Who Let The Dogs Out? Chem Comparison Grow!

I thought dogpound was from SkunkVa and Lucky Dog Seeds.
Hey Penny,
I know Lucky Dog has Dog Patch and Road Dog. I’m not aware of a Dog Pound strain from LD. I recently popped 3 Dog Patch seeds and lost On the odds.....ended up with 3 males. But man, they were beautiful plants. The stem rub was a beautiful aroma. Funky with light pine behind it all. The best male wasn’t wasted though. His pollen was selectively placed on a smoking hot NL5xSk1 lady flower. That cross should be very interesting.....

I’m an old schooler. Been out of the game for a while. My last set of genes were from Nevil’s catalog. So I’ve missed all the main strains of the last 25 years, including Chem Dog. So for me, it’s like stepping out of a time machine and I have all these strains to explore. The Chem story really caught my attention, so I started with that. Bought Top Dawg Seeds- Star Cookie and a few different Lucky Dog varieties, including Dog Patch and Chem Fuego. I also dove into Duke Diamond’s Dominion seeds, but I’ll save those for a different post.

Started 3 Star Cookies and 3 Dog Patch. You win some odds and you lose some odds..... 5 males, DOH! I only ended up with a single female, a sweet Star Cookie. It’s JJ’s cross of GSC with Stardawg. Grown organic in 3 gallon pot. She Smelled like ginger snap cookies during veg cycle. Here she is, one week into 12/12. Vigorous, beautiful plant with purple edged leaves.

Attachments

• D4189C9E-22EC-4F18-9548-1906EAE41A26.png
    D4189C9E-22EC-4F18-9548-1906EAE41A26.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
I’m an old schooler. Been out of the game for a while. My last set of genes were from Nevil’s catalog. So I’ve missed all the main strains of the last 25 years, including Chem Dog. So for me, it’s like stepping out of a time machine and I have all these strains to explore. The Chem story really caught my attention, so I started with that. Bought Top Dawg Seeds- Star Cookie and a few different Lucky Dog varieties, including Dog Patch and Chem Fuego. I also dove into Duke Diamond’s Dominion seeds, but I’ll save those for a different post.

Started 3 Star Cookies and 3 Dog Patch. You win some odds and you lose some odds..... 5 males, DOH! I only ended up with a single female, a sweet Star Cookie. It’s JJ’s cross of GSC with Stardawg. Grown organic in 3 gallon pot. She Smelled like ginger snap cookies during veg cycle. Here she is, one week into 12/12. Vigorous, beautiful plant with purple edged leaves.
But wait, there’s more...... here’s the same plant at week four. Getting frosty for sure. She doesn’t smell like ginger snaps anymore. She has a very distinct smell. Maybe some of you will relate to this description.....Have you ever gone up into an old attic and found an old chest that hasn’t been opened since 1962 when your grandmother put the “JFK ASSASSINATED” newspaper in there? That’s what this Star Cookie smells like. But in a good way. Not moths balls, no, perish that thought. Just old, attic chest. Or if you ever bought an old dresser from an antique store. An old dresser that’s been in storage since 1955 when it was moved out of little Billy’s bedroom. That smell..... (in a good way)....But when you lightly touch a bud and then smell your fingers, you get the strong after scent of pine. Man, it’s a great, unique, crazy smell that has me doing monkey spins. If looks could kill, then this plant is going to club me like a baby seal and make me run for the covers. I’ll keep you guys informed. I’m looking forward to the swelling stage.

Attachments

• 63DFBA0F-BA91-434F-83A9-104A9B4169E8.jpeg
    63DFBA0F-BA91-434F-83A9-104A9B4169E8.jpeg
    426.5 KB · Views: 37
But wait, there’s more...... here’s the same plant at week four. Getting frosty for sure. She doesn’t smell like ginger snaps anymore. She has a very distinct smell. Maybe some of you will relate to this description.....Have you ever gone up into an old attic and found an old chest that hasn’t been opened since 1962 when your grandmother put the “JFK ASSASSINATED” newspaper in there? That’s what this Star Cookie smells like. But in a good way. Not moths balls, no, perish that thought. Just old, attic chest. Or if you ever bought an old dresser from an antique store. An old dresser that’s been in storage since 1955 when it was moved out of little Billy’s bedroom. That smell..... (in a good way)....But when you lightly touch a bud and then smell your fingers, you get the strong after scent of pine. Man, it’s a great, unique, crazy smell that has me doing monkey spins. If looks could kill, then this plant is going to club me like a baby seal and make me run for the covers. I’ll keep you guys informed. I’m looking forward to the swelling stage.
That smell is very similiar to how I would describe my Star Pupil. Like an old leather couch or something; a chest full of old clothes.

Now while this one is 8 weeks younger, it flowered together with the older one.

This one is still 3 or so weeks until harvest however, there's notably more, much bigger tops and a bunch of lower chunks too. I'll keep the weight for the and try to photo the biggest Nuggets of each seperate and see the difference after all is taken down.

IMG_20200329_140011.jpg
IMG_20200329_140043.jpg

IMG_20200329_140053.jpg
IMG_20200329_140011.jpg
IMG_20200329_140022.jpg
IMG_20200329_140033.jpg

In fact my plants are ending up in a litteral dogfight (in terms of total scale weights).

Keeping in mind, because of an error during the transplant, the elder chem4 plant was slowed by about 2 weeks, and is developmentally retarded. So only about 2 weeks of first vegetative stage was hindered. I was delighted when all plants started flower at the exact same time.

When that happened,, I was forced to harvest my Quebec Gold several weeks early to make room for much better long term results.

Since I'm hanging around the house and "exhausted with doing nothing. And on topic about my 2 Chem4's, I mentioned that the elder one is taller and crowded with bud. All the stems were tied together fur support but it's time to let her "Freak Flag Fly" and hang it up more properly. My small closet is not set up to structure nugget nets so im making due.

Early on, I had to bend the tallest branches. Now they're so heavy with bud and in need of a support net, (with air tubing scraps) I am making an overhead support net and branches will get tied up with long pipe cleaners.

Call this my coronavirus, "cabin feaver" boredom project ( just 2 months too late). Im using mono to keep the lights going.

The super cropping job is coming back to bite me.

The preliminary test looks doable.

It Just presents a challenge at water changes.

IMG_20200329_164638.jpg
IMG_20200329_164705.jpg
IMG_20200329_164601.jpg
IMG_20200329_164611.jpg
IMG_20200329_170147.jpg

I love your plants and your slippers warez! I have ones like that too. I know the battle of tethering a plant in place. Lucky I’m doing promix so I can just water in with a tray and I’ll be fine not movin anything.

Back
Top Bottom