What nutes to add to strengthen branches and stem?

Phillybonker

I have to go to harvest tomorrow due to the branches on my plants bending under the weight of the buds and the fact that the plants took a pounding from three days of heavy rain. So I'm asking this question for my next grow - What nutes should I add to strengthen the branches and stem?

I have to go to harvest tomorrow due to the branches on my plants bending under the weight of the buds and the fact that the plants took a pounding from three days of heavy rain. So I'm asking this question for my next grow - What nutes should I add to strengthen the branches and stem?
Silica. I like the "Alchemist Stout Mono Silicic Acid" Silica. This is the Silica that most nutes are lacking in.
14-26.JPG

Silica. I like the "Alchemist Stout Mono Silicic Acid" Silica. This is the Silica that most nutes are lacking in.
14-26.JPG

Check out "Agsil16H Potassium Silicate" at BAS, it comes in a powder form. They have a recipe on their website on how to make a liquid nutrient with it, for soil drench or foliar feed.

Check out "Agsil16H Potassium Silicate" at BAS, it comes in a powder form. They have a recipe on their website on how to make a liquid nutrient with it, for soil drench or foliar feed.

^^This^^^

Unless you are growing in pure hydro or coco, since it increases the pH quite a bit, then use caution. In pure hydro or Coco, limit 1ml of liquid Silica due to pH increase potential. In Soil or buffered peat based Soil-less mixes like Pro-Mix, up to 5ml per gal. See the link in my signature for making a liquid from AgSil.

A tomato cage or wire fencing helps.

running them on my hempy grow. topped below fifth node. keep nodes 2/3/4. lower four branches come up the outside. top 2 up the middle.

edit : i could use some silica too. my base nute has some but i could use more.

^^This^^^

Unless you are growing in pure hydro or coco, since it increases the pH quite a bit, then use caution. In pure hydro or Coco, limit 1ml of liquid Silica due to pH increase potential. In Soil or buffered peat based Soil-less mixes like Pro-Mix, up to 5ml per gal. See the link in my signature for making a liquid from AgSil.

nice to see you brother.

check farsides stuff guys. he's got it going on and dialed.

Some people recommend mixing Diatomaceous Earth into the soil at the beginning of the season. That is one way to get the silica into the plant.

The use of Calcium will help to strengthen stems.

Including Nitrogen as part of a nutrient program comes up on just about every way a web search on the question is worded. It seems that no matter which nutrient is chosen as long as nitrogen is included the overall health and strength of the plant is increased.

Vermiculite contains a good bit of silica as well.

Also green sand, bamboo leaves, rice hulls, wheat/barley stems.
Yep. The Vermiculite is an idea. Even the large bags do not really weigh much, they are just bulky.

We have to keep in mind that @Phillybonker has been growing outside with a guerilla style grow so he has to carry in everything he needs without it being obvious what he is doing. I get the feeling that it might be more walking than just a 100 feet (30 meters) from where he parks the car or whatever he uses to get there.

Yep. The Vermiculite is an idea. Even the large bags do not really weigh much, they are just bulky.

We have to keep in mind that @Phillybonker has been growing outside with a guerilla style grow so he has to carry in everything he needs without it being obvious what he is doing. I get the feeling that it might be more walking than just a 100 feet (30 meters) from where he parks the car or whatever he uses to get there.

Good point. I supported a family for 20 years with Outdoor Guerilla as my only income. Gotta say if you're not comfortable carrying 50lb loads into the bush it may be time to buy a tent and a light.

Back
Top Bottom