Who Let The Dogs Out? Chem Comparison Grow!

Within the following month's end, after harvest, I will probably still be quarantined and able to do a fast rework on parts of the closet setup. Before the next grow of several fast auto's.

But this elderly chem 4 is going to be a handful in the following days. I assume that harvest is supposed to wait until ALL the hairs on the cola's are completely gone from sight.?, These buds are pretty much there, right now! Very firm, solid and heavy all over.

This plant is gonna be taken down "one branch at a time".. so I can keep up with my old man's pace.

My last plant was chopped down but it ultimately took 2 full days to trim and it wore me out.

While tending to the older chem4 (it's a huge tangled mess) 2 branches are broken and barely connected so I cut and trimmed just the smallest ONE and it weighed in at a wet 43 grams; and that's probably under 10% of it's potential.

So I'M hoping to looking forward to this one over one pound at harvest!!! Even in the 70's, or 80's I never owned more than an ounce at one time!

There's this chem4, then one more chem4. Im taking down all the ripe cola's and ripe buds. Am at about 60% done with the older chem4 and it showing 9 oz wet. I can't recall exactly what the dry weight % computes to.

Then, there's the autoflower (bottom pic) that's showing enormous cola's ready right now for harvest as well and the literature says it is 25% THC.

IMG_20200329_174856.jpg

IMG_20200329_142958.jpg

I learned a lot from this grow. From here on out, photoperiod get 2 to a grow and learn to keep them wide and short

Half way down the branches don't get enough light and now there's a bunch of immature half flowers in the thick of the undergrowth. She may be ready by the time her sister gets mature.

At this point it's 9oz wet, so, That'l be cured before the other Dog harvest.

I know I'm terrible at close trimming

IMG_20200401_165503.jpg

I've been smoking the 2oz Quebec Gold for so long that this C4 is a dynamite and welcome change. I like it a lot. Hope it grows on me and soon enough, I'll be able to pick and choose what I want to smoke now 2 different strains this minute; and in another week or few, I'll have another strain to make 3. In another few months will be adding several more auto's on the skid row bucket list.

Thank penny for his Chemdog recommendation.. this smoke is very mellow (head and body buz). Comes on fast enough, nice, smooth distraction from my pain! Still needs a few days cure. Between both plants, I'm gonna have enough of this stash to leave it to my grandkids in my will! I might need a little side income if things go from bad to worse.

My saving grace is- I'm a very light smoker dedicated to my "little hitter" pipe (3 hits max). I use under one small roll per day! 3 or 4 pipe full.
IMG_20200406_195155.jpg

I went ahead and plucked 3 or 4 grams and ran it through the grinder. I like the little KRUPS electric grinder that someone here recommended. The trick is to find a way to save the kief powder. It sticks to the inside.

The C4 is definitely 1 hit (hope I don't develop a tolerance to it too soon. Which is why I am egar for a stash variety (for thr first time since the late 70's.

Any day soon, the kosher kush will be my stash #3.

Back
Top Bottom