What's In Jim's Grow Room?

Sorry to hear about the mites MJ - they like those 85F days with 40rh - that's about perfect for them sadly.

I like to spray 1/2 strength spinosad as a deterrent. You can actually water it in too. It has systemic properties but since mites eat chlorophyll spraying on the plant is more effective. Just have to do it ever other day for a few weeks. Neem I find is pretty hard on flowers. Burns the pistols on my plants.

GL with them.

With Jellium, it's weird grower. I take more cuts for better bushiness. She will turn color to dark purple so I wouldn't stress the leaf color changes too much. All your plants look really good to me.

You have a nice selection of genetics going in flower.
sorry to here that fuggars good luck jim!
Thanks guys. I got a bit lax on my IPM. Actually one really doesn't have an IPM unless it is put into action. I'm sure I've allowed on here that I'm a bit lazy at times.

My biggest challenge is the amount of actual bio-mass of those six plants in there. I knew six plants would be a bit much but hitting them with a good spray from the bottom is going to require me to rearrange things a bit when I spray next. I didn't even open the flower tent today after spraying last night. I just wasn't going to look at them.

So tomorrow when they are watered I'll remove and dispose of the bottom third of the plant. It's likely I won't even waste my time looking for the little buggers with a loupe because I know they're still there because there was no way I could have sprayed every bit of all those plants. It didn't happen.

Bob these are all about 25 days and for some could be considered about 1/2 way. I've decided to not use the neem at this time. I'll just buy one more jug of Captain Jack's Dead Bug or whatever it is and make sure I get good coverage tomorrow at lights out. Then I'll use the insecticidal soap. I'll find something else to follow that up but I'll restrict the neem to treatment over in the clone tent. Once I get the tent open tomorrow I'll know how important the clones become.

I just get frustrated having to deal with these intruders. :(

It will be fine. This to will pass. As it does every summer. Its always a matter of time and my lazyness. Don't feel bad about it.

I know its coming and for some reason I just slack and bang here they are.

I'm into a few right now myself. They have a lot of life cycles. So it just takes time until all the eggs hatch and there's no more left to hatch. A few weeks, just gotta hit em with the spinosad every other day.

They seem to like certain plants better than others. Some plants they wont even touch.

I need to remember which strains they don't touch and run them in the summer time. lol

Now its every night after lights out = dew points. RH +90%. I can do nothing about it right now cept pray and spray with Southern Ag - Garden Friendly Fungicide.

A lot of out door growers swear by it and it's worked for me so far. I had PM early on this summer. Its everywhere outside but all gone inside. Thankfully.

Those dang mites kinda remind me a little bit of why I don't like running all summer.
I love growing plants so I just muddle thru - hope for the best.

I just harvested today and did bud washing. Which I don't usually do.

It kinda made me feel good to drown those little fvcks. lol

Thanks Bo. I looked all over and did not see anything that caught my eye. Would you suggest I spray something as a preventive measure? If so what do you guys recommend ? :peace:
The first sign I see is some spots on the upper side of the leaf which to me looks a little like a small reflective area in multiple locations. I was able to see the mites with a 30 x loupe although I have read that some require at least a 60 x. The eggs are easily seen - little yellowish balls on the underside. I think these bastards go from egg to to larvae to nymph to adult. I think. The adult I saw was creepy of course with lots of legs.

I just completed my second spray of Spinosad. I had 2 bottles of Captain Jack's Deadbug spray but went to the nursery yesterday and got an 8 ounce bottle of concentrate Spinosad. I repeat the spray every third day.

I wasn't quite prepared for spraying today as I wanted to perform the task in the bathroom shower so I just did the best I could inside the tents. It will just have to wait until Wednesday.

It is suggested to rotate a bit what you spray but I've decided to spray Spinosad for at least 2 weeks. Label suggests no more than 6 applications so I'll stop then.

I also have Safers insecticidal soap and an organic treatment which contains Permethrin. This last one might not be used as active ingredient is potentially harmful to cats. Always read the label.

I've also read that different types of oils can be used, one of which is rosemary.

Actually when I looked in on the girls today the flowers are maturing well with plenty of pistil production. Pistil production means calyx production and all that THC laden oil within. I'm hopeful that these will make to a harvest with minimal damage to the plant. Something in there is getting rather fragrant and it might be a combination of plants. They've been on a 12/12 light schedule 29 days today.

Cheers all. Some good subject information on Integrated Pest Management

I like to use Green Cleaner on mites... But I've had great results with the Safer's Soap.. Spray the fuck outta them till everything drips,,, wait 15-20 minutes,, and rise lightly with plain water to cut the soap down. Do what your saying and lollypop and remove anything that ain't going to produce, that way you have fewer leaves to spray,, and fewer places for them bastards to hide. I'm trying this new stuff on mine called Big Time Exterminator. I started with 60 Mills per gallon. This has those oils your talking about....
Big Time Exterminator

GL I hate those SOB. Mites suck....

I like to use Green Cleaner on mites... But I've had great results with the Safer's Soap.. Spray the fuck outta them till everything drips,,, wait 15-20 minutes,, and rise lightly with plain water to cut the soap down. Do what your saying and lollypop and remove anything that ain't going to produce, that way you have fewer leaves to spray,, and fewer places for them bastards to hide. I'm trying this new stuff on mine called Big Time Exterminator. I started with 60 Mills per gallon. This has those oils your talking about....
Big Time Exterminator

GL I hate those SOB. Mites suck....
I've heard you speak of the Green Cleaner before. I noticed last night that I had also recently added a product called Organicide which has sesame oil as its active ingredient. This one is supposed to be safe for bees and such. Anyway....I have a bunch of products but I'm going to stick with the Spinosad regimen for the moment.

I had all the flowering girls out of the tent this morning and attempted to strip off a good bit of the bottoms crap so spraying the bottoms of leaves would be more effective. I did some examination on each plant and didn't see live adults but I know that will change as eggs grow through the cycle. This process gave me another opportunity to wrap some tomato wire around the plant and anchor it to the stakes which were put in the pots in the past two weeks. Damn stakes could have been harboring these bastards for all I know.

Anyway, I got a better feel for the process of killing these fukkers. At the next spray day I'll unload as many plants from the tent as necessary to properly spray each plant completely until dripping. I'll get them somehow.

Be careful with that stuff if in flower,,, man that stuff is loud smelling.. GL

I like to use Spinosad. Can spray your whole house with cats and dogs too. Get rid of fleas. The Vets are feeding it to dogs and cats internally as a flea/tick retardant. 1 pill a month or something.

Spinosad works but you gotta spray every 2 days with mites or 1x a week as a preventative.
Mites like hot and dry that's when the eggs hatch. They tiny enough to hitch rides on humans and animals or even fly in the window on a breeze.

We have PM outside now and mites. Been REAL humid and why we have PM, mites don't like the heavy rains either, PM either.

For PM I use:

Southern Ag - Garden friendly Fungicide. It will knock PM and bud rot to the curb before they get started. It kills the spores too. Which I especially like.

I likely wont get rid of the mites before I harvest which is this week. So bud washing is a thing now for me.

Wash wash rinse rinse rinse. Wash all the nanners off my plants ffs. lol

I like to use Spinosad. Can spray your whole house with cats and dogs too. Get rid of fleas. The Vets are feeding it to dogs and cats internally as a flea/tick retardant. 1 pill a month or something.

I like the Spinosad too. I think Woody had it confused with Neem which does have a nasty smell.

Spinosad works but you gotta spray every 2 days with mites or 1x a week as a preventative.
Mites like hot and dry that's when the eggs hatch. They tiny enough to hitch rides on humans and animals or even fly in the window on a breeze.

I'm spraying every third day and believe this will be ok. The only label reference for Spider mites suggest 3 - 5 days for things like tents or greenhouses and they highly recommend a nonionic spray adjuvant (surfactant). Of course I don't have any of that stuff but I know where I can get some. I'll use some when I spray Saturday. The label also suggests limiting treatment to 6 total sprayings.

I likely wont get rid of the mites before I harvest which is this week. So bud washing is a thing now for me.

Wash wash rinse rinse rinse. Wash all the nanners off my plants ffs. lol

So today was the third Spinosad treatment and the flowering girls got 1 1/2 quarts of product and the veg girls got the remaining. I looked at a few leaves and only saw dead adults. I got some new batteries for my microscope so I'll do a thorough inspection tomorrow. I almost forgot about their water needs today so had to rush that a bit so I could get this spraying done. Anyway, the leaves were covered bottom and top and hopefully in all the crevices where these crappers hide.

Flower day 32 here so I'll be done with the Spinosad in the next 2 weeks and hopefully I can find a day to take these girls outside and spray them down properly. Not only will that knock any survivors off but also give the flowers a good wash ahead of the harvest. Just thinking out loud here but that's the only plan I have right now. I'll know more after a little inspection tomorrow.

By the way....it looks like your Jellium might be resistant to these buggers. I get to taste test the Black Cherry Punch tomorrow morning. I'm looking forward to that. :rofl:

Are you using Monterey Garden Spray for spinosad??

I didn't know there was a limit to number of applications but I do know that spinosad gets into the plants insides and its systemic as well as on contact.

I use it weekly in VEG and early flower. So say 8-10 applications.

Are you using Monterey Garden Spray for spinosad??

I didn't know there was a limit to number of applications but I do know that spinosad gets into the plants insides and its systemic as well as on contact.

I use it weekly in VEG and early flower. So say 8-10 applications.
I previously used Captain Jack's Dead Bug spray whose active ingredient is Spinosad. $9 for a 32 fl oz bottle of ready to use (RTU) spray.

Now I mix my own from a product from Natural Guard. $13 for 8 fl oz which will make 16 quarts that I spray with a Solo sprayer. The sprayer is pressurized (hand pump) and can spray upward with an 8 inch arm which is easier than attempting to use a spray bottle upside down inside a plant. My trigger finger could get tired. :rofl:

So I looked for it on the interwebs and see that they also have a product of Spinosad and Insecticidal Soap mixed together. I have Insecticidal Soap which I was going to use after the 6 rounds of Spinosad is done and the enemy still exists.

I've looked at a couple leaves this morning and don't see anything alive. They might be hiding from me. If so I'll get them in round 4. :goof:

Just gotta keep spraying. The eggs are tiny and barely visible even @ 400x microscope. They get into crevices anywhere. Then hatch and the whole cycle starts again.

The only way to get rid of them is to break the life cycle. Problem with mites they have several life cycles and most of them are not visible or barely visible even with a scope.

Gotta kill all the adult egg layers or even the nymphs before they become adults. Get all the nymphs and you end the cycle. But they smaller than tits on a boar. lol

GL with them.

I thought I had gnats in my VEG room. Turned into Leaf Hoppers. Those fvckers fly right thru my spinosad spray unscathed ffs. They eating leaves and doing a pretty good job of it too. I'm losing the war on them.

I'm going for something a lot stronger than spinosad tomorrow.

I only use spinosad,, Capitan Jacks shit for caterpillers... One light spray 3 weeks before harvest keeps budworms away at harvest... Like said it's systematic? penetrates the leaf on the cellular level,,, seeing caterpillars eat the whole leaf only one side needs spraying,, not just pierce it for the bodily fluids like mites..
so you only have to get one side of the leaf to control worms.... But I've watched spider mites and hemp mites doing the back stoke in it and asking for cocktails the times I used it,,,, leafhoppers are ALOT more hardy. But I've never had anything but a minor problem with them myself... But then I never really tried using it for primary on a mite problem,, cept in rotation...

Man if you spray with the same over and over,, you make super mites... I like Azamax if in veg,, best shit I've found for spider mites' and green cleaner up to week two... Anything after that,,, well Safers Soap,,, or like Bit Time Exterminator, Nuke-em.

That Monterey I was mistaken,, I was thinking of that Organocide 3 in 1 shit, for some reason,,,, duh,,,,, but that shit is loud, but works great in veg for alot of shit..It's a sesame oil but it's a really heavy oil if you use it at recommended doses...... And smothers the mites... And wood smothers the buds too...

Spinosad is totally different... And behaves totally different...

Always remember,, fewer leaves,, fewer places for bugs to hide and fewer places to spray.. Treat the dirt too..

GL

Mite suck literary..

I’m a fly on the wall at the right time here. I’m dealing with spider mites at the moment. By plants are showing pistils, but no budset yet. Heck the lights are still on 16/8. Anyway, I’m using a spray I found called deem - combining diatomaceous earth with neem. It leaves everything looking pretty horrible, but seems to work.
Have to find spinosad in case I don’t git them boogers before flowers form.

Back
Top Bottom