WreckLoose Second Outdoor Auto Grow: Northern Lights, Matanuska, Cheese, Insomnia

I'd say:
Insomnia has a week+.
NL has a few days to a week depending on whether you like couchlock.
Matanuska the same as the NL.

Wow! I was way off the mark, I was going to give the Insomnia a week and the NL and MTF around 10 days. . To me they all look pretty much the same, mostly cloudy, some clear and I can't see much amber at all. :hmmmm: I obviously need more practise.

I was planning on the indicas having more of a couchlock effect and the sativas less so.

I'm not familiar with the Matanuska or the Insomnia (which sounds like a sativa!), but I know folks grow the NL as sleep meds. I'm seeing amber on the right side of the pics for the Mat and the NL, but none on the Insomnia.

You're right on the money Shed, the Matanuska and Insomnia are indeed the sativas. If I remember correctly, the Cheese is more of a hybrid leaning towards the indica side.

I think I can make out the amber now but it's very faint. I'm actually starting to think it may be the way the late evening sun is hitting them. I'll take more pics tomorrow morning in a more neutral light and check back with you to see what you think. :thumb:

Now that I'm on the home stretch there's not as much that I need to do with the ladies except water them when they need it and wait until they're ripe for the picking, which I'm hoping is very soon. I may have won the battle with the fungus gnats last week but sadly, I certainly haven't won the war. There's not nearly as many as there were before which is good, but there's still more than I'd like there to be thanks to the larvae I presume. I'm thinking I might have to do a soil drench with H2O2 and Neem Oil but I'm wary of doing so this late in the game. I was also hoping to get another grow out of this soil and I'm not sure if the soil drench would be the right thing to do. :hmmmm: Here's the ladies...

Also, with this grow coming to an end very soon I thought I'd go ahead and pop my first two fem beans. For sativa we've got Gorilla Glue #4 and for indica we have Banana Kush.

One last thing. I've never been a pipe smoker but thought I would buy the cheapest I could find just to indulge every once in a while. The cheapest just so happened to be Rick and Morty themed, double win.

Sorry! NL is almost ready if those ambers are all over the plant, but if you really want sleepy-time you could give it a few more days. I'd say the other two have a week.

Thanks Shed! They seem to be maturing at a snail's pace, I can barely tell the difference from a couple of weeks ago. :hmmmm:

What do you think about the Neem/H2O2 drench for the fungus gnats? Should I just hold off until harvest?

I've never used neem in soil so I don't know about that, but unless you have some huge infestation I would just keep the fans aimed at the soil to keep them from reproducing and go with sticky traps.

The best way generally to get rid of fungus gnats are mosquito dunks in your nute water.

I definitely don't think it's a huge infestation, normally there might only be five or six a day but there has been a couple of days where there were dozens of them. I was hoping to get another grow out of this soil, or would you recommend a fresh bag each time?

It might be worth spending the 30€ $35 after all. :hmmmm: Although I did find a product called Cordalene that's apparently a liquid source of BT (Bacillus Thuringensis) which is similar to what's in mosquito dunks/bits, right?

I believe so, but I'd check online to be sure. The stuff is pretty cheap over here.

And some bags of soil come with their own gnats!

I'd prefer the mosqiuto dunks/bits because they seem a lot more natural but when they're quadruple the price it's much less appealing. :laughtwo:

I definitely felt that was the case with the BioBizz Light Mix I had last time, the fungus gnats were there from day one. So do you reckon I can get another grow from this soil then? I remember the majority of last grow's soil looking and feeling so fresh when I added it to the garden trough.

Sorry for the radio silence right at the last hurdle but my phone broke and I was waiting to see what photos I could recover before posting. Turns out I could only find the last trichome pictures I took before harvest. The Insomnia was harvested two days after the pics (day 93), the NL and Matanuska were harvested a week after (day 84) and the Cheese is still going strong. Speaking of going strong the GG4 and Banana Kush are now on day 13 and 11, both doing really well but I should probably start a new journal for that. Here's some pics...

And the couple of youngsters....

It's a pain in the ass having to wait for Black Friday to get a new one at a decent price too. :confused:

I haven't tried her out yet, I just put her in the jar for the first time today after 8 days in the fridge, lo and slo style but she settled at around 80%. A little disappointing considering she's already at about 25% from harvest weight. Back in the fridge she goes for a day or two and then I'll hold back a few testers before the cure starts. :thumb:

Thanks @InTheShed I'm loving how fat those BK leaves are coming in. :cheer:

Edit: Just remembered your Rice Balls thread to lower RH, do you think that be suitable for me? Or will it ruin the point of doing lo and slo?

2 to 3 weeks even in paper bags? I thought that was if you were using jars? :hmmmm: Either way my last harvest was over dried after only 9 days, went all the way down to 35% RH if I remember correctly. Although, it was the height of summer which could've had something to do with it. This time I was hoping for a longer dry but I was trying to keep my eye on weight because I read there's supposed to be a 25% return from harvest weight and I'm already there.

25% is a very rough estimate, based on all sorts of variables including the amount of water retained by the plant at harvest and whether the buds are fluffy or solid. I'd say 18-20% is closer. I stopped weighing my plants at harvest years ago.

It's been a long time since the recommendation was jars. Paper bags became the standard pretty quickly on the low and slow thread. MrSauga recommend waiting two weeks before trying the rice balls. His low and slow protocol is here.

My inexperience strikes again! :laughtwo: I should've figured counting my eggs before they hatch was probably not the best idea. No more messing around with the scales at harvest then haha.

I think that might actually be the exact post by MrSauga that I read, obviously my memory isn't so great after all. :laughtwo: At the beginning it does say 'Paper bags will help speed the process by about a week.' I thought that meant from 2-3 weeks down to 1-2. :hmmmm: I'm just concerned about over drying like last time, if I'd left that bag for two weeks it would've ground to dust. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom