So you like the Do si dos. Wonderful!

What kind of edibles you planning on? Donuts, maybe? 🙂
Cookies mostly. Maybe some gummies.
The gummies are way better in the summer, especially since I'm not heating the entire house up with the oven.

Thought I had posted this hours ago!

Cookies mostly. Maybe some gummies.
The gummies are way better in the summer, especially since I'm not heating the entire house up with the oven.

Thought I had posted this hours ago!
I've been hooked on biscuits lately. Just the regular "Grand" biscuits that come in those cardboard rolls.

A few of those, slathered with cannabutter and cherry preserves: nice way to start the day! :Rasta:

I've been hooked on biscuits lately. Just the regular "Grand" biscuits that come in those cardboard rolls.

A few of those, slathered with cannabutter and cherry preserves: nice way to start the day! :Rasta:
Hmm, sounds good!
I'd have to mix it with regular butter though. One dose of my budder is just under 2ml.

So, here's the vape report on Do si dos. First thing I need to mention is that there won't be any curing with this one. I've opened the jars twice since the trim to feel the nugs.
They're still dry, crunchy, and they move loosely when I pick up the jar. There is no residual moisture there.
Anyway, this is potent!
I cleaned out a grinder and ground up a middle nug. It smells like SweetTarts, although not as powerful.
The flavour is a bit more floral than I like, although now I'm getting an aftertaste of blueberry. I only had 3 hits before I shut the vape off. I could already feel it coming on.
I'm feeling really relaxed, there's a slight distortion to the edges of my vision, and the aching muscles from yesterday's workout are gone.
I don't have the munchies, I had a very small snack a minute ago and it was easy to stop eating. That being said, it tasted really good, and the food felt good going in.
The body buzz is awsome, so I'm really looking forward to getting this into some edibles.
As I said, it's strong. A 2 minute vape session has me feeling as high as a full 5 minutes usually does.
I'm glad I have more seeds of this.

Thanks, I'll look into the Grove bags.
Overdrying is a recurring problem for me. It doesn't affect edibles really, but vaping can be a little light on flavour at times.

Yes!
Hey Mel..... Have you ever thought about trying to Cob some of your harvest buddy? It doesn't hang as long in the initial dry and the curing part is sealed up so no mold worries. Might help you around the too dry part as well as preserve your terpene profiles!! It sounds really good though! Happy Saturday buddy!! 😎✌️

Sorry, thought I'd responded already!
Y'all are torturing me :lot-o-toke:
Just giving you ideas ahead of your harvest!
Hey Mel..... Have you ever thought about trying to Cob some of your harvest buddy? It doesn't hang as long in the initial dry and the curing part is sealed up so no mold worries. Might help you around the too dry part as well as preserve your terpene profiles!! It sounds really good though! Happy Saturday buddy!! 😎✌️
I hadn't really thought about cobbing it 🤔
I don't have a vacuum sealer, so I'm not sure how it would work for me, but it's something to look into.
I guess looking at the traditional methods would be a good starting point.
Thanks Scottay, hope you had a good weekend!

Hey @Melville Hobbes , sorry I missed the harvest but not too late to catch up. Nice! Congratulations on the chop! That DSD was spectacular. And your bowl trimmer does a better job than I suspected, although I can totally see how of the buds are too dry it’ll act just like a regular grinder, lol. Great stuff and excellent grow.

Hey @Melville Hobbes , sorry I missed the harvest but not too late to catch up. Nice! Congratulations on the chop! That DSD was spectacular. And your bowl trimmer does a better job than I suspected, although I can totally see how of the buds are too dry it’ll act just like a regular grinder, lol. Great stuff and excellent grow.
Thanks Jon!

So, I have some excellent news!
Due to a really good flash sale on the Canadian @VIVOSUN website, the coupon code from @LKABudMan and an upcoming birthday, I've just been able to order two Aerolight A100SE lights!

Thanks Jon!

Due to a really good flash sale on the Canadian @VIVOSUN website, the coupon code from @LKABudMan and an upcoming birthday, I've just been able to order two Aerolight A100SE lights!
Looks like a nice little light. 🍋

Do si dos
I decided to give the bowl trimmer another shot as Do si dos was much denser than Gelato, and anything fluffy enough to go through wasn't anything I would be willing to hand trim anyway.

I did decide to do a smallish test run though just to make sure...

And I think it turned out rather well.

I still lost a bunch of weight to the bowl.

But I'm happy enough with this.
I'm planning on trimming to eliminate larf going forward, and I really need to get a handle on drying because DSD was also overdried.

I'm also looking at getting a second @VIVOSUN VS1000 for the 60x120cm (2×4) tent. I'd like to have lights in there that can be controlled by the GrowHub, but I'm not paying $300 a piece for a couple of Aerolights.

I'll put up a vape report as soon as I can, but I can tell you that this DSD smelled like a strangely nondescript citrus and melon, with that background scent of damp granite peeking through as I trimmed her. It'll be interesting to see how that comes through in a vape.

Happens to all of us from time to time.
Hi @Melville Hobbes - I’ve been reading about your trials and tribulations with the bowl trimmer. Sounds like that particular one works, but only if you get the buds just right that go in? Seems pretty tricky. I bet you could have hand trimmed all those buds in the time you messed around with the trimmer? Idk. I’m a purist. I only hand trim. But hell, I’ve seen video of dudes just taking a stiff brush tit the buds til they’re trimmed. It gave me a heart attack! Lol. Well good luck. But you’re missing out on the whole joy of trim jail! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks Jon!

Congratulations! New lights! Yay!

:yahoo: and go go LKA!
:woohoo:
Looks like a nice little light. 🍋
It does!
And more air movement in the tent is always a good thing.
New Gear! 🤩
I'm looking forward to setting it up!
I'll say!
Hi @Melville Hobbes - I’ve been reading about your trials and tribulations with the bowl trimmer. Sounds like that particular one works, but only if you get the buds just right that go in? Seems pretty tricky. I bet you could have hand trimmed all those buds in the time you messed around with the trimmer? Idk. I’m a purist. I only hand trim. But hell, I’ve seen video of dudes just taking a stiff brush tit the buds til they’re trimmed. It gave me a heart attack! Lol. Well good luck. But you’re missing out on the whole joy of trim jail! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Well, not quite.
The buds just can't be too dry. I've used it both for a wet trim, and for a few dry trims, and the dry is better.
The Gelato was a lot drier than she seemed, and even hand trimming caused the buds to fall apart a bit.
It's far faster than hand trimming.
I've tried something similar to the brush, just using my hand to pull and gently brush the leaves off, but IME that only works when the buds are too dry to cure properly.
Congratulations! New lights! Yay!
Thanks Jon!

Sorry, thought I'd responded already!

Just giving you ideas ahead of your harvest!

I hadn't really thought about cobbing it 🤔
I don't have a vacuum sealer, so I'm not sure how it would work for me, but it's something to look into.
I guess looking at the traditional methods would be a good starting point.
Thanks Scottay, hope you had a good weekend!
It's been a little crazy. My sister has to have surgery so I'm staying with her for a week or so to help her and her fella. I hope you have a killer harvest. Happy Thursday and leap year to you!! 😎✌️

It's been a little crazy. My sister has to have surgery so I'm staying with her for a week or so to help her and her fella. I hope you have a killer harvest. Happy Thursday and leap year to you!! 😎✌️
Thanks Scottay!
Hope your sister's surgery goes well!

Back
Top Bottom