My Quebec Gold clone is Definitely starting into flower! Female Pistols are showing up everywhere.

Im wondering if Gen 2 photo clone can be used for stable seed production. I'm off to find the best tutorial on seeding a feminized plant. Any and all tips are welcomed. I hope there's still Lots of time.

Nobody here has experience with Tiresias Mist Feminized Seed Spray?

I use Silver ThioSulphate (STS). I bought the silver nitrate and sodium thiosulphate through e-Bay. The cost was about $35 USD.

You'd need a good scale that reads to at least 0.01gm to mix it up. It doesn't matter whether you use Tiresias Mist, Colloidal Silver, or STS; be prepared for less than stellar results, and even failures.

During my last grow I used STS and thought I had a complete failure. A few weeks later I had pollen in my run off, and found one small cluster of pollen sacks. It was not supposed to pollinate all the plants, but it did. I did get over two hundred viable seeds, some of which were what I had intended. Several others have tried, often without the desired results.

I'm currently giving it another try. This time I've been spraying rather than painting it on, and doing so much more often than during my first attempt. I've used 400ml or almost 14 fl oz so far, and I probably have another three weeks to go.

My point is not to expect instant success. It will probably take several tries to get it right.

Ive already ordered the Tiresias Mist Feminized Seed Spray.

All I've seen so far is that isolating the subject "treated stem" from the rest of the plant will work in a nursery tent setting. By isolating the rest of the plant in a big bag from overspray. Then just prior to pollen drop, cut and seperate the branch into a bottle as if cloning. After pollen is collected, brush it on the the flowers that you want to change sex with. In a seperate space to prevent total room pollination.

At what stage of flowering should the spray be applied?

Photos of pistols or budding at just the right time to spray would be nice to go by.

isolating the rest of the plant in a big bag from overspray.

This works too, and you don't need to remove the bag every time you spray...

full

I cut up the center through both sides of the bag, slipped it over plant supports, and crossed the ends over the branch to form a shield.

That's a good and cheap way to isolate for this and is perfect for my needs.

The video I saw was demonstrating a small auto.

I'm gonna need to take notes!!

My wachacallit spray is gonna be here Wednesday so my Quebec Gold is the only plant approaching flower. Showing just the past 3 days tiny scissor shape pistols. So it should work out.

So far it looks like it'll be a shorty. Might max out at 4.5 to 5 ft topped and trained. I'm pretty good at diy with my puny grow room. Im considering putting a makeshift tent is the spare room if things get crazy in the closet.

I should be safe here till January. Taxes come in March when i can afford minor upgrades.

Gotcha! This is gonna be my first new venture in my second level of cannabis growing.

I have three strains going and I'm hoping 4 plants; this Quebec Gold, one teenage chem4, (one baby chem4, and one baby Kosher Kush auto).

My hope is that by the time the baby chem4 requires her own grownup space, this autoflower and the Quebec Gold will be finishing.

IMG_20191202_223917.jpg

Well now my teenage chem4 is finally catching up with its age (it was born on 8/22) !!! I just checked again and no shit its starting to sex too!! First sign's of pistols today!! I feel like handing out BLUNTS!! :Rasta:

Im having twins
Different Mommy's but I'm the Papa.

I will keep that Quebec Gold on light nutes until that spray arrives. Gonna be needing more than a single one ounce bottle.

With all my bitching about buying seeds, I'm surprised no one told me about this SECRET before!

Im gonna have an auto Kosher Kush in about another 4 weeks that was the only good seed from the batch of .

I've never doubted you about that. You're the one that notified me about the Chemdog and it looks like I'll see soon!

Back
Top Bottom