IMG_20230615_155824623.jpg

IMG_20230615_155824623.jpg
600ppm / 1.2 EC in, 750ppm / 1.5 EC out.

pH 6.1 in, pH 6.4 out. Lowering input to 5.7. taking another reading in 3 hours and mixing some top off to the reservoir.

I normally make 3-5 gallons at a time since bigger volumes are harder to work with. I mix a 3 gallon stock solution every week at about 5.0 EC that I use to dilute to desired strength.

I mix 75ppm potassium silicate, about 30ppm elemental silicate, 150ppm Calimagic and stock solution til I reach 600ppm/1.2 EC and then add 2ppm residual chlorine. I dip 4 fingertips in the cup and clean it in the solution.

She's being fed 5 times a day with no drybacks. The top layer stays wet at all times. I'm growing in hydro growing in coir and about 40-50% perlite. It took me many years to grasp how to optimally feed in coir and how I should think of it as a medium. It was after running DWC for 10 years and then going back to coir that I understood how to properly cycle the media and nutrient solution and feed coir or any soilless media.

I had great results back then to in soilless but I did a lot of mistakes and errors looking back on my early growing years. Thought I understood more than I did. Probably still do but I feel old and I imagine and believe myself to be more humble and wiser these days, lol! It's better to be an open book and accept your own faults and limitations to easier see room for improvements.

Last time I had Kali was 8 yrs ago, something like that.. exceptional medicine. There's strain that come and go but remember that Kali..
Good looking girl Wastel
She's been my go to for well over 15 years. Feels like I've grown different phenos of her forever. I need to pop some of those Kali seeds come to think of it to see if I can find a more Sativa leaning pheno. I love my Sativa's!

Next cycle's gonna be something completely different though, a real hog producer Skywalker OG. She's really strong and vigorous. Cheers!

IMG_20230616_155916909.jpg
IMG_20230616_160008452.jpg
IMG_20230616_155951910.jpg

600ppm / 1.2 EC in, 755ppm / 1.55 EC out

pH 5.7 in, pH 6.2 out. Maybe I'll lower slightly but close to pH 6.3 is pretty optimal in flower in coir from my experience. Cheers!

Very precise, I like seen growers that use nutes use them properly with out burning their plants specially at the end of flower.

You know what you are doing. Great job.
Thanks bud! Historically Cali growers use way higher EC values compared to European growers and you see a lot of misconceptions and overfeeding widespread across the forums.

The old saying "less is more" really applies to Cannabis! They need less nutrients at the end of flower, not the other way around like many still believes. Cheers!

Thanks bud! Historically Cali growers use way higher EC values compared to European growers and you see a lot of misconceptions and overfeeding widespread across the forums.

The old saying "less is more" really applies to Cannabis! They need less nutrients at the end of flower, not the other way around like many still believes. Cheers!

I totally back this statement, I've read some post saying sutff like, "if it ain’t burning tips they ain’t eating enough." I don’t understand why burn the plant at the end. The nuts will stay in the buds and the taste will be awful.

I chose taste over quantity. I grow plants with only fermented water extracts and thats it. Taste is nothing like you would find in a dispensary and yes Organic flower costs more than nutes flooded flower because one tastes like terpenes the other one taste like NPK and all that jazz that cant be flushed.

Very precise, I like seen growers that use nutes use them properly with out burning their plants specially at the end of flower.

You know what you are doing. Great job.
I always say to myself Wastei got a 5 star hotel over their all they need when they need it all they have to do is ask! I'll be following his ways for sure once I'm fully settled in! 👌🏽

I always say to myself Wastei got a 5 star hotel over their all they need when they need it all they have to do is ask! I'll be following his ways for sure once I'm fully settled in! 👌🏽
Thanks for the kind words bud! I've been really busy at work lately but soon semester is coming so I get some free time and energy to do some much needed work along here. I have a lot of plans that I want to complete on my days off work! Cheers!

How far from harvest are you if I may ask?
Good question I really don't know since I've never fully flowered this girl out. But if I would guess I would say 4-5 weeks left. She usually goes 11-14 weeks in flower with 10-14 days of preflower, totally about 13-16 weeks from flip. She has a lot of swelling left to do!

Cheers!

IMG_20230617_165131779.jpg

Crawled like a ninja to fix the dangly lowers hanging everywhere. Some new notes are coming in, reminds me of
Cloudberries we have up in the north.
Hjortron.jpg

Cloudberries grows in peat moss, one berry per plant and of my absolute favourite berries!

550ppm / 1.1 EC in, 750ppm / 1.5 EC out. Lowering input to 1.0 EC.

pH 5.7 in, 6.05 out.

Edit:
Second reading:
500ppm / 1.0 EC in, 800ppm / 1.6 EC out. Lowering EC to 0.8.

Cheers!

IMG_20230617_192556396_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230617_192524547_HDR.jpg

Third runoff reading!

400ppm / 0.8 EC in, 750ppm / 1.5 EC out.

pH 5.7 in, pH 6.1 out.

That's what I wanted to see! Let's see where she lands this time.

Kali Mist is not an easy strain to grow but the long wait and work is usually worth it! Very finicky up and down behaviour and even picky in veg, she doesn't like 24h in veg at all!

It's like she has growth spurts and then go down to cruise mode. She's a very good strain to learn how to dial in the feed since she's so picky and sensitive, very low feeder. Cheers!

Wow late joiner I am!

Where’s your Kali Mist from?

Just harvested 6 from seed from Serious Seeds (Simon was the original breeder witb a ‘K’ is a TM but other people have bred from them. Apparently I have more Fem seeds on hand than them at the moment 😂 They’re called “Island” in my Graduation journal.

How’s the Meijiu light?

I know the team there. They’ve been to Thailand a couple of times this year (where we are) and we’ve met. Introduced them to some commercial growers. Really decent stuff. They are probably the worlds biggest OEM Grow Light Manufacturer. But don’t have much exposure to the home/prosumer market (their clients do!)

Keep trying to suggest they sponsor @420 and get some grow journals on.

My mission for next week is to see if I can get that done, but already a good few light sponsors so not sure it works.

My Kali is still hanging about 2 weeks dried. Its a nice nigh the little I tried and for a pretty much pure sativa a pretty healthy yield of 11 weeks flower at 12/12.

Looking forward to see how yours finish!

Seen the 1978 Meijiu? Trying to get them to make me that with just the 3000k LM301H (no UV or Cold White) and Osram reds. They will. Just need to promise I sell or buy a lot of lights 😂

Nick

Wow late joiner I am!

Where’s your Kali Mist from?

Just harvested 6 from seed from Serious Seeds (Simon was the original breeder witb a ‘K’ is a TM but other people have bred from them. Apparently I have more Fem seeds on hand than them at the moment 😂 They’re called “Island” in my Graduation journal.

How’s the Meijiu light?

I know the team there. They’ve been to Thailand a couple of times this year (where we are) and we’ve met. Introduced them to some commercial growers. Really decent stuff. They are probably the worlds biggest OEM Grow Light Manufacturer. But don’t have much exposure to the home/prosumer market (their clients do!)

Keep trying to suggest they sponsor @420 and get some grow journals on.

My mission for next week is to see if I can get that done, but already a good few light sponsors so not sure it works.

My Kali is still hanging about 2 weeks dried. Its a nice nigh the little I tried and for a pretty much pure sativa a pretty healthy yield of 11 weeks flower at 12/12.

Looking forward to see how yours finish!

Seen the 1978 Meijiu? Trying to get them to make me that with just the 3000k LM301H (no UV or Cold White) and Osram reds. They will. Just need to promise I sell or buy a lot of lights 😂

Nick
Welcome @NickHardy! I've actually looked at the 1978 when they sent me the recommendation in the mail. Really solid light and unbeatable for that price. Only 3000k makes sense since you get the best price and performance possible.

My Kali is directly from Serious, my seeds are from about 3 years ago. Still have seeds I need to pop! Skywalker OG from Nirvana is next up, she's a hog producer. Been long since I had this strong producer. Beats everything I have.

The only light manufacturer that were about to send me a light was Mars Hydro a couple of years ago. Then I got me the Meijius, it's actually only my 4th run with LED's. Only did HID's for 25 years.

Cheers!

Maybe Meijiu will be around here someday.

Best made lLEDs I’ve actually touched. And ai’ve seen and felt near all the top 10 - though only grown FC6500 and FCE4800 from Mars.

I’m really happy to be trying the HPS and CMH combo - just try it once. I think LED has it beat now. But at least I’ll I’ve tried it once.

No regrets.

❤️

Nick

Back
Top Bottom