What do you guys think about fertilizer diversification?

Phillybonker

Fertilizer diversification meaning using a little bit of a lot of different fertilizers.

I noticed on guy on YouTube used FF Ocean Forest, Roots Organic 707 and Ancient Forest mixed together, then he added feather meal, crab meal, kelp meal, neem meal, oyster shell powder. He also used Boogie Brew and a fermented cantalope tea.

Things like Ocean Forest, Roots Organic 707 and Boogie Brew contain a lot of different ingredients just by themselves.

This guy was growing 7-10 pound plants and I know some of it had to do with the techniques he was using and the environment he was growing in but it also got me thinking that maybe the plants also got so big because of the large diversification of fertilizers he was using.

May be a large diversification of different fertilizers is the way to go, idk what do you guys think?

I personally think you’re inviting trouble, particularly if you mix organic and non-organic nutes, the results I've seen have been problematic. Now, potentially it could be a good thing, but I think the learning curve to get there might be very steep! If you have a template, follow it, as someone else has already done the “beta testing”. And as @Growings said, take u-tube with a grain of salt. Btw, floating PH has been good to me too.

I personally think you’re inviting trouble, particularly if you mix organic and non-organic nutes, the results I've seen have been problematic. Now, potentially it could be a good thing, but I think the learning curve to get there might be very steep! If you have a template, follow it, as someone else has already done the “beta testing”.
Roger that PP but it's only a problem if you overdo it

Fertilizer diversification meaning using a little bit of a lot of different fertilizers.

I noticed on guy on YouTube used FF Ocean Forest, Roots Organic 707 and Ancient Forest mixed together, then he added feather meal, crab meal, kelp meal, neem meal, oyster shell powder. He also used Boogie Brew and a fermented cantalope tea.

Things like Ocean Forest, Roots Organic 707 and Boogie Brew contain a lot of different ingredients just by themselves.

This guy was growing 7-10 pound plants and I know some of it had to do with the techniques he was using and the environment he was growing in but it also got me thinking that maybe the plants also got so big because of the large diversification of fertilizers he was using.

May be a large diversification of different fertilizers is the way to go, idk what do you guys think?
The best grows I’ve had were with diversity in soils and combining nutrient lines.
This was my first soil mix I did 5 or so years ago. Really good results.

I amended that soil for 3 or 4 different grows. Adding another bag of some other soil, fresh perlite, down to earth, EWC, all sorts of crazy things.

That’s probably when I enjoy growing the most. Built soil and compost teas.

And I actually got the base line ingredients from YouTube. There are some good ones out there. Some of CaliGreen first videos taught me organics.

I personally think you’re inviting trouble, particularly if you mix organic and non-organic nutes, the results I've seen have been problematic. Now, potentially it could be a good thing, but I think the learning curve to get there might be very steep! If you have a template, follow it, as someone else has already done the “beta testing”. And as @Growings said, take u-tube with a grain of salt. Btw, floating PH has been good to me too.
I don't mix organic and non-organic.

I ain't following no template. I want to throw small amounts of lots of different fertilizers in the ground and the plants,microbes, earthworms and whatever else lives in the soil can pick and choose what they want to eat. Where I come in is I will supply them with a large diverse buffet to choose from...at least that's the idea.

I don't mix organic and non-organic.

I ain't following no template. I want to throw small amounts of lots of different fertilizers in the ground and the plants,microbes, earthworms and whatever else lives in the soil can pick and choose what they want to eat. Where I come in is I will supply them with a large diverse buffer to choose from...at least that's the idea.
You just did when you say fertilizer (salt) and “microbes, earthworms and whatever else lives in the soil”.

Those are two separate processes brother. If you want to get diverse, organic, throw shit on the dirt and let nature do it’s thing… I recommend an organic top feed like @GeoFlora Nutrients

If you’re going to spend the time growing, because it’s takes alot of attention… DAILY… do it right. Don’t just throw the kitchen sink at it and see what happens.

The best grows I’ve had were with diversity in soils and combining nutrient lines.
This was my first soil mix I did 5 or so years ago. Really good results.

I amended that soil for 3 or 4 different grows. Adding another bag of some other soil, fresh perlite, down to earth, EWC, all sorts of crazy things.

That’s probably when I enjoy growing the most. Built soil and compost teas.

And I actually got the base line ingredients from YouTube. There are some good ones out there. Some of CaliGreen first videos taught me organics.
So it looks like my suspicions might be correct. Diversity could be the key.

I wish I could do compost teas but circumstances means that's not possible.

This is the line up I was thinking of doing....

Compost
Fish meal
Fish bone meal
Kelp meal
Crab meal
Neem meal
Volcanic rock dust
Malted barley
Coconut water powder
Langbeinite
Folvic acid

Search Cali Green Organic Afghan on YT.

Use the measurements but use different manufacturers. Down to Earth is a bad ass product. What you do is mix your soil and let it cook while you’re half to 3/4 way through Veg, then when you transplant, you go into your cooked soil and it ready to roll.

Search Cali Green Organic Afghan on YT.

Use the measurements but use different manufacturers. Down to Earth is a bad ass product. What you do is mix your soil and let it cook while you’re half to 3/4 way through Veg, then when you transplant, you go into your cooked soil and it ready to roll.

Okay looks like I got some YouTube videos to watch. Thanks and nice buds btw:)

Okay looks like I got some YouTube videos to watch. Thanks:)
They’re pleasant to watch and honestly feel like it’s good for a baseline grow technique.
The 6 Clones Trifecta link was my first run at it. It was a rough go to say the least, but ended up with massive yield.

"And therin lies the rub."
Yes adding too much will be problem. I'll be mindful to only add a little bit of each ingredient. We are talking about a handful of neem meal, handful of crab meal, teaspoon of this, teaspoon of that, etc.

If you put your arms out and swing around in a circle that's how big each grow spot will be for each plant, so it's a modest amount of nutes for the size of the grow spots.

Yes adding too much will be problem. I'll be mindful to only add a little bit of each ingredient. We are talking about a handful of neem meal, handful of crab meal, teaspoon of this, teaspoon of that, etc.

If you put your arms out and swing around in a circle that's how big each grow spot will be for each plant, so it's a modest amount of nutes for the size of the grow spots.
Just get some geoflora.
Don’t waste time/money.

Just get some geoflora.
Don’t waste time/money.

there are other equally or better solutions
we all work with what we're given. doing it well is the key.

We don't have geoflora in my country.

same here. check the fine print in my sig.

edit : also run through some of the sponsors sponsored grow journals. different nutes work for different situations.

there are other equally or better solutions
we all work with what we're given. doing it well is the key.

same here. check the fine print in my sig.

edit : also run through some of the sponsors sponsored grow journals. different nutes work for different situations.
Ive thrown out a lot of options brother…

Read the entire thread… I wasn’t aware his resources were limited from his previous comments.

To me he wanted the lazy man’s approach so I offered up geoflora.

If he wanted to actually build something out of ingredients, I gave him that option too.

Come on man… you know me.

Ive thrown out a lot of options brother…

Read the entire thread… I wasn’t aware his resources were limited from his previous comments.

To me he wanted the lazy man’s approach so I offered up geoflora.

If he wanted to actually build something out of ingredients, I gave him that option too.

Come on man… you know me.
And good options they are my man. But yeah it's a no go with the geoflora but I'll watch some Cali Green tonight when I get home.;)

And good options they are my man. But yeah it's a no go with the geoflora but I'll watch some Cali Green tonight when I get home.;)
I haven’t tried it either. Just hear it’s easy and works from folks I trust on the site.

I like complicated things.

I run a mix of Mother Earth groundswell, Fox Farm Ocean Forest, local Earthworm Castings, #4 perlite, with Mega Crop V3, Mega Crop Sweet Candy, Blue Planet seaweed kelp flakes, URB, Botanicare CalMag+, Botanicare Silica Blast, Neptunes Seaweed Kelp, and some Great White Mica.

There’s a method to the madness.

Back
Top Bottom