light specific for veg. I’m …. not that smart and just realized that when i made the transition from HID gear to LED I only bought stuff in the 3-4k spectrum. I’m seeing a lot of full spectrum options for our sponsors and could be talked into.

I’m apprehensive at the full spectrum because typically if you’re good for both cycles you’re not great at either one. I only need this for my veg tent to clarify.

Thanks in advance

Silver :Namaste:

Screenshot_20240104_173823_VIVOSUN.jpg

I’m looking for a light specific for veg. I’m …. not that smart and just realized that when i made the transition from HID gear to LED I only bought stuff in the 3-4k spectrum. I’m seeing a lot of full spectrum options for our sponsors and could be talked into.

I’m apprehensive at the full spectrum because typically if you’re good for both cycles you’re not great at either one. I only need this for my veg tent to clarify.

Thanks in advance

I think the @ViparSpectra XS-1500 Pro would make a great choice contingent on the size of your veg needs. CL🍀 :thumb: :cheer:

Thanks in advance

Only one company, HLG, makes veg and flower LED grow lights. ChilLED revamped their model line and now is selling white LED grow lights. I bought my Growcrafts a couple of years ago so I have separates.

As of a few days ago, HLG was having a sale + they had some refurbs.

you’re not great at either one.
The research is pretty clear on how the different spectra influence the outcome of the grow, thinking mainly about plant shape and crop yield, but, based on what's available in the market, most growers don't know and/or don't care.

Having acknowledged that there is a reduction in yield due to blue light, I wouldn't go so far as to say that a white spectrum isn't going to give great results. A reason this is that the improvement in yield by having a low percentage of blue is overwhelmed by the myriad other factors that influence outcomes so growers just don't see any particular downside to a white LED light.

if you go dedicated rigs 4000 - 4500k is perfect for veg and dedicated flower sits at 2700 - 3500K. i run a mix of 3000 and 3500k for a compromise but supplement the veg rig with burple 5050 smds to bring spectrum in.

if i was to build the rigs again i'd stick to the k i have in flower but i'd run 3500 and 4000k in veg with the supplemental.

when i sold rigs i'd let the client decide the k mix. i could add the burple supplement in veg or far red on the flower rig if requested. i recommend them both.

i have an hlg 4k

after review it was a me issue and not a light issue. i had the temps way too low.
I also use H L G quantum boards I have 2 100 watt 4000 K and 1 100watt R spec full spectrum 3300 K. They do run a lot cooler than most lights. I raised the driver up off the aluminum deck, from my research the driver gets too hot and shortens the life of the light. a couple of 1 an 1/4 stand off keeps em nice an cool.

20220625_120638.jpg

20220625_120643.jpg

Back
Top Bottom