What's wrong with leaves

Newgrower2022

We gave them banana tea compost and then this started to show they are in a week 4 of flowering and came back the next morning looking like the pictures below and it's 4 plants they all get the same stuff and one wasn't affected
received_704019337547571.jpeg
received_1139961599885315.jpeg
received_5418018518306571.jpeg
received_1366058760545912.jpeg

I feed with fox farm trio and promix organic soil and the feedings are normally every other watering and I normally water every other day and yes I fed it as a feeding by its self

First, and I should of said it earlier, your plants look really good! Feeding with just the teas might be it, teas tend to be weak, are you adjusting your PH (after nutes) to about 6.2? At this point I’d go back to your regular feeding schedule, and monitor it. I also use the FF trio with good results.

Plants are looking good and it should be easy to bring them back around. People will have questions but that just helps us get a handle on what you have going and it helps us relate.

I feed with fox farm trio and promix organic soil and the feedings are normally every other watering and I normally water every other day and yes I fed it as a feeding by its self
The Fox Farms trio is popular and it works. As mentioned it does look like a bit of Nitrogen deficiency and the Fox Farms trio does supply some. Are you mixing it at a full dose each time as shown on the label or the Fox Farms schedule which is available on-line or a printed copy? Some growers mix at half dose, or 1/3 dose or feed once a month so knowing this becomes info that will be helpful.

ProMix makes a lot of products, all seem to be good, but there are so many it becomes confusing. Which one did you choose? Sometimes one of the group who uses the same product is able to come up with a recommendation that keys in on the problem and the grow is recovering in no time at all.

Looks like overwatering to me, which then can cause lockout and swings in pH....

Also, not sure if its the camera or not, but the blueish tint to the leaves usually is an indicator of a little too much N.

Maybe at first glance, one might suspect Nitrogen deficiency but this would in general effect all major fan leaf's & not the mid to lower level fan leaf's which is more likely a reasonable common event on some strains of cannabis whilst in early to mid flowering this may progress further even more in the later stages of flowering as well !

Ye it happens, try not to over think it & it is not always PH related !

Also, not sure if its the camera or not, but the blueish tint to the leaves usually is an indicator of a little too much N.
Not necessarily the camera but possibly the light. It looks like a touch of blue on the floor of the tent as if the lights themselves are throwing off some blue.

... one might suspect Nitrogen deficiency but this would in general effect all major fan leaf's & not the mid to lower level fan leaf's ...
Then there is this point which is also making me think the blue is from the lights.

1656223815581.png

Hi @Newgrower2022! I see the plants are flowering and looks like decent pot size; however, now they are looking stressed out, as if they have maxed out their pots and are sucking up water quickly. Aside from the leaves that are yellowing and dying, the bud sites look very good. I'm sensing the general stress is due to water and nutrient issues. Are they getting enough water? How much runoff are you doing? Are you doing a wet/dry cycle? What is your temperature in the tent? How close are they to harvest?

Plants are looking good and it should be easy to bring them back around. People will have questions but that just helps us get a handle on what you have going and it helps us relate.

The Fox Farms trio is popular and it works. As mentioned it does look like a bit of Nitrogen deficiency and the Fox Farms trio does supply some. Are you mixing it at a full dose each time as shown on the label or the Fox Farms schedule which is available on-line or a printed copy? Some growers mix at half dose, or 1/3 dose or feed once a month so knowing this becomes info that will be helpful.

ProMix makes a lot of products, all seem to be good, but there are so many it becomes confusing. Which one did you choose? Sometimes one of the group who uses the same product is able to come up with a recommendation that keys in on the problem and the grow is recovering in no time at all.
One these girls we used promix organic and now have switched to HP and we mix at full strength that's what they have been on from the start. We gave them a good round of nuts. Since picture 3 of the 4 of them are pulling out of it great the other one is struggling now we are fighting spider mites on her any idea how to help save them

Not necessarily the camera but possibly the light. It looks like a touch of blue on the floor of the tent as if the lights themselves are throwing off some blue.

Then there is this point which is also making me think the blue is from the lights
Its the camera mixed with high powered lights. And
1656223815581.png

Hi @Newgrower2022! I see the plants are flowering and looks like decent pot size; however, now they are looking stressed out, as if they have maxed out their pots and are sucking up water quickly. Aside from the leaves that are yellowing and dying, the bud sites look very good. I'm sensing the general stress is due to water and nutrient issues. Are they getting enough water? How much runoff are you doing? Are you doing a wet/dry cycle? What is your temperature in the tent? How close are they to harvest?
We water every other day. Or nuts and they were fine then it was over night it went like this we put them to bed and they were green and pretty and them we went in there in the morning to find this. We don't have a tent but a room and at that time was saying in the 90s but that was normal for them

We water every other day. Or nuts and they were fine then it was over night it went like this we put them to bed and they were green and pretty and them we went in there in the morning to find this. We don't have a tent but a room and at that time was saying in the 90s but that was normal for them
I really hate to say this, but it could be root disease. As I'm typing this, I am researching because I had a similar thing just happen to one of my plants in the veg greenhouse... sudden droop and yellowing leaves. Yesterday basically fine, today... poof, droop looking like a water problem and yellowing leaves. I'm quite sure the plant didn't need more water, because I just watered it yesterday. I gave it more water today, thinking maybe I didn't give it enough yesterday. But it didn't respond to the water. The plant was doing really well yesterday and looking great. Today, totally drooping and more yellow leaves. I'm going to leave it alone and see what's up tomorrow. I did notice some white mycelium-looking stuff around the base of the stem next to the soil. Other then that, the stem looks fine. I'll post more in my "greenhouse grow in the tropics" thread, link in my signature.

I re-read the post(s), never got an answer on the PH (unless I missed it). How are you adding nutes? You should be adding cal-mag, mixing, waiting 15-20 minutes, adding your other nutes, mixing, waiting another 15 minutes and then PH the mix to 6.2. You should feed every other watering, letting it get quite dry in between. I do not think you have root disease. If getting the PH under control doesn't work, then I'd suggest a 3x pot volume flush. This will re-set the soil and stop any toxicity or lock out issues. Then go back to feeding, as per FF instructions, for the growth stage you're in.

Hey Plankton, what is your clue that this is not root disease? Just curious.

The rapid onset concerns me...

...they were fine then it was over night it went like this we put them to bed and they were green and pretty and them we went in there in the morning to find this. We don't have a tent but a room and at that time was saying in the 90s but that was normal for them

Hey Plankton, what is your clue that this is not root disease? Just curious.

The rapid onset concerns me...
I’ve had plants go yellow overnight, it can caused by a number of things, wrong ph, lockout, lack of nutrients, usually cal-mag. My clues are the leaves are going bad from the bottom up, they are also starting to get green mottling and the beginning of brown spots on the leaves. Usually root issues show up much earlier, and are often a product of overwatering. Still, I’d like to know the ph of the water after nutes. FF nutes are chelated and they recommend a flush at the start of flowering to leach out the salts from the synthetic nutes. The OP hasn’t said if he uses cal-mag. Root rot is more prevalent in hydro grows. Why would you think it’s root rot?

Why would you think it’s root rot?
I'm concerned it might be root rot. I could be totally wrong, but...

1656372424674.png

I'm seeing some wilting... this looks systemic. Hopefully it is just over-watering. It just doesn't look/feel like a simple nutrient problem, e.g. pH problem or whatever. I hope I am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom