Veg Question

I am going to attempt this during '22, since I also want a perpetual. With two medical licenses I can run 12 plants in bloom and 12 plants in veg. I plan on starting 6 plants at a time, following a strict uppotting schedule of solo cup to 3 gallon in the first month, and then I move those to veg room #2 after an uppotting to 5 gallon, where they will stay for another month. and when I will plant 6 more seeds in the first room. After the 2nd month the oldest 6 will be sent to the bloom room for approximately 2 months, with some bloom times being a little longer. The plants in the first veg room will get their final container, and 6 more seeds will be planted. This timing is just about perfect and will still allow me to develop large plants in veg.

Every month I will start another 6 seeds and harvest 6... more or less. If the bloom room is working on a batch of longer running plants, I can delay the plants in the final container veg room until they are ready to go to bloom. This will allow me to have a harvest every month, and start a new variety every month.

I will be working hard, but now that I have officially retired from my day job, I think I can handle it. I have the room and I have the lights... I just need to organize this into a thing. The very coolest thing about all of this is that i can have 4 different varieties going at all times, have constant variety in available product and with a harvest every month, I will never run out of product. I also would like to avoid having a 10 or 11 plant harvest, ever again. That, was brutal.

You might not want to work this hard. Start 3 plants every month then, so that total you will have 12 plants in the assembly line vs my 24. Catch me in 3 or 4 months as this all comes online, and we will see how the grand plan is going after meeting the real world. Good luck with yours... let's compare notes as we build into this. :love:

I am going to attempt this during '22, since I also want a perpetual. With two medical licenses I can run 12 plants in bloom and 12 plants in veg. I plan on starting 6 plants at a time, following a strict uppotting schedule of solo cup to 3 gallon in the first month, and then I move those to veg room #2 after an uppotting to 5 gallon, where they will stay for another month. and when I will plant 6 more seeds in the first room. After the 2nd month the oldest 6 will be sent to the bloom room for approximately 2 months, with some bloom times being a little longer. The plants in the first veg room will get their final container, and 6 more seeds will be planted. This timing is just about perfect and will still allow me to develop large plants in veg.

Every month I will start another 6 seeds and harvest 6... more or less. If the bloom room is working on a batch of longer running plants, I can delay the plants in the final container veg room until they are ready to go to bloom. This will allow me to have a harvest every month, and start a new variety every month.

I will be working hard, but now that I have officially retired from my day job, I think I can handle it. I have the room and I have the lights... I just need to organize this into a thing. The very coolest thing about all of this is that i can have 4 different varieties going at all times, have constant variety in available product and with a harvest every month, I will never run out of product. I also would like to avoid having a 10 or 11 plant harvest, ever again. That, was brutal.

You might not want to work this hard. Start 3 plants every month then, so that total you will have 12 plants in the assembly line vs my 24. Catch me in 3 or 4 months as this all comes online, and we will see how the grand plan is going after meeting the real world. Good luck with yours... let's compare notes as we build into this. :love:

Congratulations on your day job retirement!

You are truly a wonder, Emilya. You write and plan so well. I'm also trying to go perpetual this year.

I have three 5x5 tents and a licence to grow 25 plants. I would like to use one tent for veg and either 2 for flower or one for flower and one for special projects like a sponsored grow.

I haven't figured out the logistics quite yet.

I did try to help but it was obvious it got a bit more complicated in just using text to describe.

Ill break out the pen and paper today and try real hard to give some easy instructions using simple diagrams and do the grow period math for you. Ill put in here so it can be critiqued, added to, modified, etc.

Did you have any particular strains in mind?

Hi Emmybird :)

Congratulations on the retirement. I’m so envious.

I am finding it hard to manage more than 4. I want quality plants. And with my spider mite issues, they need time. I recently ruined a Mimosa EVO because I didn’t commit the time needed.

I’d love to watch your magic. And if you ever want to collaborate, I’d love to do a Northern Grow vs Southern Grow Girls United Will Never Be Defeated Journal. Your professionalism vs my unprofessionalism would be so much fun to do :)

I did try to help but it was obvious it got a bit more complicated in just using text to describe.

Ill break out the pen and paper today and try real hard to give some easy instructions using simple diagrams and do the grow period math for you. Ill put in here so it can be critiqued, added to, modified, etc.

Did you have any particular strains in mind?
I am doing Wedding Cake and the sherbet sunshine one (that’s not its name btw, but I’m 67% sure it has the words sunshine and sherbet in it.

I need picture too. Easy instructions, simple diagrams and pictures of dogs. I love dogs :)

Righto, after trying several different ways I think this shows it the best. You can play with it from here just adjust your number of days.

Both strains you are thing of are Indica dominant, WC a hybrid & BSS 100%,
so flowering times are shorter, 10 weeks WC, 9 for BSS.

Below is the best demo of splitting germ, seedling, and veg to match flower.

IMG_20220129_213505.jpg

You can shorten to fit, it will still work. Hope it helps. Any questions just shoot.

Righto, after trying several different ways I think this shows it the best. You can play with it from here just adjust your number of days.

IMG_20220129_213505.jpg

You can shorten to fit, it will still work. Hope it helps. Any questions just shoot.

This is great! :thanks:

Here is a quick chart of what I am aiming for in my perpetual grow. As you can see, I want to standardize it on a 4 month grow, so I have put specific and definite limits on the veg portion of the grow, separating and standardizing it to 2 months, which corresponds to the 2 months of typical bloom time. Some blooms will go a little longer, and I can adjust to that by keeping plants in veg a little longer, but I want to stay as close to the schedule as possible so that the veg and bloom sides stay in sync. Here is a back of an envelope visual representation of my plan:

20220129_103526.jpg

Hi Emmybird :)

Congratulations on the retirement. I’m so envious.

I am finding it hard to manage more than 4. I want quality plants. And with my spider mite issues, they need time. I recently ruined a Mimosa EVO because I didn’t commit the time needed.

I’d love to watch your magic. And if you ever want to collaborate, I’d love to do a Northern Grow vs Southern Grow Girls United Will Never Be Defeated Journal. Your professionalism vs my unprofessionalism would be so much fun to do :)
I have actually been looking for some added pizzazz to give my next hopeful grow journal of the year, and I love the idea of making it a collaborative grow. We shall make it happen! The start of all of this nonsense will be soon, as soon as I see who wins the current seed giveaway. #GirlPower!

i've never factored an outdoor growing season in to a perpetual grow. i've always thought of it as 'on top' of the indoor growing season.

indoor season here is mostly fall / winter, as it's easier to control environment and avoid pests. the extra heat generated by ballasts / drivers etc is used to offset direct heating cost.

i've always found it best to 'farm'. meaning plan to both grow, and not grow. the idea is to grow enough to support what you need for yourself and your closest others, while giving yourself a break every once in a while.

it's good to reset the clock. there are other things. balance.

I balanced the clock by quitting my day job. Ahhh.... just saying it brings refreshment to my world! I am so ready for this!

that's cool. most of us have a job or three.

i'm happy for you. the rest of us though have to find balance between who we love, what we love, and how to pay for it. while maintaining our sanity.

being tied perpetually to a grow with no room to vacation or travel is not feasible for many. you have to plan for it.

being tied perpetually to a grow with no room to vacation or travel is not feasible for many. you have to plan for it.
Yes indeed... don't do a perpetual if you are not prepared to follow through, because it is a lot of work and it will require constant attention. I believe it is going to lead to a blockbuster journal though, with so much going on and I look forward to the challenge. I also have something here that most are not going to have... I've got helpers, one a live in!

Yes indeed... don't do a perpetual if you are not prepared to follow through, because it is a lot of work and it will require constant attention. I believe it is going to lead to a blockbuster journal though, with so much going on and I look forward to the challenge. I also have something here that most are not going to have... I've got helpers, one a live in!
it takes a village .. not just online lol :p

you're damn lucky !

IMG_20220129_213505.jpg

That really does help actually.

If I 11 and 11 weeks that is I can throw to seeds in today.

Fuck it, I will. I have had the bassinet ready for a week, not even joking.

I do all my growing in the veg tent. From bassinet to single bed. I don’t germ either. I put them straight in dirt. That water paper thing gives me anxiety.

Serious question tho, where’s the dog? I specifically asked for a pic of a dog.

Thanks bloke :)

Back
Top Bottom