The Phantom Og The Opera Goes Apeshit: Starring Barney's Farm Gorilla Zkittelz, Phantom OG & Supporting Cast

That TS2000 looks like it’s doing the business.
Got me seriously considering LED over HPS for my next grow space.
:yummy:
Right now the LED grow light tech is moving so fast, and things are changed for LED cannot grow great results. you should try the new lights next time, will save you more energy to get the same yield. :D

Hey GG congratulations on your harvests and nomination! I'm excited to hear you're getting some autos going! Me too. I'm getting to the end of some strawberry cough. 4 weeks give or take. Then There's 4 medical leaners going in the 4 x 4 and 4 dark devil autos in the 3 x 3. Unless someone tells me 4 dda's won't fit. If you want to read some on auto's, there's a link in my sig below. I'll have to re-up on it too.
Thanks for the heads up stoneotter. will have a gander. any tips and hints with them will be useful. Is the strawberry cough living up to its reputation. Has genetics in so many other strains too. classic strain.
Will be glad to get this one finished now and the fast buds girls to do have been eating away at me now. lol
Bloody council need acvess to the house for work so have to shut down temporary while they get done. bastards.lol
hopefully have them germed by end of sept and another Mars light in the arsenal too . Sub me in when you get it going mate with @Ganjagrandaddy .

That TS2000 looks like it’s doing the business.
Got me seriously considering LED over HPS for my next grow space.
:yummy:
I have been a loyal HPS guy for decades DD. I wrestled for last couple of years as the lights got improved and went through their changes to the newer ones . Watching the Mars hydro series adapt and take us seriously on what is needed specifically had me sold on my last run. I was thankfully able to get some this run ,halfway through veg. I took the plunge as i am doing the autos next and knew with hps that they were never going to happen with 18 hours light cycle for the entire period. I then saw Dutchman1990's seedlings under their sp150 and they had blown my older seedlings to bits in size and vigour, so i got a great deal with Sara from Mars on the thread in my sig " mars hydro discussion" Saw some of the reviews and results coming in and had to do it then. Come and have a look through it DD , it will show you what they can do for a really small wattage draw compared to our Hps rigs. I have approx the same amount of better quality bud for half the price of producing it. You cannot lose mate. Lights pay for themselves in the power saving in 1 crop. Never had buds so solid in my life of growing weed( 20 odd years) great price to buy amd Sara is always open to discussions on what really is the best for you needs and not just a hard sell mate. great sponsor here and have some very happy customers lining up to sing their praises too. I am not on any commission or anything underhand here DD but i was exactly as you are mate , trusted my rig , wasnt comfortable with initial outlay if no benefit , not seen the results first hand but now i have no regrets at all and wish i had saved all that cash from wasted electricity. There are a lot of options and combos for led and the minefield kept me out of the marketplace for so long too. Seeing the "plug and play" logic of the mars had me interested for a while. Thanks for the comments DD , would love to share a bowl with you , been a great companion here , sorry for the ramble . have a green day and hope your health and weight are holding out now too ?.

Hey gigiddy

for the ramble

Love the rambles, giggles. Anyway you have rambling rights if I’m not mistaken.

would love to share a bowl with you

:high-five: snap

a loyal HPS guy

I’ve been liking the results of HPS longer than I’ve been using one. I’ve been aware that LEDs have been getting better, but you are saying they have now arrived. I’m hearing ya. This is a very interesting development. I will follow the link you suggested.

I think my next light will be one of the new mars ones. As soon as I know the size of the space I’m going to end up with.

On health issues what can I say. There are a lot of really good reasons to use cannabis. Thanks for asking. More health related cannabis chat in the stable of impermanence (link below).

I’ve been enjoying how much fun you’ve been having with your staggered harvest. You sure know how to make a party last. Still hoping you pull a PB on the weights.

Thanks for the heads up stoneotter. will have a gander. any tips and hints with them will be useful. Is the strawberry cough living up to its reputation. Has genetics in so many other strains too. classic strain.
Will be glad to get this one finished now and the fast buds girls to do have been eating away at me now. lol
Bloody council need acvess to the house for work so have to shut down temporary while they get done. bastards.lol
hopefully have them germed by end of sept and another Mars light in the arsenal too . Sub me in when you get it going mate with @Ganjagrandaddy .
The SC really gets to me with flavor and a nice daytime high. Good luck with the council!

The SC really gets to me with flavor and a nice daytime high. Good luck with the council!
Thank you. gives me an excuse to change up my room now.
Hey gigiddy

Love the rambles, giggles. Anyway you have rambling rights if I’m not mistaken.

:high-five: snap

I’ve been liking the results of HPS longer than I’ve been using one. I’ve been aware that LEDs have been getting better, but you are saying they have now arrived. I’m hearing ya. This is a very interesting development. I will follow the link you suggested.

I think my next light will be one of the new mars ones. As soon as I know the size of the space I’m going to end up with.

On health issues what can I say. There are a lot of really good reasons to use cannabis. Thanks for asking. More health related cannabis chat in the stable of impermanence (link below).

I’ve been enjoying how much fun you’ve been having with your staggered harvest. You sure know how to make a party last. Still hoping you pull a PB on the weights.
Heehee have to enjoy the party as long as possible mate.. I didnt expect to be having such different harvesting times lol . Does feel like forever now tbh . be glad to move on to the fast buds autos then the original sensible strains. sorting the sp250 addition too now so still below the 1200w hps wattage draw( 880w at socket) but a more intense and penetrative FULL spectrum coverage. We lose a lot with Hps through glass , reflector dulling , and they also have missing bands such as uvb/uv i think too. I am sold mate. no regrets at all i assure you , only that i waited so long to do it now.
Sara will guide you in the right direction mate. the thread has so many good examples of their different lights. bang for buck the sp or st series are a steal and well in front of other competitors. Will check your link out too. be good to see you on the mend mate.

Harvest Update: The final Gorilla has been fully harvested now and her yield is a fair 121.26g (4.27 oz). Not too shabby at all and they are like the other big girls too. rock solid and looking epic. I am definitely growing this strain again at some point and cannot fault it at all on any level. Rhe smoke is beautiful and smooth , needs a little jar time now to bring out other flavours than old school kush but she bangs your nogging with a nice swirly high that you settle into beautifully. Just the Os and the hulk now.
Total yield for the Gorilla zkittelz quartet was 397.1g (14.1oz). I cant grumble at that really. Lets see what the Os and the hulk can add to the growing yield figure in about a week. In rhe meantime heres the pics from Gz#3 today
20190919_015000.jpg
20190919_011705.jpg
20190919_011635.jpg
20190919_011543.jpg
20190919_011033.jpg
20190919_011015.jpg
20190919_010941.jpg

:slide:
Nailed it!
Thanks Mr S. hopefully the last two will pull the numbers back in line when they finish drying. Do love Gorilla strains so am a happy chimp with the main supply being sorted for a bit now but i am looking forward to the head rush of the other 2 also. The Hulkberry packs a punch and from what i understand from Prof , so does the Orange Sherbet. Looking forward to getting the next run on now so i can really give the lights a blast with autos and this eco-thrive no-till side by side. Thanks for the positives matey

Nice haul Gg! Some very nice nugs with a nice trim job :goodjob:
Thank you N . i prefer to dry intact , no trim usuallly but with the bud rot still being a possibility at the moment i had to trim wet and dry them a bit quicker than the planned 10 days. Humidity has a lot to answer for this grow !. I want a trim bag now. they look brilliant for our level of produce. trim jail is misery .lol
Turning into the worlds longest harvest now though.!!!!.lol

That's some coveted bud my friend! Green with envy here. :love:
Thank you stoneotter. been a journey so far. been in haze since started harvesting.lol

Beautiful nugs,GG -I almost got high just looking at em!

Well here we are. After what feels like the longest harvest ever , i finally have all of the barneys girls finished and dried.
The Orange Sherbet finished with beautiful buds that stink to high heaven of oranges and are so sticky. I am surprised by the low yield on her as she looked so heavy growing but more on my errors later !!. She gave me 96.85g (3.45 Oz) of those beautiful nugs so i am not too upset.
A final Barneys Farm Yield for the 7 survivors of 19.34oz (548g) . With the addition of the hermied gelato of another 14g and the Hulkberry too at approx 50g then a more reslistic 612g from the 600w draw from the socket. Not quite the stated 1.5gpw but as a 1st use of the led and my errors i am a happy bunny and definitely better armed for the next run.
Sadly jar time is a luxury and redirecting them is eminent. This has been a fun time mixed with some annoyance , frustration , learning curves and great support from a community of great folks. The conversion to the mars Hydro lights has been a very interesting one. I didnt think i would be as pleased with the results i got or the quality of the rock solid nugs that were produced. I got less from the yield than i would have hoped BUT, this was down to a few factors and not the lights capabilities.
I have learnt about calmag deficiency the hard way and hurt my yield with this alone. I also never up pot so need to be more strict when i do my next photoperiods grow after the fast buds run. I am sad to end the thread but will leave it open for a few more days for any comments , advice ect. I am going to be building the room soon as delivery of insulation arrives so will include this in the fast buds fun. inhave a new sp250 onnits way too so the penetration will be sorted too. Roll on the next run and thank you all for hanging with me here a while.
Heres the Orange Sherbet dried and finished
20190922_000050.jpg
20190922_000022.jpg
20190922_000009.jpg
20190921_235952.jpg
20190921_235945.jpg
20190921_235907.jpg
20190921_235857.jpg

Back
Top Bottom