What's In Jim's Grow Room?

We were under a tornado warning for over an hour straight. Trees down everywhere but fortunately we did not lose power.

I’m glad you’re all safe. :hug::hug::hug:

High all. My power was out for a day and a half and the plants look good regardless of having to grow in the dark. The clone moms were dry this morning but no damage done as I just gave them some straight water.

Hey there Jim,

Smoked a couple bowls of the pomelo when I got home tonight. It’s still a bit green and will be much better in a month, but it’s crazy potent. It’s got this heavy kind of stone, but not sleepy, still active.

hows your girl lookin? She’s looked much better than mine did through her early days.
After hearing this I've become more interested in this Pomelo auto girl. Here soil is extremely wet so I know she's still developing those roots.

She's acting like every auto I've ever grown in her forever pot....just slow to get its roots. At least I think this one will not dwarf. I'm even giving some consideration to topping her once the next node is developed. I may brew a barley malt tea for her. Barley malt is used for emzymatic action and I believe it can shorten flower development in photoperiod plants. I'm just wanting to boost this one a bit.

Keep in mind that autos almost always like a softer touch than photos. My best autos ran on half-strength nutrients. It is possible to overfeed autos. Most of my autos started off abysmally slow too, trying my patience every time. :laughtwo:

After hearing this I've become more interested in this Pomelo auto girl. Here soil is extremely wet so I know she's still developing those roots.
The results are all in finally. Of all the crosses I made with the auto-flower plants last winter there are two that stand out as the best.
The first was sort of an afterthought. I had a tiny bit of QPA pollen left and brushed it on a DDA bud which yielded me 14 seeds. I've personally grown one out and my best buddy has grown one out and we both agreed it was top shelf stuff.

The second is the Quarter Pounder auto crossed with Fast Buds Gorilla Glue auto. I grew one which I harvested right before Christmas and gave the buds to my buddy for a Christmas gift. He LOVED them. I know of at least 3 more that were grown and harvested with similar results.

I believe I gave @MrGreene two of the Quarter Pounder auto X Tangerine Dream auto plants when he visited. Is that the cross you two are calling Pomelo? I never got a smoke report from Mr. Greene so maybe it wasn't very good.

I believe I gave @MrGreene two of the Quarter Pounder auto X Tangerine Dream auto plants when he visited. Is that the cross you two are calling Pomelo? I never got a smoke report from Mr. Greene so maybe it wasn't very good.
Yep. @ChefDGreen and I decided to rename Quarter Pounder auto X Tangerine Dream auto to Pomelo. I've never eaten a Pomelo before. Actually, never heard of it before Chef exposed me to it. I saw some YouTube video showing how to peel one. Anyway....since I try to go along with new ideas if it saves me from having to type quite a long name I started using it.

I once grew a seed bred by Cannafan. She crossed a Fast n Vast auto with a Master Kush. I got a male from the one seed I popped and dusted a Panama green pheno that I was growing. I grew those seeds a couple years ago and just renamed it to Fx. Some of these breeders (the real ones) give a lot of thought to the names.

I hope after I grow out Pomelo and get to smell it up close she lives up to the citrus name we've given her.

So I've been getting high by eating dust. Plants are still growing. I got my hair cut yesterday and danced with a friend. Life is good.

Little Pomelo is grinding away. I'm certain the slow growth is because she still hasn't filled the pot with an abundance of roots. I know all the logic behind putting a seedling in a pot used for finishing because I've had enough auto-flowering plants to dwarf. It's just hard to watch her grow so slowly. I'll brew up a kelp tea for the rest of the girls so she can also take a swig.

Stay high folks. :bongrip:

Are you concentrating your water to the rim of the pot? In my experience that helps tremendously
Yes...she's had to do some searching. The pot was over watered first time and saturated throughout. Second watering was near the edges. I use a meter to measure the soil moisture.

I started growing autos in 10 gallon pots.
I think I read somewhere that a pot larger then 6 gallons is overkill for autos. Actually I know I read it somewhere but can't exactly remember the cut-off size. Pretty positive it was 5 or 6 gallons. But that was probably written by someone who's never grown an auto before! :laugh:

Are you concentrating your water to the rim of the pot?
What I do with all my young plants is start watering with a ring fairly close (2" or so) around the young seedling. I don't water heavy. Next time I water I move the ring out another inch to 3" around the plant. Each time I feed a little more water. So I'm trying to draw the roots outward to the sides and then both outward and downward.

Yep, worked well.

Some of my moms were droopy this morning so I just reacted and gave everything some straight water.

On another front, @SweetSue had earlier suggested that I might make some dust. It's just decarbed bud material that is ground to a fine powder or dust. I used 6.6 grams of Crazy Miss Hyde (Dec. 2016) and 24.6 grams Blue Dream (Mar. 2018) which was just taking up space in a box in my storage building.

To me it's the consistency of flour. This particular run was manually ground and then ground again in a coffee bean grinder. It is then loaded into a 0 size capsule. I'm currently titrating this stuff and finding that 0.2 grams to be a bit much and 0.1 grams a modest load. My scale is a bit funky here as it just isn't sensitive enough at these levels. So I'm just sort of winging here too....but I'm enjoying the high and the concept. Medibles that aren't gummy bears.

This first picture looks to have mold on it but it's just light reflection from the window.

Stay medicated. ::yummy:

Some of my moms were droopy this morning so I just reacted and gave everything some straight water.

On another front, @SweetSue had earlier suggested that I might make some dust. It's just decarbed bud material that is ground to a fine powder or dust. I used 6.6 grams of Crazy Miss Hyde (Dec. 2016) and 24.6 grams Blue Dream (Mar. 2018) which was just taking up space in a box in my storage building.

To me it's the consistency of flour. This particular run was manually ground and then ground again in a coffee bean grinder. It is then loaded into a 0 size capsule. I'm currently titrating this stuff and finding that 0.2 grams to be a bit much and 0.1 grams a modest load. My scale is a bit funky here as it just isn't sensitive enough at these levels. So I'm just sort of winging here too....but I'm enjoying the high and the concept. Medibles that aren't gummy bears.

This first picture looks to have mold on it but it's just light reflection from the window.

Stay medicated. ::yummy:
How are you getting it in the casuals ? I bet that is hard

Back
Top Bottom