I saw an official video of one of the commercial systems (Octopot maybe?) set up with an automatic feed into the reservoir and there were two sections, one for tomatoes and the other for peppers. They ran the peppers at a much less frequent pace because they said the peppers didn't like it as wet as the tomatoes.

Could be, I suppose, although I've got an aloe in a 1L SIP that's wildly outgrowing it's cousin in a very well draining, and drier, mix. Aloe's supposed to prefer the latter.
Hot peppers have almost exactly the same environmental requirements as weed. They're really easy to overwater, and need to go from grow nutes to flower nutes at fruitset.
You can tell if you're overwatering them when they get bumps on the undersides of the leaves, and it leads to milder heat in the fruit.
They're excellent training for growing weed.

You can tell if you're overwatering them when they get bumps on the undersides of the leaves, and it leads to milder heat in the fruit.
I've heard that hot pepper growers get more heat by giving less water which stresses the plant. Kind of like draughting does for canna, I suppose.

I've heard that hot pepper growers get more heat by givin less water which stresses the plant. Kind of like draughting does for canna, I suppose.
My good buddy grows ugly little hot pepper plants but swears that stunting the seedlings via drought, and they go totally limp and are ugly forever, gives more heat. His peppers are so hot its not funny. Way hotter than mine. What you said makes sense.

I've heard that hot pepper growers get more heat by giving less water which stresses the plant. Kind of like draughting does for canna, I suppose.
I've heard that too. It does seem to be the case for me. The ones I grow are usually hotter than anything I can get in the store, and they often show signs of needing water.
My good buddy grows ugly little hot pepper plants but swears that stunting the seedlings via drought, and they go totally limp and are ugly forever, gives more heat. His peppers are so hot its not funny. Way hotter than mine. What you said makes sense.
I don't go far enough to stunt them, but I do try to keep them right on the edge of needing water.
I wonder how they would do in cactus soil?
Buds are looking tasty Mel :bravo: Here is my pepper harvest from 22 peppers
Thanks Joe!
Looks great!
Mine was okay this past year, the ones in pots outperformed the in ground plants by a wide margin. I was pretty surprised.
I'm hoping to get a good hab harvest this coming season so I can make some infused hot sauce. I just have to find a good oil to use for the infusion, and decide what strain to use.
I'm thinking a citrusy sativa might complement it pretty well.

Turned out to be a Moruga Scorpion. Still wicked hot though.
Can't remember the name of one I grew last year - it did the best of the assortment of peppers....but....I'm not doing it again!!!!....OK...one plant!!!!! :battingeyelashes:

Day 92
Flip 54
Still moving along here. There are fewer and fewer white stigmas left. Delilah has resumed consuming her fan leaves, but this time I think it's just because she's getting close to the end. She isn't drinking quite as fast, although she's still drying out her pot in a couple of days.

Do si dos #33 - Delilah
@Barney's Farm @Herbies Seeds

Do si dos - Dolores
@Weed Seeds Express

Can't remember the name of one I grew last year - it did the best of the assortment of peppers....but....I'm not doing it again!!!!....OK...one plant!!!!! :battingeyelashes:
They're just as addictive to grow as weed!
I'm going to grow a lime basil plant that I think will compliment the hot peppers well in a salsa.
Hmm, I wonder if cilantro would make a good companion plant for weed?
One thing to think about with parsley is it attracts tiger swallowtail butterflies to lay eggs. They love it, but if the plant is too small the caterpillar will move on to nearby plants, including cannabis.

full

:cheer: Mel, you have some beaut buds and such an array of Autumn hues :green_heart: You've nursed them well and they love you for it!

Day 93
Flip 55
Still no roots yet on the last two Zkittlez clones. Other than that things are mostly the same as yesterday.

Do si dos #33 - Delilah

Do si dos - Dolores
@Weed Seeds Express

Those colours are just gorgeous. Autumn tones are my favourite design base colour palette.

If that made sense lol….
Thanks Tra!
That makes total sense to me!
Mel I hope all is well with you, everything looks absolutely stunning, such beautiful colors.🌸
Thanks CH!
I hope you're feeling better!
full

:cheer: Mel, you have some beaut buds and such an array of Autumn hues :green_heart: You've nursed them well and they love you for it!
Thanks Carmen!
I'm counting the days until I can chop their heads off!

Day 93
Flip 55
Still no roots yet on the last two Zkittlez clones. Other than that things are mostly the same as yesterday.

Do si dos #33 - Delilah

Do si dos - Dolores
@Weed Seeds Express

Thanks Tra!
That makes total sense to me!

Thanks CH!
I hope you're feeling better!

Thanks Carmen!
I'm counting the days until I can chop their heads off!
So beautiful, the colors at this stage reminds me of Mardi Gras... 👍👍👍💚💚

Dang I just love those colors. What's your temp and humidity at on an average day/night? I really want to try to pull some colors when I get into flower, and I've read cooler temps can help with that?

We'll take it! :thumb:
:)
Dang I just love those colors. What's your temp and humidity at on an average day/night? I really want to try to pull some colors when I get into flower, and I've read cooler temps can help with that?
Thanks AC! Same here!
In this case it's the genetics causing the purple. Daytime temps are 24-26C, and night temps don't get below 19C.
Near harvest my outdoor plants all got some purple to them, but some of that was reduced P uptake due to the temps dropping pretty low at night.
I think it looks different when you're up close, but still really nice to look at.
Get those beautiful autumn colours el Beardo!

🧔‍♂️🐻 🧔‍♂️🐻🧔‍♂️🐻
Thanks Tra!
Autocorrect has finally stopped trying to call you Tracy!

Day 95
Flip 57
Delilah is really moving towards harvest, she barely has any white stigmas left!
I'm also really liking that red tint.
Dolores looks like she might be almost entirely purple by the time she's done flowering.
I'm really looking forward to trying these two out!

Do si dos #33 - Delilah

Do si dos - Dolores
@Weed Seeds Express

Have a great evening everyone!

Day 95
Flip 57
Delilah is really moving towards harvest, she barely has any white stigmas left!
I'm also really liking that red tint.
Dolores looks like she might be almost entirely purple by the time she's done flowering.
I'm really looking forward to trying these two out!

Do si dos #33 - Delilah

Do si dos - Dolores
@Weed Seeds Express

Have a great evening everyone!
Oh man that is going to be amazing.. 👍👍👍💚💚

Back
Top Bottom