What's In Jim's Grow Room?

If your plants are small enough @DonkeyDick I'll tell ya,, a wash with safers soap at 1/2 oz per quart, sprayed till it drips and really drips heavy,, wait 15-20 minutes and rinse with tap water, every 2 or 3 days for 4 washes, will get rid of spider mites. Also will leave the leaves soft unlike a neem product does which leaves shit crispy crittered... ... Small plants can easily be fixed.. Depends on the stage.... But always pick off the small leafage at the base stem of the plant... Less leaf less problematic places to treat... Azamax is gentler on a plant than straight neem... Never use neem at max doses till you see how a plant can handle it? Neem is kind of harsh on smaller plants......

Hard to get rid of mites when you have plants of all stages in a perpetual grow... You always have some you can't treat because they are too far in flower,, and they or your clothes or your tent/room reinfect you other plants...

But you can pressure wash your plants with that safer's soaps and by rinsing you'll wash them bugs right outta your hair.. and it'll help wash off oils from other shit and open pores/stogmas? I can't spell for shit but.. But GL

If your plants are small enough @DonkeyDick I'll tell ya,, a wash with safers soap at 1/2 oz per quart, sprayed till it drips and really drips heavy,, wait 15-20 minutes and rinse with tap water, every 2 or 3 days for 4 washes, will get rid of spider mites. Also will leave the leaves soft unlike a neem product does which leaves shit crispy crittered... ... Small plants can easily be fixed.. Depends on the stage.... But always pick off the small leafage at the base stem of the plant... Less leaf less problematic places to treat... Azamax is gentler on a plant than straight neem... Never use neem at max doses till you see how a plant can handle it? Neem is kind of harsh on smaller plants......

Hard to get rid of mites when you have plants of all stages in a perpetual grow... You always have some you can't treat because they are too far in flower,, and they or your clothes or your tent/room reinfect you other plants...

But you can pressure wash your plants with that safer's soaps and by rinsing you'll wash them bugs right outta your hair.. and it'll help wash off oils from other shit and open pores/stogmas? I can't spell for shit but.. But GL

Hey thank you! Safer soap it is, then. Just have to figure out what it is and if any garden shops local to me stock it. I’ve not seen a bottle with ‘safer soap’ on the label.
Azamax is a brand of it is it?

hell I been stuck on stupid for the last 15-20 years... NP

Live, learn, then die and forget it all anyway??????

True dat.
stoopid is as stoopid does.
Like the UN bullied back in the day by Harry Anslinger to adopt cannabis prohibition worldwide. That was stoopid.
Still is where I am.
I take succour from the idea of reincarnation because if there is a dog at all (am I spilling that right?) I want to come back as one of my own. Most people I know who aren’t stupid actually aren’t people either :)

So I'll recap parts of this grow just for kicks:

July 20 Put the girls into a 12/12 light schedule
July 25 Digital timer had flipped out but not sure it had any effect
Aug 15 Discovered mites an sprayed Spinosad from Captain Jacks Deadbug RTU
Aug 18 Second spray of the same
Aug 21 3rd spray of mix from Spinosad concentrate
Aug 24 4th spray of mix from Spinosad concentrate and a non-ionic surfactant

So after I finished spraying last night I took a shower, started washing all laundry, changed bed linens and added them to the washing to be done and vacuumed all the carpets in the grow room and throughout the house.

So what do I know? I haven't seen a living mite since the first discovery. I do note that flower production is likely behind schedule due to the damage suffered by the plant. But I'd have to say that the only strain that I've previously grown here is the It's It Punch and it's not a great yielder. I further note that nothing I've grown since gravitating to somewhat strict organic methods and in only 2 gallons of soil.

What else do I know? I'm thinking I might have these fuckers under control. Just beating them up a little bit every 3 days is somewhat of a victory. I really do hope I can get these outside and wash them down with shower spray from the outdoor spigot. I'll follow up with at least 2 more Spinosad sprays then I'll move over to insecticidal soap in hopes that the life cycle can be stopped at some point. I also want to make sure the residue of leaves can at some point be washed off with a good flow of water.

One more thing. I didn't get any pics but the 9 clones over in the veg tent are really looking better. Of course it's easier to completely spray the smaller plants but they actually looked pretty weak to me for a while there. I hate these little critters.

Anyway....I know you want to see pictures so I made a good effort this morning to snap some shots without taking the plants out. Purple Punch and Black Cherry Punch are starting to build a bit. GG #4 is really getting my attention and I'm pretty sure her aroma is the loudest in there but that can easily change. Jellium hasn't missed a beat as I haven't seen any ill effects of mites on her.

IIP reveg left rear

IIP clone center rear

Jellium is in the right rear

That's all I have folks. Have a great day and stay medicated. :bongrip:

GL I know this,, ain't a caterpillar one in your garden..

I will say that Captins shit is mild on a plant compared to the heavy oils..

GL with them Jim...

Great looking plants Jim! Those nugs look amazing. Awesome pics! The frost is real in there.
:high-five: :passitleft:

Spray again spinosad just do the normal dose. I use 3-4 tbs per gal water.

You're plants are looking PERFECT.

I’m a fly on the wall at the right time here. I’m dealing with spider mites at the moment. By plants are showing pistils, but no budset yet. Heck the lights are still on 16/8. Anyway, I’m using a spray I found called deem - combining diatomaceous earth with neem. It leaves everything looking pretty horrible, but seems to work.
Have to find spinosad in case I don’t git them boogers before flowers form.

Like Woody said - takes a 2 prong (or more) attack or they get resistance and then its no holds barred get the real chems out for a meltdown. lol

Jellium is the "good stuff".

Spray again spinosad just do the normal dose. I use 3-4 tbs per gal water.

You're plants are looking PERFECT.
Like Woody said - takes a 2 prong (or more) attack or they get resistance and then its no holds barred get the real chems out for a meltdown. lol

Jellium is the "good stuff".

Well....I already switched. I gave them 4 sprays of Spinosad three days apart and 3 days ago I gave them Insecticidal Soap to mix it up a bit. Today just before lights off I'll spray for the last time (hopefully) with the Insecticidal Soap.

Over the past couple of days I've pulled a bunch of leaves off and I've looked closely at quite a few with my loupe and the microscope. I've not seen a single thing moving but I guess one never knows if all the eggs are dead. It would be nice if I could get them to the back yard for nice wash by the garden hose but my neighbors have not cooperated.

In a few days I'll harvest the It's It Punches. That will give me a bit of room in there and I'll be more likely to inspect better.

What's that old saying? There are two types of cannabis growers. Those who have dealt with the Borg and those who will in the future.

OK....so the photos below are mixed up I think. The mag wouldn't let me edit photos for some reason but I'm pretty sure the one marked Purple Punch might be GG#4 or not. Black Cherry Punch might be mixed up too.

There are two types of cannabis growers. Those who have dealt with the Borg and those who will in the future.

This ^^^

I got some leaf miners. They are the worst. only on my Clone table I was using rain water. Now quarantined.

I got out the heavy duty stuff for my clone table. Nothing moving, not even the plants. lol

Next is gonna be a torch.

Leaf miners have a waterproof jacket. It's not fireproof, so I have that going for me.

This ^^^

I got some leaf miners. They are the worst. only on my Clone table I was using rain water. Now quarantined.

I got out the heavy duty stuff for my clone table. Nothing moving, not even the plants. lol

Next is gonna be a torch.

Leaf miners have a waterproof jacket. It's not fireproof, so I have that going for me.
Nothing moving huh? GL with the leaf miners.

I can't really tell if my fortunes are getting better or worse. So just for reference, today is Monday, September 2 which is also Labor Day in the USA. Labor Day is national holiday and if any contractors are working they would charge extra for having to work on a holiday.

Why do I mention this? Because my central air conditioner died this morning. So tomorrow I'll call the man I've dealt with for years. It's going to take some effort but I have to keep the grow stealthy as the grow room is adjacent to the area where the A coil and air handler is located. Just more crap to do.

On the Borg fight things seem to be improving as I sprayed again last night. This was the 6th spraying and I hope I'm done. I made rough inspection this morning and didn't see anything moving either.

It's just really likely that all my blooming girls will have to be moved from their front location to the rear of the house. At the very least I'll have to completely shut down all lights and fans if I have a maintenance person in the house. Temps were running up to 94 F at the last time I checked. Hell they may burn up LOL.

While I'm thinking about this, I'll go ahead a start cleaning up all my extraneous junk laying around back there.

it seems like its always something just once I would like to run a grow and have nothing go wrong good luck jim! :)

Thanks Stickman....Wouldn't it be sweet to have one like that. I love a challenge but this is wild.

Hope you destroy the borg, they’ve been the worst for me so far.

Penny....I'm trying. Next time maybe an 8 oz bottle of AVID would be a better choice. :rofl:

I promised the re-veg It's It Punch harvest to Sue and she wants me to take it at 45 days. That's sometime this week so that can be delayed a bit. Consider that the digital timer might have been out of control until July 25th, my harvest window at 45 days actually extends to next Sep 8. It's just really excellent weed regardless of when it's harvested.

I may actually harvest everything beginning Sep 8 and clean up. Since flowering plants are difficult to really feel sure that they're dead and gone, it might just make sense to end the grow and start over later. Most of lower plant material has been removed with a bunch more of selective leaf removal done internally. I really don't want to add more spray to the flowers.

I have clones of everything and I'm confident that I can either rid the clones of these fuckers or learn how to forget about this whole infestation.

On the other hand I've got more weed around this place that it's not likely I'd suffer any want if I just quit growing for a while.

Thank the Lord this happened when there is a break in the heat. It's not "cool" out but at least it's not in the 90s. Hang in there, things have to get better.

I thought that yesterday but it's bright and sunny here. 94 F inside and outside. :rofl:

I grew up without air conditioning and it will cool off to reasonable levels tonight. I guess if there's a silver lining here Hurricane Dorian is moving so slow it probably will be late in the week before it would affect North Carolina. The down side is that I'm going to have to reach into that sack of cash and grab some large bills to pay for a new unit. This house was built in 1987. I'm sure the air conditioning system is original equipment. I'd be lucky to get a 1 year warranty on something built this year. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom