Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

Hmmmm.......I would probably want the Salifert brand alkalinity test kit. They are very good. Better than API.
API might be at a local pet store though.

Maybe it's just me and buttercup who think your water is out of whack. You grows seem to exhibit the same symptoms and you're not doing anything different than most users of MC. In fact I would safely say that you handle the product well and understand it's capabilities better than most. The pH in your medium must be changing over time and since it happens fast you would think you have a high alkaline water :nerd-with-glasses:

Or, Shed can elaborate on this, but something to do with the type of N used in ferts may not work correctly with a high alkaline water... or something like that.

I don't recall anything about combining alkalinity with specific types of N fert, just this:

b. For ammonium nitrogen (NH4) fertilizers, plants release of hydrogen ions to take up NH4. Hydrogen released is essentially acid and this drives pH down.
c. For nitrate (NO3) form of nitrogen in fertilizers, plant exchange hydroxyl ions for NO3 uptake, which causes growing medium pH to rise.

I may have to order that test. I could only find one for saltwater where I am.
They make a freshwater one as well.
I may get the gh/kh kit because it will do a double duty and I can use it with my fish tank.
For those unfamiliar with Gh and Kh...

Gh= general hardness. Measures mag and cal dissolved in water.
Kh= carbonate hardness. Measures carbonates and bicarbonates.

I should sell my wedding ring. Put that hunk of metal to good use. Knowing how cheap he was I'll probably get like $5 or end up owing them somehow.
I'm never going to wear it and think I would do well to get rid of it.

I don't recall anything about combining alkalinity with specific types of N fert, just this:

b. For ammonium nitrogen (NH4) fertilizers, plants release of hydrogen ions to take up NH4. Hydrogen released is essentially acid and this drives pH down.
c. For nitrate (NO3) form of nitrogen in fertilizers, plant exchange hydroxyl ions for NO3 uptake, which causes growing medium pH to rise.
Yes, thank you... that's what I was trying to remember. I knew I didn't know what I meant but I knew you would know what I was trying to get at. :cheesygrinsmiley:
:thanks:

Hope yers is better than mine

Mine is a goofy girl....
I saw her. She is a little strange.

Have you ever gotten a green pheno?
Specs say they are 95% red/ purple.

Back
Top Bottom