What's In Jim's Grow Room?

So there are three new strains in the tent that I'm really looking forward to testing at harvest. @beez0404 questioned me last week about the Jellium. He said his was only 3 stalks and mine had branched. Actually the picture included another plant that made the Jellium look fuller.

I'm afraid I still don't yet have a good, clean picture of the Jellium but she is just a few stalks.

Here are the rest of the girls. I'm really impressed with the Black Cherry Punch, the Purple Punch and the GG #4.

The GG #4 is the tallest at 49 inches (from floor) and both It's It Punch plants are performing as expected. I'm not aware of any of these plants having any special requirements.

I've not giving these many nutrient mixes but may push them some this week. The six of them shared 3 gallons of straight water this morning. Previous watering was just SUPERthrive at 1/4 tsp/gal. Prior to that was a Microbrew tea right after I top dressed the soil with some Azomite.

Have a great day folks. :bongrip:

Mass shooting violence. I went to sleep Saturday with 20 dead in El Paso, TX and woke up with 9 more dead in Dayton, OH. I wonder when it will come to a Walmart near me? When will we start to teach the children to respect life?

Off my soap box now but this world has gone whack.

I've got the flower tent on a 2 day watering/feeding schedule which seems to be working well. The plants seemed to me to be a bit slow in beginning to set flowers so I tossed some banana peels in the tent for 3 days in hopes that any ethylene produced might help to form some pistils where they belong. I know ethylene will help fruit ripen but not certain of its affect on flower development. Anyway....pistils are set on these girls and I got the LED to the top of the tent and hope that I won't have to begin super cropping but that will be the next step in the process. Well, actually the next step will be a bit of thinning and trimming. Today I fed Budswell at 1 TSP/gallon of water.

I just took pictures of the blossoms and didn't even try to link the photo to the plant although I can tell you I took a picture of at least one flower for each of the six plants. Enjoy as these start the flowering process.

I have a bit more work to be done on the overflow tent housing all the clones and can report that I composted 3 plants last week. Maybe at some point I get it down to about 6 clones. :bongrip:

Mass shooting violence. I went to sleep Saturday with 20 dead in El Paso, TX and woke up with 9 more dead in Dayton, OH. I wonder when it will come to a Walmart near me? When will we start to teach the children to respect life?

Off my soap box now but this world has gone whack.

I've got the flower tent on a 2 day watering/feeding schedule which seems to be working well. The plants seemed to me to be a bit slow in beginning to set flowers so I tossed some banana peels in the tent for 3 days in hopes that any ethylene produced might help to form some pistils where they belong. I know ethylene will help fruit ripen but not certain of its affect on flower development. Anyway....pistils are set on these girls and I got the LED to the top of the tent and hope that I won't have to begin super cropping but that will be the next step in the process. Well, actually the next step will be a bit of thinning and trimming. Today I fed Budswell at 1 TSP/gallon of water.

I just took pictures of the blossoms and didn't even try to link the photo to the plant although I can tell you I took a picture of at least one flower for each of the six plants. Enjoy as these start the flowering process.

I have a bit more work to be done on the overflow tent housing all the clones and can report that I composted 3 plants last week. Maybe at some point I get it down to about 6 clones. :bongrip:
very pretty jim!

Hey Jim, good to see flowers pushing in there! :slide:

I love the GG4 when done right.

Lots of plants in there. I'm not sure any of them will have 420% of my attention here. Lazy stoner and all ya know.

GG #4 went south this week and I'm not sure I can do much about it. Branches with flowers in the light are ok but the whole lower portion of the plant is turning yellow and it may suffer some leaf drop. I looks a bit like a pH issue but that could only be the case if the cheap ass pen has gone whack. I'm pretty sure I have some solution to adjust the pen if necessary.

Anyway, only the GG #4 is misbehaving and they all got a nice feeding of Nectar for the gods yesterday at 751 ppm if I recall correctly. It could have reacted to the Azomite or the Budswel which is mostly sea bird and bat guano.

Hey Jim, good to see flowers pushing in there! :slide:

Thanks lion....

Here's a tent full of the non-flowering girls that I finally got around to trimming.

Front row L to R Purple Punch, Pakistan Valley and GG #4 Center row L to R 2 @ Black Cherry Punch and Sour Angel Rear L to R Chem 91 x Aliendog Cherry and 2 @ Jellium

That's all I have for now. The flowering girls get water again tomorrow and I'll get some more pictures then. :bongrip:

I think I need some distilled water for the calibration so I'll look into that today. I haven't ruled out a nutrient deficiency yet my thoughts lean more to the lack of light penetration. In any event, I take this plant out each time I water so I can move the remaining 5 around inside the tent without all that lifting.

So today's watering took 3 gallons of straight water and I got cell phone shots before the deed was done. Lots of bio-mass in this tent and stretch has stopped about 4 inches from the lamp. Top temperature in the tent this week was 85 F as we had a mild week outside but we could use a bit of rain. Tobacco farmers around here began harvesting the sand lugs (the lower leaves) last week.

One day this week I'll re-hang the lamp to get it up to the top. I have about 8 inches to work with I just have to re-do the top hooking points.

So I wish my hand had been more steady but you'll get some idea what the flower development has been to this point. These next few weeks I'll have them lifting a few weights to see if they will muscle up a bit. Just kidding. I actually need to secure some branches to the little stakes I put in the pots for support.

More to come. Stay medicated folks. :bongrip:

Oh heck, I think you're GG#4 is just fine. She's just feeding off of and losing some of her lower old fan leaves. I don't see the upper portion of the plant showing that problem? Or is it there and I'm not seeing it? I think her color looks great.

Oh heck, I think you're GG#4 is just fine. She's just feeding off of and losing some of her lower old fan leaves. I don't see the upper portion of the plant showing that problem? Or is it there and I'm not seeing it? I think her color looks great.
Just the bottom portion of the plant that caught my attention 3 or 4 days ago and I decided to mention it here. Where the plant was receiving light is all good as far as I can tell.

This is just my opinion mind you. In my experience if a plant has an abundance of foliage it will feed off of the old, lower fan leaves. When they turn fully yellow you should be able to knock them off the plant with a fingertip. Let the plant suck them dry before removing them. If you see this happening higher up the plant then say 1/3 of the way then give it another thought.

Hey Jim, i'm with Beez on this one. I think she's just a lil' hungry and she's showing you that :morenutes:

Fooking BORG found this morning. Bastiges are in both tents. So I watered those that were scheduled today and zipped the flap and took a shower. As soon as I have breakfast I'll go to the nursery for some more Spinosad and we will begin the fight. 3 days later we'll go with insecticidal soap and 3 days after that neem with some rosemary and tea tree oil.

Sorry to hear about the mites MJ - they like those 85F days with 40rh - that's about perfect for them sadly.

I like to spray 1/2 strength spinosad as a deterrent. You can actually water it in too. It has systemic properties but since mites eat chlorophyll spraying on the plant is more effective. Just have to do it ever other day for a few weeks. Neem I find is pretty hard on flowers. Burns the pistols on my plants.

GL with them.

With Jellium, it's weird grower. I take more cuts for better bushiness. She will turn color to dark purple so I wouldn't stress the leaf color changes too much. All your plants look really good to me.

You have a nice selection of genetics going in flower.

Fooking BORG found this morning. Bastiges are in both tents. So I watered those that were scheduled today and zipped the flap and took a shower. As soon as I have breakfast I'll go to the nursery for some more Spinosad and we will begin the fight. 3 days later we'll go with insecticidal soap and 3 days after that neem with some rosemary and tea tree oil.
sorry to here that fuggars good luck jim!

Back
Top Bottom