The second anniversary of my wife's passing is on 9/11, ... this grow room and just looking at these plants every night is some of the most peaceful times I've had since.

A 4X8 cannabis grow room should become a standard prescribed psychotherapy; just as therapeutic as all cannabis products are becoming.

Untill i have something about the Chemdawg seedling being something to look at, I'm keeping the comments in here.

I remember hearing or reading about a way to make/force a plant to stop/remain in veg for long periods. Is that true?

If so then it makes sense to clone 1 from the original and keep. One for all this scientific study...

WOW And making sex changes or hermaphrodites for seeds sounds l some assets I can leave in my will...

First plant must be a haevest in it for me and, her future clone generation will be my quasi-perpetual "Flower Garden". For play AND pay...

The chem seedling isn't dooing as well as I hoped it would. The roots didn't go busting through the rockwool as initially planned. But then, they rarely ever do where I'm concerned!

But now with the first real small snorkel reaching down, it can only get better from here! It seems those fantastic roots took a fork in the road and had to stop for directions.

IMG_20190827_213911.jpg
IMG_20190903_114809.jpg
IMG_20190903_114834.jpg

Like I said, It can only get better from here. So says a life partner with "bad" Carma; OR, maybe, on her rare night off, Charma babysits me! Although, sometimes I can't tell the difference. Like waking up in a sweat and can't quite remember if the dream was good or bad!

"Meanwhile, Back At The Ranch"!!!

Two auto's are keeping me humping. Great distraction from the crash and burn when next week comes around.

The young pland is turning out to be a real fat-ass.! At 5+ weeks it's 11 inch high and 18 inches wide. Draping her bottom all around the bucket top. Gave a minor trimming and thinning...

IMG_20190901_185555.jpg

After a few days the top is not changing, neither were the roots. I tried to find any hope of seeing some roots and found bad news. I found a half dozen tiny roots couldn't maneuver around all the clay pellets and the rockwool was getting too wet from too much bubbles.

I removed the clay pellets, drained the rockwool and set it directly on the basket bottom then after greatly reducing the air flow bubble's from the stone keeping the water from the rockwool.

Blocking downward light penetration with duct tape until better rooting and reintroduction of pellets.

Count me in for another possible fail... She should either bulk up or give up. I'll see in a few days if it's gonna help.

You mean like this? On my shelf that I forgot I had!

Im too emotionally caught up in my shit of a personal life, l shouldn't even be starting a new grow right now.

I have 4 things cooking on a 3 burner stove. And a baby's breath could blow out my pilot at this point.

Can I still put some in the rockwool?

IMG_20190905_101100.jpg

No, Rapid Start is a rooting supplement. Make sure that you shake it well before using it. After two years I found that strings of vegetative matter are included with the liquid I draw from the bottle. They get broken up when I stir my nutrient solutions.

Penny is talking about a GH product to use instead of your first rockwool cubes. Rapid Rooters are peat based, pre-charged plugs that are sliced to the middle on one side. Many folks like them both for starting seeds and rooting cuttings.

General Hydroponics suggest watering with a weak bloom nutrient to keep them moist. That's because phosphorous is used by plants to help form new roots. I use Flora Bloom at 0.4ml / liter or quart.

Thanks Salt for the advice.

If I would've remembered to prepare my 2 inch rockwool plugs and cube, and took my usual steps, this seedling would be much better off.

It's simply my forgetfulness and missing little details always screwing my pooch.

My mind is not fully in control of this grow. If I can clear some other matters off my desk maybe I'll relax and better concentrate on the cannabis grow.

If this seedling fails, I'll try it. Since my personal and/or health care insurance issues are getting repackaged, my growroom ambitions are limited to what's already working.

If hospitalization is necessary, I'm going to need a cat and plant sitter.

I predicted that this Quebec Gold auto would eventually outgrow its 3.5 gallon bucket and today's water change was the day it gets the 5 gallon reservoir (only means another gallon+ of res nutrients.

Flowering should take a hearty upturn.

The chem4 seedling is also looking better. Wednesday I dipped her toes and bottom rockwool layer in some HG RAPID START solution where most of the roots were showing and it's doing 100% better already in about 48 hours. Like a good shot of steroids... I think next week, it'll be about ready for it to start joining the Chemdawg thread. Her basket needs a little more attention first.

IMG_20190906_205141.jpg

IMG_20190904_175629.jpg

Back
Top Bottom