Dos-Si-Dos & Wedding Cake ala Dope Seeds

I feel the same as you, now that I am in my 7th decade I feel my lungs don't appreciate too much vaping, and less so if I combust it. Of course I still love the smell of a joint. But I am thinking edibles are the way to go as I age. Recently, I broke out some cobs that I made that had been curing for a year, they work really well when a little bit is chewed/swallowed.

The cobs have me thinking that it is a great medium to have if in my future I end up in a retirement home, as here in NZ it's not legal. Having a bunch of tincture may get broken in my old age, and jars of buds are probably way too obvious, but cured cob should store really well and not be obvious.

Be well all.
I'm a few years shy of 70 and have copd so smoking isn't happening any more. I vape flower around a dozen times a day and usually eat gummies a few times a week. Over the past few years I don't think I've suffered any ill effects from vaping flower. The worst is growing and curing some great strains that i can smell but not smoke. The terpenes come through on the first couple tokes but not like a joint. Maybe my outdoor harvest will give me enough to try that cob thing. I've read through the Malawi cob post here.
Stay stoneder

Stunger, you're my hero! Planning for how to catch a buzz in the retirement home ...love it :)

Although I'm a bit concerned hearing you and Stoned Otter say that as we age our lungs can't handle the smoke. Smoking is my favorite way, but I'm still in my 40s
Enjoy a joint or bong or however you prefer Tim but try to moderate the amount. Almost all of the older members I see are having the lung thing especially if they're cigarette smokers. It's a special day when I roll one, and it's a fatty too! Keeping it special makes it just that too! Not perfect but a compromise. My lungs are pretty good I think but I used to smoke cigs way back and I don't want to mess them up more.

REVIEW OF BLACK SKULL DO-SI-DO:woohoo:

From my review in reviews.
Hi tokers! @Dope-Seeds gave me some Black Skull Do-si-do to try and let me tell you it's my absolute favorite today and has been for a while! It's so good I only share it if you're here. No one walks away with a complimentary bag of this pale green gem! It's a little weird for me to act that way but this bud is off the charts!
Here's the more sativa leaning and favored lady dripping with trichomes in her last days.
1658415308094.png

Now she's a handful, but what a handful!
IMG_1979.jpeg

IMG_1979.jpeg

Dope Seeds sourced Black Skull Do-si-do
Taste

If I grind and toke a joint it has a delicious lime flavor. I mean tasty lime! If I fire up a dab od rosin in the @Ispire daab it turns to solid pure grapefruit! And the high so nice! The elevation level of this one is as the very best smokes I have experienced! Fun and thought provoking to the boards! Also if I want to hit the hay and it's handy, a few extra tokes will bring sleep. The better half and I tried to finish a fatty yesterday and only got half there if that speaks to you. That was through the course of the afternoon and evening! I can't say enough positive things about this cultivar! I'm eternally grateful to @Dope-Seeds for the introduction to Black Skull Seeds!

BTW, my next review is another from the same grow, Wedding Cake, of which everyone is nuts over! I mean everyone! Until then, as my good friend from Texas would say...Stay Elevated! :peace: :hookah:

WEDDING CAKE REVIEW

Another outstanding Black Skull offering @Dope-Seeds had.

We're, and everyone I know who tried it, are loving this smoke! My friends keep coming back for more of "that"! No wonder! When I hit it in a vape it brings me to a very high place normally found in a combusted joint! The place we need to find at the end of the day to relax what needs to be relaxed and stop the hurt! That's us, the rest just love the powerful and balanced buzz it gives!
Wedding Cake tastes pungent to me, an adult taste I like a lot! A little skunky not a lot. Smooth and creamy feel to the mouth. When you hit it you know something good just happened right from the start.
1665674471715.png

I'd grow this one again any day!

👏 on the the terrific grow and two great reviews Otter! It really sounds like it was a tent of winners.
:green_heart:
Oh my goodness yes Shed! The dosi's had two very different pheno's. That's a bonus since they were both fantastic! Same for the Wedding cake but not so profoundly different. There was a reason @Dope-Seeds gave those particular seeds to me! They both rock!

Excellent review! Sounds like two great strains! I love Wedding Cake too, what’s not to love?! That lime you describe sounds like a flavor I don’t currently have and need! I’ve found many of my better yielders have Wedding Cake as one of the parents. It’s a very stable genetic that deserves its’ legendary status. Great grow, great journal. Enjoy!!

Nice wrap-up Stone! Sounds like some really nice weed and I don't blame you for keeping it "in house." :)

With that said it's time to put this journal away. I'm active in the Zkittlez journal until I start my new @Herbies Seeds one in a bit.
Thanks for keeping me company and all the help along the way! Without you this isn't half the fun! Toodles for now :ciao:
Thanks Amigo, that was great. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Excellent review! Sounds like two great strains! I love Wedding Cake too, what’s not to love?! That lime you describe sounds like a flavor I don’t currently have and need! I’ve found many of my better yielders have Wedding Cake as one of the parents. It’s a very stable genetic that deserves its’ legendary status. Great grow, great journal. Enjoy!!
And if if lime isn't your thing, then in the daab rig in rosen form it goes strong pure grapefruit! Yum City!
Nice wrap-up Stone! Sounds like some really nice weed and I don't blame you for keeping it "in house." :)
I like yummy things that slap me around a little!
Thanks Amigo, that was great. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Thanks Bill! It's a burrito :green_heart:

I'm happy you're happy with the strains you grew. :thanks: for providing us with an informative grow journal to follow.

Back
Top Bottom