Wingman420's Farm Life In The Emerald Triangle

Little story for y'all here...

One summer, when I was 12 years old, I visited my brother and his beautiful wife who were living on Vancouver Island, B.C. They were both 26 years old... married when they were 18. He was hiding from the U.S. draft. They built a little cabin way out on a dirt road in the country, hidden in the forest. I think they had 5 acres. It was just them, their new baby, and their amazingly intelligent male German shepherd... he was one of those dogs you could talk to and he would understand what you were saying. I loved hanging out with my older brother... he was fun, wacky, and let me drink beer. One day I was walking around on their land amongst the cedar trees, looking down at the ground as I walked, as one does in a rough landscape like that. I entered a clearing and my eyes were drawn up. I found myself in a good-size garden of very tall plants. I knew what they were, but had basically zero experience with the plant. My brother was a jack-of-all-trades, and excelled at many things, including carpentry. Later on in my life I learned that growing herb on Vancouver Island in those days was a key to their survival.

My brother passed away last year. He had grown herb off and on most of his life, and in recent years always had a couple big plants in his outdoor garden in sunny central coast Calif. One harvest was enough for the year, and he was expert at making his own vape oil. His favorites were Durban Poison and Cinderella 99. Here's a couple pics of the last he grew, Cindy 99...

cinderella-99-1.jpg

cinderalla-99-2.jpg

We are beyond excited to have you back with us, welcome home brother! :passitleft:

I know there are still some pioneer members floating around that will remember you.

Just talked to @Matanuska Valley this morning. When I told him you were back with a journal, he said he'd like to come back and start another one as well. Our mutual friend Brandon will be starting one this week as well from his farm.
While I've been privy to your updates all these years, it will be nice to see them here again :green_heart:

Thank you for your support, we are truly grateful for you :Namaste:
Thank You brother Namaste! I am super happy to return. My apologies to everyone here my woman & I ended after 12+yrs, days after I started this journal I am already behind schedule and working like a dog every day getting planted and on track
the fellowship here at 420Mag has always been amazing!!! Thank you for the warm welcome back. I am a bit rusty but should catch up quickly
Im devastated but to me integrity is everything I am honest I don't lie I don't cheat and I don't steal
We are beyond excited to have you back with us, welcome home brother! :passitleft:

I know there are still some pioneer members floating around that will remember you.

Just talked to @Matanuska Valley this morning. When I told him you were back with a journal, he said he'd like to come back and start another one as well. Our mutual friend Brandon will be starting one this week as well from his farm.
While I've been privy to your updates all these years, it will be nice to see them here again :green_heart:

Thank you for your support, we are truly grateful for you :Namaste:

Wow impressive.... An they all look so greeeeeen lol I'll never have a grow this big but man..... This making me want to buy a plot.

Beautiful keep up the great work growmie. :headbanger:
Thank You

Such a joy to see your operation again! Glad to have you back! :circle-of-love:
wow thank you Its great to be back! you know me always with an operation lol

Welcome back man wow that's quite the operation. Beautiful.
Thanks I have done all the work and operate the farm with what used to be my girl and I. :rolleyes: she will be missed but funny thing about this industry is people come and go.You just never know their price and date until u catch them drilling holes in the boat while out to sea.

Present and accounted for! :drool: Good to see you wingman.

IGY6!
Thank you Grandpa Tokin we will try to show the world us old guys still bring the heat

Looking forward to seeing how it's done in the Emerald Triangle. Welcome back!!:)
Looking forward to doing it! Every crop has its twists and turns I try to learn something every time

Welcome back! Wow so pretty. Living everyone’s dream is right! I revel in the idea! Can’t wait to see what all you guys got going on. Very interesting to see the other side of things!
Thank You Venturisix

Never heard of half those strains, lol!
It'll be interesting to see them grow!
Yes I really dug into the research and waited months for some of them to come out of TC (Tissue Culture) this is an area where any mistakes are catastrophic and can force people into bankruptcy

Wow beautiful farm, welcome back.
Thanks I had a flat built up the hill too, and road going to it, all approved for greenhouses by County and State

Back
Top Bottom