West Coast Diesel: First Grow Journal - Would Love Some Insight

I had to deal with powdery mildew which is different than what you are dealing with, but I used neem oil spray and turned all my pistils brown, so you are doing the right thing by asking before you spray something on your plants. :thumb:
Yea keith totally keith ended up contacting company who produces pure crop and a few other people who use it and they ensured it was ok to use. I also had a slight bit of PM on them aswell so my as well use it when thats one of its main uses is the PM. If that doesnt work will go down the peroxide route.

Good evening fellow 420ers hope everyone had a good weekend. Weather was very nice with only an hour or so of rain all weekend.

Since the previous update yesterday all 3 west coasts and peanutbutter-haze were got a good spray last night at sunset of pure crop. Gave the one west coast a full soak to try and eliminate any fungus or bacteria that is affecting the plant.

i woke up this morning around 7 am and went out with the leaf blower to shake the plants off and to dry them off. Noticed for first time all week they were pretty much dry, which is nice since saved me 30 minutes of labor and was the first time all week they weren’t wet in the morning.

This afternoon gave a real good prune and defoliation of each plant. Really focused on the sick west coast and peanutbutter since the peanutbutter is so bushy inside barley any airflow for the inside branches.

Heres a couple of photos of all the leaves bagged up, will have some photos of the plants post defoliation tomorrow morning.

AFC050A1-4553-4572-9166-D6364C005A2D.jpeg

D1443B65-062D-49D4-8A84-63822364C0BF.jpeg

Not sure the hydrogen peroxide will be able to reach the surface of the leaves with the oil spray on them, which is kinda why I suggested the other way around.

Still worth a try though after a test spray.
Ah i see what your saying shed sorry i didnt catch that. I spoke to a few guys i know within the industry and they recommended the peroxide if all else failed. I was also told that theres a chance the peroxide may break down the trichomes. Which im curious what your take may be on that.

I think on that note i will wait a couple days and let the pure crop deplete from the plant and give a peroxide a try mid week.

I can still try a test spray I suppose to and see if it reaches the surface.

Still all gorgeous plants Newb!
I was also told that theres a chance the peroxide may break down the trichomes. Which im curious what your take may be on that.
I never found it to be an issue. Iso alcohol on the other hand will definitely melt them. If you have a loupe or scope, get a few pics of a bit of test larf before and after spraying with 3% H2O2 and that will tell you.

Still all gorgeous plants Newb!

I never found it to be an issue. Iso alcohol on the other hand will definitely melt them. If you have a loupe or scope, get a few pics of a bit of test larf before and after spraying with 3% H2O2 and that will tell you.
Yea iso i would think would for sure.

Yea good idea shed i dont know i would be able to take photos with my loupe but at least could take a look personally and gage it 👍

Would be a good idea to invest in a lens for my phone that works like a loupe to for next season

Yea iso i would think would for sure.

Yea good idea shed i dont know i would be able to take photos with my loupe but at least could take a look personally and gage it 👍

Would be a good idea to invest in a lens for my phone that works like a loupe to for next season
Check out the phone scope and get suggestions from other members as I bought one and it does not work good at all. I will not focus in very good but itmwas a cheap$25 Ebay buy. There are a lot of then out there and as I said ask what works before buying. Your plants look beautiful and there are some big buds on them plants.

Check out the phone scope and get suggestions from other members as I bought one and it does not work good at all. I will not focus in very good but itmwas a cheap$25 Ebay buy. There are a lot of then out there and as I said ask what works before buying. Your plants look beautiful and there are some big buds on them plants.
Will do Keith thanks for the kind words and right back at ya.👍

Not sure about up by you but down here the price of a wireless scope is not that much more than one of those clip on phone loupes.

I've got one like this:
Yea will take a look at that shed.

Whats the difference between a scope and a loupe?

Yea will take a look at that shed.

Whats the difference between a scope and a loupe?
A loupe is hand held fixed magnification lense(s) eg x30 x 45 x60
Most scopes now are USB with variable field of view, like a zoom lens on a camera, and are much higher definition

A loupe is hand held fixed magnification lense(s) eg x30 x 45 x60
Most scopes now are USB with variable field of view, like a zoom lens on a camera, and are much higher definition
Ah good to know i think i got a 60x loupe currently. Scopes arent able to take photos such as a loupe attachment for your camera tho right?

Good evening fellow 420ers hope everyone had a good weekend. Weather was very nice with only an hour or so of rain all weekend.

Since the previous update yesterday all 3 west coasts and peanutbutter-haze were got a good spray last night at sunset of pure crop. Gave the one west coast a full soak to try and eliminate any fungus or bacteria that is affecting the plant.

i woke up this morning around 7 am and went out with the leaf blower to shake the plants off and to dry them off. Noticed for first time all week they were pretty much dry, which is nice since saved me 30 minutes of labor and was the first time all week they weren’t wet in the morning.

This afternoon gave a real good prune and defoliation of each plant. Really focused on the sick west coast and peanutbutter since the peanutbutter is so bushy inside barley any airflow for the inside branches.

Heres a couple of photos of all the leaves bagged up, will have some photos of the plants post defoliation tomorrow morning.

AFC050A1-4553-4572-9166-D6364C005A2D.jpeg

D1443B65-062D-49D4-8A84-63822364C0BF.jpeg
Proper pruning will result in bigger yields and less loss due to rot mold or bugs. Well done!

Back
Top Bottom