Walk's First Grow - Northern Lights - Dr. Kripling - CFL Veg - HPS Flower - Coco

Walk

Hello!

First timer here!

Growing inside a extra closet, 3.5x4.

20141110_203441.jpg

Nutrients - Canna A/B, Rhizotonic, CalMag
Water - My tap is at 230ppm, watered with this initially but swapping today to RO/DI water (ppm, 7)

So far my plants are survivors - I think I've mucked just about everything up. I didn't pre-soak my medium with any nutrients. I lost one brother to dropping him to the carpet at get go (very thick carpet designed to cover up my dogs dirty feet, it was gone moment it hit) I watered once i put my plant inside my pot, not before. And my girlfriends ferret (one of three) broke out of his cage (have since moved him to downstairs) and derooted once plant and dug a pretty large hole in another. Also ordered a fan that didn't really work, and when setting up the hole to run ducting through and out the attic, had a beam shift and put two holes in the ceiling, one in the grow room, that I had to try wall and fix. Regardless, we're still moving along.

Here is my schedule for what I have done so far.

Log.PNG

Here are my plants, this is Alpha, the biggest so far.

20141110_210045.jpg

20141110_203900.jpg

20141110_203906.jpg

Here is Beta, the ferret survivor

20141110_203940.jpg

And heres Charlie, last but not least.

20141110_203826.jpg

Charlie and Beta

20141110_210037.jpg

I am still waiting on my other seeds, will plant them and hopefully do a better go in the little guys first week. Will be hanging my 200W CFL w/ reflector tomorrow.

What strain is it? Northern Lights/ Dr. Kripling
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? NL - 80 Indica 20 Sativa, Dr. 80 Sativa 20 Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? Planted 10/25/2014
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Coco
If soil... what is in your mix? 75 Coco 25 Perlite
If soil... What size pot? 3g
Size of light? 4x 85W CFL, 1x 200W CFL, 600W HPS for flower
Is it aircooled? yes
Temp of Room/cab? 77-84
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res? 5.8
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? When needed
Type and strength of ferts used? Currently 200 ppm,

This info will make it much easier for accurate help to be given when needed and keep the members interested in your grow.

Just finished giving it the watering on the log for today, PH of 5.8 on the RO-DI water, notice my PPM was coming out a little stronger than I wanted. Think this was because I didn't know my PPM of my water was 250+ prior to yesterday. Once i see how they react, may run no nute water through tomorrow at a 5.8-6.0 PH.

Also, will rotate pictures before posting next time. Don't wanna any neck pains from you guys staring at my beauty's all day.

Do I need to worry at all about the brown spots on a few leaves on Alpha? On the bottom leaf and the right leaf at the very tip..

Thanks guys and hope you enjoy this log/journal!

Excited to watch your ladies grow! We are kind of at the same stage (started at different places though!) and it will be cool to watch another growers adventure with CFL's... even though you will be switching later in time haha.

Here to stay, exited about the grow!! Good luck!!

Re: Walk's first grow (Northern Lights/Dr. Kripling) CFL Veg HPS flower coco

Added the 200W CFL with a reflector today, still waiting on my other plants.

20141111_213457.jpg

Currently have 200W cfl and 4x 85W CFL. (overkill?) My fan gets in tomorrow so i can start bettering the temps a bit more.

I was waiting until the coco was pretty much dry (2-4 days), but have read that keeping it wet and multiple feedings per day may be better..So much varying data out there and conflicting data at that!

Capture20.PNG

So, unless any of you have any suggestions, going to begin watering every day now, currently putting in 300 ppm. in 2 gallons of Ro/di water, have 5 ml a/b, 4ml rhizo, no calmag atm.
-> After watering
My runoff PH and PPM are higher than I thought it would be, 430 PPM and 6.5 PH. Should I run some very low strength low ph water through tomorrow, not water at all, etc? Here is the amount of total collected runoff I have..(for todays watering)

20141111_213356.jpg

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Re: Walk's first grow (Northern Lights/Dr. Kripling) CFL Veg HPS flower coco

I grow organically so I can't give you advice on your nutes and what strength to use. But far as when to water (feed) don't over do it,you should wait for the plants to tell you when they need it. I judge by the weight of the plant, when they get light I water. those size pots you should be good for a few days before needing to water.

Hello! See some growth on Alpha, and a little bit of growth on the other two - but their slowly falling more and more behind!

Alpha
20141112_230330.jpg

20141112_230350.jpg

Beta

20141112_230402.jpg

Charlie
20141112_230407.jpg

20141112_230411.jpg

Got my fan in today, so been playing in the attic running some ducting, not quite finished - Have to figure out where I'm actually going to put it out the attic at..Any advice?

Watered today
20141112_231948.jpg

7 ml A/B, 5 ml Rhizo, 2 ml Calmag, 2 gallons of RO water

Hey walk I'm no professional I've only been growing since April was outdoor and I messed up everything possible. I have an indoor setup going now and after learning my lessons this summer i am feeling more confidant in my efforts. Any way that being said I am currently experimenting with coco to. I use the h3ad formula witch comes out to around 700 ppm. The reason i bring this up is all your plants look healthy no burn but all 3 finger leaves usually mine go 1-3-5 then 5 or 7. And alpha to me just looks farther away from the light its stretching. I water mine every 4-5 days depending on weight of the pot.

Got a pic last night of my coco experiment in my flower room. I put them in straight from rooted clones they didn't appreciate It at first but they got used to It after a few days. After they recovered It didn't take long to see some nitrogen deficiency starting so i went straight to 700 ppm feeding. They are about 2.5 weeks in flower. I also have a few in my veg room under cfl and they are getting the same exact formula and are loving it. I'm sure you can guess which one is farthest away from the light. Started The experiment cause i wanted to sex a Triple x diesel seed I got from a friend (The center one) and i had some coco sitting around. So I topped it cloned It and stuck (her) into flower.
20141113_212027.jpg

No pic update..I know, i know..Sorry guys. :Namaste:

Four of the five seeds came out of their shell, I soaked them 24 hrs in Ro/di water in solo cups on top of a heating pad. Over that I had a 5 gallon bucket w/ a wet towel over it blocking the light (placed inside grow room). After those 24 hours, I put on a plate in a bag with same water, had that for 24 hours.

Put the plants inside 16 oz cups with 35% airstone 65% Dutchman Coco Coir, with a tiny tiny bit of A/B canna (1.5ml/2 gallons) 5 ml rhizo 5 ml canna start (125ppm runoff).

Watered the big guys yesterday, seeing SIGNIFICANT growth on the stem stalk (like, triple in past week). They got 500ppm of rhizo, canna A B and a little cal mag.

Hey guys! Picture update today! It is day 22 since seeds were covered with coco.. So far, so good, i think! Today I fed 1.5 gallons out of 2 gal RO water, 225 ppm Calmag (9 ml) 9 ml A, 9 ml B, 7 Rhizo, canna 8 ml PH 5.6-7.

Here is my big boy, Alpha, freshly after watering. Thumb for reference in first pic, in second moving a leaf so you can see the stalk - all kinds of growth coming out of it currently. In third, the plants upper leaf is taped to side, LSTing the plant. I also FIM'd alpha today, at the 6th node.

20141116_194447.jpg

20141116_194408.jpg

20141116_194416.jpg

Here is Beta, she was topped today.
20141116_194136.jpg

20141116_194304.jpg

Charlie, left natural (will maybe leave natural)

20141116_194232.jpg

And last but not least, here are the new plants, about 16 hours after being planted.

20141116_194517.jpg

Back
Top Bottom