Woodsman's Northern Light #5 Grow

Wow that sounds like one of 'those moments' you never forget! Nice Recollection! I was picturing it in my mind. No, not picture of the three of you 'cuddling for warmth' in the tent! The scenery I meant!

What were some of my favorite places? Hmmm so many! When I lived in Idaho for a year I drove for a company that covered the Western US and Western Canada. Farthest east I got was Fargo ND. and Winnipeg. In the south the farthest east would have been Aurora CO. and Albuquerque NM. Never got south of Los Angeles to San Diego though. Farthest north was Whitecourt Alberta near the beginning of the Alaska Highway.

Most wonderful places, rides, views, hmmmm. You asked for it. I may not be able to stop! This is one of my favorite things to 'think' about since there is only the wife to talk to about it!

The drive from Edmonton, Alberta up into and through Jasper Nat. Park and the entire run from there to Vancouver, BC is without question the most beautiful scenery Mountain Scenery I have ever scene. - Now of course there are different types of scenery, Mountains, Deserts, Coastal, Forest, etc,- As far as Mountains go, I'd have to include the trip through Banff, when going from Calgary to Vancouver and the trip over Crossnest Pass on Canada Route 1 over the Rockies just north of Glacier/Waterton Nat Parks. The Canadian Rockies are so different that the US Rockies. Only Glacier has a similar feel to them. And it is because of the glaciers that they are unique. I the Stated I used to love driving from Missoula MT. through the Lolo Pass on Hwy 12 down to where I lived in Lewiston Id. For the breathtaking forest and river beauty of the Bitteroot Mountains and the Lochsa River. Lewis and Clark went this way. The drive up through Rogers Pass (did this very often) from Great Falls MT. to Missoula MT. on Hwy 200. the Montana 'Big Sky' panorama heading north from Monida Pass on #15 just to the west of Yellowstone was impressive. Moving westwards...to some extent the Polouse region of Western Washington through to the very volcanic landscape of the Columbia River near Boardman, WA. and then on through to Portland. The stretch I mentioned through the Polouse region of W. Washington is so remote and out of the way for most folks unless you lived around there. Living in Lewiston was always a challenge and took forever to get anywhere! The nearest Hwy was #90 in Coeur d'Alene, ID. two hours away!

The trip from Lewiston heading to points south like to Los Angeles or SF, Reno etc. while beautiful, was also the most dangerous. Especially in winter! But even in nice weather the many mountain grades along the way and Until you get to Winnemucca, NV. it was all two lane! Just a brief jump onto #84 west of Boise for about 15 minutes. Hwy 95 from Lewiston to Winnemucca was the longest and most grueling drive ever! And that's in good weather! In the snow, Oh my! driving south along the Salmon River between Grangeville, ID. and New Meadows, ID. and on down to hwy 84 was something that only a few of us brave souls know about! In a car, no problem, but hauling sitting on a rig that weighs up to 94,500 lbs (drove a set of doubles) up and down ice covered roads in blizzard like conditions for 12 hours straight is nothing short of, and I used to think it was like a bomber pilot in WWII flying missions over Germany. What was always fun (not) was having to put chains on in the middle of a snowstorm in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night and temps in the single digits! Oh I could go on about that run! The problem was, we (there were around a hundred trucks in the company) were always on a tight schedule.

I used to enjoy the open road driving from Butte MT. through southern MT. to Billings and then south on 90 t #25 and on down through Wyoming to Denver. Here's an interesting bit. From Park City MT. south on 310 into Wyoming to a town called Greybull, WY. which is between the Big Horn Range to the east and Yellowstone to the west. Well this was the first time I ever heard of Vermiculite. Yup I used to haul the stuff from a place where they actually mined it. I remember that the mud around where I would get the stuff (Big Lot) would stick to your boots so bad that you had to scrape it off with a stick. When walking around the truck while they loaded me. I would have about twenty lbs of the stuff on each boot!

OK, I know I've rambled and kind of got off the original question of what some of my favorite scenery or drives were. I warned you!

I really liked the ride from just south of Provo in Utah on #6 down through Moab then #191 and 491 to Cortez CO. (Four Corners region) and on down to Albuquerque then east to Flagstaff on #40.

Coming from Winnemucca to just before Reno and taking the same old 95 again south through the deserts of Nevada was one of my favorites, So desolate, and I've loved the area very much since then. This would be are normal route down to Los Angeles from the north (unless I was coming from Vancouver, Seattle, or Portland). I've described that drive over at Bay's thread coming down through #5 in Oregon down into Northern Cal. where NCal lives. That is also one of the best 'drives' ever! From Redding, Cal south it's just a haul nothing special about the central valley except the good truck stops and seeing nice legs in the little four wheelers that would pass us on #5!

When I lived in the Bay Area, Skyline Drive (#35) in the Redwoods just behind where I lived was awesome on my motorcycle. And all the drives from the Central Valley up into the Sierras, #108, #88 and #4 just ot name a few! Well I'm sure I missed at least a dozen more and later I'll feel sorry about not mentioning them!

I warned you folks! Thanks Mountain for giving me the opportunity to share these amazing memories with you all. I've not told these things to many people. I have a photo album of pics I took along my way that year. Mostly from the drivers seat!

By this time that I'm done, all of you will have gone on to other things most likely, hope you'll come back and read this!:thanks: from the bottom of my heart!

love most of this ( I drove for along time also...) BTW did you invert Albququerque and Flag? (You head down to Flag then East to Albuquerque...)

I have traveled a few of those roads and could see myself behind the wheel of a big rig...cruising them in the worse weather and the excitement level burning those memories into your brain. :bongrip:

WOW that was a close one...I need to let you drive, take the wheel...I don't how, :passitleft: NO THE WHEEL NOT THE JOINT...we are doomed. :grinjoint: Wow! Good Nyborg!

Great Imagery bro...I was there with you traveling those roads..born and raised in Idaho.

:peace: brother.

love most of this ( I drove for along time also...) BTW did you invert Albququerque and Flag? (You head down to Flag then East to Albuquerque...)
Your Right! I meant to say 'then west to Flagstaff'! Only another driver would catch a mistake like that! Oh well You knew what I meant, just typing too fast for my brain!
I have traveled a few of those roads and could see myself behind the wheel of a big rig...cruising them in the worse weather and the excitement level burning those memories into your brain. :bongrip:

WOW that was a close one...I need to let you drive, take the wheel...I don't how, :passitleft: NO THE WHEEL NOT THE JOINT...we are doomed. :grinjoint: Wow! Good Nyborg!

Great Imagery bro...I was there with you traveling those roads..born and raised in Idaho.

:peace: brother.

It's a trip for sure, But I think it depends on the areas you cover. When I moved to Mid America I had the misfortune of driving for a company that covered the Mid West and that's it, It's either boring or your stuck in a traffic jam in Chicago, St Louis, Cincinnati or wherever! Us Mountain or Western Drivers used to refer to anyone (Truck Drivers) from east of the Rockies as a 'Flatlanders'. Yup same thing the folks in Wisconsin call the folks from Illinois.

Haha Dating yourself a bit there. I love some good Nyborg.

I take it that it is a band? Hey, I don't know!

Plutonium Nyborg is from the 1981 movie Heavy Metal.

Plutonium Nyborg is the apparent drug of choice for the pilots of a certain spacecraft that looks like a huge Smiley Face. Plutonium Nyborg is a white powder similar in appearance to C******, but seems to have an effect similar to marijuana, if you are to judge from their speech and actions. However, with the trippy scenes that follow the characters' ingestion of the drug, the creators may have intended to suggest effects similar to hallucinogens such as ***.

While the two pilots are getting high, their robot (with an seemingly overclocked sex drive) gives a human female a little lesson in getting off with "mechanical assistance."

"Good Nyborg!"

Plutonium Nyborg is from the 1981 movie Heavy Metal.

Plutonium Nyborg is the apparent drug of choice for the pilots of a certain spacecraft that looks like a huge Smiley Face. Plutonium Nyborg is a white powder similar in appearance to C******, but seems to have an effect similar to marijuana, if you are to judge from their speech and actions. However, with the trippy scenes that follow the characters' ingestion of the drug, the creators may have intended to suggest effects similar to hallucinogens such as ***.

While the two pilots are getting high, their robot (with an seemingly overclocked sex drive) gives a human female a little lesson in getting off with "mechanical assistance."

"Good Nyborg!"

Ya I say the movie when it came out, but the old memory escapes me sometimes! I remember that it was one of the first adult animations.

:bong:[QUOTE=Woodsman;1022610

This is interesting though, all three have a completely different smell to them when you rub their stems. One is skunky, one smells like my kitty's piss, and the other is more of the crushed pine needle smell, or like terpentine. Can't remember off hand which was which. It's that short term memory loss! LOL

..................Yea, I got the same types of variations in my NL's. The most stable genetics I had was the NL from nirvana. The worst were Seedsman - Totally skunk cross with some b*LLSH*T Swag cross. Grew like lightning, yeilded fluffy crap. NOT AN INDOOR STRAIN, but may be a Ginormous yeilder outdoors in the south!! The best were the Paradise NL#9, but I got a few Pheno's in a bag of 10. .................My best one smelled like Turpentine. Hands down sick yield, short gorgeous plant with Rock hard colas of dank nugs. We called it Rocky as an inside joke, but i look forward to 'Rocky 2"

;) :nicethread:
:yahoo:

:bong:
..................Yea, I got the same types of variations in my NL's. The most stable genetics I had was the NL from nirvana. The worst were Seedsman - Totally skunk cross with some b*LLSH*T Swag cross. Grew like lightning, yeilded fluffy crap. NOT AN INDOOR STRAIN, but may be a Ginormous yeilder outdoors in the south!! The best were the Paradise NL#9, but I got a few Pheno's in a bag of 10. .................My best one smelled like Turpentine. Hands down sick yield, short gorgeous plant with Rock hard colas of dank nugs. We called it Rocky as an inside joke, but i look forward to 'Rocky 2"

;) :nicethread:
:yahoo:

Cool , I hope that is true for me about the turpentine smelling plant! My Seed CO. is not a sponsor so I'm not supposed to mention it, but it was not one of the above mentioned. It ended with -seeds.nl and started with the letter M

Cool , I hope that is true for me about the turpentine smelling plant! My Seed CO. is not a sponsor so I'm not supposed to mention it, but it was not one of the above mentioned. It ended with -seeds.nl and started with the letter M

Oh shit, I'm not supposed to talk about nonsponsors? well, my bad, I wont do it again........HMMmmmmm?

...Anyways, I have had different Pheno's that smell the same, so don't get your hopes up......OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT YOUR GONNA BE SMOKING NL.....But don't let me rain on your parade.
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Oh shit, I'm not supposed to talk about nonsponsors? well, my bad, I wont do it again........HMMmmmmm?

...Anyways, I have had different Pheno's that smell the same, so don't get your hopes up......OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT YOUR GONNA BE SMOKING NL.....But don't let me rain on your parade.
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I don't care if it smells like crap (well OK i do) As long as they will give me an a** bending high! I'll probably look it up anyway, but what is in the NL#9 strain?

I don't care if it smells like crap (well OK i do) As long as they will give me an a** bending high! I'll probably look it up anyway, but what is in the NL#9 strain?

Flowering : Photoperiod
Genetics : Northern Lights x White Widow x Durban
Flowering Time : Medium Outdoor
Harvest : N/A
Height : Short THC Level : Medium
Characteristics : fat chunky nugs can be expected.

""""""Sag****tha Seeds Northern Light #9 is potent, compact, and connoisseur quality brings this Northern Light example to the smokers ring. With a lathargic punch and brainwhack crunch your disposition is compressed on itself sometimes flooring unexpecting tokers. The smell is soft on the nose, great for closet and clandestine growing. A medium to large production puts pleasure and profit in your pocket. For people who work hard and have lots of stress this weed is among the best. You will forget your problems (at least for an hour)and relax, get yourself centered and then rebooted. all of the days aggression goes up in smoke and the pleasures of the day sinks in. Not recommended for daytime smoke unless you have the day off, after smoking Northern Light #9 you will be getting off and off and off. Sag***tha Seeds Northern Lights #9 is an indoor plant and takes 55 days to flower. It's cannabis seeds produce a lemony taste."""""""

Now back to reality. This one took me longer than it said to finish, but had one of the better main colas I've had. Smoke was pine/Citrus, Very hard hitting. I believe I bloomed it at 6" and it got about 3' after supercropping/crimping.

Flowering : Photoperiod
Genetics : Northern Lights x White Widow x Durban
Flowering Time : Medium Outdoor
Harvest : N/A
Height : Short THC Level : Medium
Characteristics : fat chunky nugs can be expected.

""""""Sag****tha Seeds Northern Light #9 is potent, compact, and connoisseur quality brings this Northern Light example to the smokers ring. With a lathargic punch and brainwhack crunch your disposition is compressed on itself sometimes flooring unexpecting tokers. The smell is soft on the nose, great for closet and clandestine growing. A medium to large production puts pleasure and profit in your pocket. For people who work hard and have lots of stress this weed is among the best. You will forget your problems (at least for an hour)and relax, get yourself centered and then rebooted. all of the days aggression goes up in smoke and the pleasures of the day sinks in. Not recommended for daytime smoke unless you have the day off, after smoking Northern Light #9 you will be getting off and off and off. Sag***tha Seeds Northern Lights #9 is an indoor plant and takes 55 days to flower. It's cannabis seeds produce a lemony taste."""""""

Now back to reality. This one took me longer than it said to finish, but had one of the better main colas I've had. Smoke was pine/Citrus, Very hard hitting. I believe I bloomed it at 6" and it got about 3' after supercropping/crimping.

Thanks for the info Jason, just how long did it go in flower? My Mazar went almost 12 wks! That's Indica! Just my low power lighting. By the way what wattage do you use. You may have just told me this but I am enjoying something right now and you know what I mean!

Batteries running dead and I'll have to cut out for the night, I'll check in tomorrow. See y'all! :Rasta:

Man, I worked a bit today and when I finished, I took a little nap. When I logged in to your grow. I was 5 pages behind! You have probably the most visited journal on 420. Has turned into a meeting place for info, growing tips, and one hell of allot of fun. Woodsman Thank You!

:thanks::thanks::ganjamon::thanks::thanks:

Thanks for the info Jason, just how long did it go in flower? My Mazar went almost 12 wks! That's Indica! Just my low power lighting. By the way what wattage do you use. You may have just told me this but I am enjoying something right now and you know what I mean!

Batteries running dead and I'll have to cut out for the night, I'll check in tomorrow. See y'all! :Rasta:

Hey Woodsman, It was a while ago, and back then I never wrote anything down so theres no way to know exactly, but if I recall correctly It was more like 8weeks. Sorry about the confusion, I noticed on one of my earlier posts i refered to it as para*ise NL#9, but later checked it out, and it was the Sagar***ha NL #9 tht I was actually talking about. I too was heavily medicated last night.:grinjoint:
In my personals' garden I use a 100wHPS with 3 x 2' coolwhite Flourescents set horizontal for Veg, in a 2'x2'x3' enclosure and a 250wHPS HF Sunburst for bloom in a 2'x2'x5' enclosure. It's an alright set-up, but a pain in the ass to get in and out of. I have a few pictures of the bloom area here if your feeling bored and wanna check them out just type 'jasonlee247' in the Photo gallery search engine.:yummy: nothing much though,

P.s. how did that Mazar turn out? I've heard mixed opinions.:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom