Dos-Si-Dos & Wedding Cake ala Dope Seeds

I'm recalling a conversation I typed in on a week ago. Could have been you. I vape mostly so it needs to be fine for my vape. Next jay I roll I'll try cutting.
Oh I see. Don't think that was me but I get it. Not sure cutting it fine enough for a vape pen is any better than the grinder. But for Js I always use scissors and take my time cutting into the pile until it's every bit as fine as grinder weed. I don't know if it would be a discernible difference in a side by side taste test, but I kind of get off on the ceremony of it.

Oh I see. Don't think that was me but I get it. Not sure cutting it fine enough for a vape pen is any better than the grinder. But for Js I always use scissors and take my time cutting into the pile until it's every bit as fine as grinder weed. I don't know if it would be a discernible difference in a side by side taste test, but I kind of get off on the ceremony of it.
I get that. :green_heart:

@Prescription Blend sent me such a mix of nutes! We're looking forward to another big 7 plant grow again in the fall with this one at the BIL's place! Haven't picked out the cultivar yet.
IMG_1601.jpeg
Oh boys I’m drooling for that line up!! Wish they’d sent me the Prescription Blend package!

Highya SO,

Love those cartoon images on your seed packages. Very nice choices! Also will be fun to see your BIL grow again. Quite the green thumb! Are you still growing with Doc's organic recipes? Happy Smokin'

Highya SO,

Love those cartoon images on your seed packages. Very nice choices! Also will be fun to see your BIL grow again. Quite the green thumb! Are you still growing with Doc's organic recipes? Happy Smokin'
No I never went that route. I'm still LOS from The Rev's True Living Soil book. He's been saying he has a different book coming soon for a while. I'm beginning to believe him.

I meant the Rev! Sorry. So, his methods are still working for you?I love organics! Happy Smokin'

I meant the Rev! Sorry. So, his methods are still working for you?I love organics! Happy Smokin'
Yes they are. He writes for Skunk magazine and I read him there too for more tips. He's pretty green. So far every grow I think the soil works better. Compost after compost all the nutrients seem there and revved up! maybe 4 or 5 "seasons" grows have gone by with it. I'm starting to see the soil really shine now! Not this grow but the next should have this soil tuned in the way I want. I made some input mistakes I had to fix.

How many tons of pressure does your press go to at full pressure? I'm considering them and almost bit on one like yours where it's like jacking up a tire. Does it work well? Sure appears to!!
And is there a How-to on the bottle jack set-up in the thread? I've started to go thru it but haven't made it too far in yet.

How many tons of pressure does your press go to at full pressure? I'm considering them and almost bit on one like yours where it's like jacking up a tire. Does it work well? Sure appears to!!
The one I have now is a 6 ton. More is better in my opinion. The one I had before was a 20 ton and that was perfect for me. However, I just don’t have the room any longer for a huge press. The 6 ton @DabPress does the job and I’m happy with the performance.
And is there a How-to on the bottle jack set-up in the thread? I've started to go thru it but haven't made it too far in yet.
Not really, but the one I have from @DabPress is completely self contained and very easy to setup. In fact, all of their presses come with easy instructions. Let me know if you want more pictures or anything. I can explain how mine works if that helps.

An explanation would be great. This is not something I'm even familiar with, but would love to get some edumification.

Okay, here goes…Start with good weed…duh (I use 120-160 micron sleeve screens to put the puck into):
  1. Fill the 30 cm mold with 7gm of flower, tamping it down as required;
  2. use a clamp to squeeze the puck down to about 3/4" (20 mm);
  3. put the puck into the sleeve, and fold the ends over;
  4. put it in the press at about 100 PSI (enough pressure so the puck cannot move), and preheat for one minute;
  5. bring the pressure up to 1000 PSI (slowly keeping pressure), over about 15 seconds;
  6. maintain the pressure (it will drop) for the required amount of time (usually 3 minutes);
  7. at the end, raise the pressure to 2500 PSI (I go max on this 6-ton) for 30 seconds;
  8. release the pressure, and remove the parchment, puck, and rosin from the press;
  9. remove the puck, and let the rosin cool for a minute or so; and
  10. gather and store the rosin.
In my rosin thread below are some pictures of how to make pucks. If you don’t have a mold it’s easy to fill a sleeve by hand and mold it into a round-ish form. It takes a little practice, but not hard.

Start reading here:

Okay, here goes…Start with good weed…duh (I use 120-160 micron sleeve screens to put the puck into):
  4. put it in the press at about 100 PSI (enough pressure so the puck cannot move), and preheat for one minute;
  5. bring the pressure up to 1000 PSI (slowly keeping pressure), over about 15 seconds;
  6. maintain the pressure (it will drop) for the required amount of time (usually 3 minutes);
  7. at the end, raise the pressure to 2500 PSI (I go max on this 6-ton) for 30 seconds;
  8. release the pressure, and remove the parchment, puck, and rosin from the press;
In my rosin thread below are some pictures of how to make pucks. If you don’t have a mold it’s easy to fill a sleeve by hand and mold it into a round-ish form. It takes a little practice, but not hard.

Start reading here:
Thank you! :thanks:

Interesting. I'll start reading at your link. (I thought it was going to link back to the first post. :laughtwo:)

Start reading here:

Thank you for the step-by-step instructions, Grandpa T. I own the 6-ton Dabpress also and have been trying, so far unsuccessfully, to make rosin for awhile now with it. How do you set the PSI? That's the only part I know nothing about, thus far.

If I were in your situation I'd consider one that doesn't need two hands. Help me out here as I don't know the depth of your ability to be up on your feet pushing down hard with one hand and holding the press from tipping over with the other. The alternate way to use this press is to lay it on the floor leaned back 45 degrees on its arms pushing down with one hand and pumping with the other. I have the same press as GT. It's a good press. Other presses are easier to use, the ones with a hose to the cylinder for slightly remote pumping, and $$ automatic ones. With the hosed one you may still need to get on top of it to push but that's all you'll have to do.

Thank you for the step-by-step instructions, Grandpa T. I own the 6-ton Dabpress also and have been trying, so far unsuccessfully, to make rosin for awhile now with it. How do you set the PSI? That's the only part I know nothing about, thus far.
The 6-ton doesn’t have a PSI gauge. I really make it simple for that press. I make contact with the puck and put quite a bit of pressure…not smashing it all the way down, but hard enough to hold the puck firmly between the plates and a little bit of a smash starting to happen. That’s where I leave it warming up for a full minute. During that time, I check to ensure the pressure hasn’t released and is still firmly holding the puck in place. Then, I start slowly increasing the pressure. I can see when the rosin starts to leak from the puck:

Then I wait a bit, then continue with small pressure increments. The 6-ton doesn’t allow me to put too much pressure because it starts getting too hard. I judge by watching the ooze…when it stops bubbling or turning really dark in color then I know it’s about time to release. I usually run about 3-4 minutes total, including the 1 minute warmup.

Hope that helps! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom