Website Upgrade: New Features

technicallly it actually seems like it would happen quite eaily - you following someone’s thread, if they block you you don’t get warning beforehand so you dont get to unsubscribe, alerts and notifications keep coming. The system can’t see the ‘error’. Hopefully someone at admin level (@Marc Ocean ) will be able to remove the thread from your watchlist VG. If they can access it.

Welcome to my world, lol. The forum developer's implementation of the "ignore" routine SUCKS. I hope you get a better response with your issue than I did.

Just out of curiosity, what happens when you left-click (or tap, if on a cell phone or tablet) on one of those notifications? Do you then go to the that in question, get an "insufficient permission" notification, or what?

Welcome to my world, lol. The forum developer's implementation of the "ignore" routine SUCKS. I hope you get a better response with your issue than I did.

Just out of curiosity, what happens when you left-click (or tap, if on a cell phone or tablet) on one of those notifications? Do you then go to the that in question, get an "insufficient permission" notification, or what?
Oops...we ran into some problems...etc.

I'll look into the problem with alerts from threads you've been blocked from by members.
Just checking something for clarity.

This sounds like you think VG’s problem is getting alerts for thread she’s been blocked from, whereas the situation is that a member has blocked her and she still gets alerts for that member’s threads, that she had been watching, when other people post in them. Because the member has blocked her, she can’t see their threads to select and unfollow.

Maybe you’re getting that right already, it just didnt sound like it so I had to check :)

turned off my alerts for now.

I only get alerts for likes, loves, laughs etc. and quotes these days and rely on the subbed threads list to see what’s new there (and ‘what’s new‘ for everywhere).

Hopefully something like this will give you some relief from it in the meantime

This sounds like you think VG’s problem is getting alerts for thread she’s been blocked from, whereas the situation is that a member has blocked her and she still gets alerts for that member’s threads, that she had been watching, when other people post in them. Because the member has blocked her, she can’t see their threads to select and unfollow.

Maybe you’re getting that right already, it just didnt sound like it so I had to check :)

I only get alerts for likes, loves, laughs etc. and quotes these days and rely on the subbed threads list to see what’s new there (and ‘what’s new‘ for everywhere).

Hopefully something like this will give you some relief from it in the meantime
Thank you for clarifying. :love: Thats exactly what's happening.

Maybe you’re getting that right already, it just didnt sound like it so I had to check
That's it.
He doesn't show up there.
I turned off my alerts for now.
It's not listed there but you still receive alerts from that thread? What type of alerts and are you still getting them?

That's a list of the threads you're currently watching. If it's not on that list, going directly to the thread to hit "unwatch" will do no good, because it's not even on the list.

I’m going to help VG out here, and hope she corrects me if I’m wrong.

She gets ‘New post’ alerts for the journal(s) of a member who has Blocked her.

It seems the journal is still on her watch list but is hidden from her because of the Block, as the actual thread itself is (why she cant get to it to unwatch).

If there is no way you can do something in the background or ‘under the hood’ to fix that then the only fix i can see would be for the person to unblock VG long enough for her to unwatch the thread (which would require some private messages of course).

@Virgin Ground

Just to let you know that the "Ignore" issue is far from forgotten. We are working with the developer to try and find a solution.

It's taking a little time because, with the current worldwide unpleasantness, they are short on staff. Most of their team is returning this month.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi folks. Quick thing to check in to please;

I noticed recently that the “show ignored content” button no longer appears for me on pages where there is ignored content.

:Namaste:

@Marc Ocean are you still working on this project?

Hi folks, following up on this - i just discovered a new (to me) feature. There is a checkbox in the ignored content section of member settings that turn on or off the feature I was asking about. It seems to be checked by default, unchekcing it reinsates the ‘show ignored content’ option on relevant pages. So, resolved :)

BC48805A-3BCD-49B5-9E2E-C90E31772A54.jpeg

I unchecked it :thumb:

I was just thinking the same thing. But I was also thinking that I have been here a while and it has been several years since I bothered to read the thing - and that I might have grown just a wee bit forgetful of the specifics of the thing. So it's probably past time for me to have a quick refresher on the entire "document," anyway. Such things aren't just for the new members, after all ;).

I am a big fan in general of "changelogs," though, lol. I kind of miss the feature in the old software that, when one edited one of his/her posts, there was a little box called "Reason for editing" or some such. I always tried to use it to make a brief statement about why I edited the post, what sort of change I made. That's in addition to using a bold "EDIT:" in the actual body of the post.

ROB/MARC: Is it possible to add that feature again?

Back
Top Bottom