Does this look normal? Martian Candy OG

elamigoverde

The top leaves of these 2 plants look a bit shriveled.

Is this a sign of anything? These girls are about 2 months since clones and 4 ft tall.

Everything else is going very well. Moving to bigger pots tomorrow for flowering. :cheer:

SAM_6787.JPG

SAM_6786.JPG

Other leaves look like this one here
SAM_6792.JPG

SAM_6795.JPG

Looks like heat. It's only the leaves that are close to the lights. Canopy leaves showing heat stress. Back the LED's off a lot. LED's can act like laser beams.

I think youre onto something.

Its the taller plants that are having the issue. I moved the lights up 6 inches a day sgo and plan to take it up even more tomorrow

Theyre about 10 inches above the canopy. 18-24 is ideal. Running out of space in the closet. gonna have to trim them down I'm afraid

Typically heat causes leaves to taco up, while overwatering causes droopy leaves. No expert, especially with LED.
They do look droopy down lower too IMO.

Yes and no
I found that in my case depending on the way the heat is applied to the plant will show different symptoms. When the plants are given a certain amount of heat stress they will in fact taco up usually when the heat is straight from the LED's beaming down on the canopy and the surrounding air is "OK" temp wise however when the air temperature is just too high all around that top area the leaves will just droop and not taco. In elmami's case I'm sure raising the lights a tad more and adding a little more air circulation at the top are of the plant will fix it quickly.

Yeah I wasn't very confident in over watering because the whole plant usually shows that. I don't know much about LEDs but I thought the whole point was less energy and heat so I kind of assumed there isn't much heat in there. Good call though.

It is really hard to over ventilate unless you are using CO2.

If it was heat, I think you'd only see it near the top of the plant.
It looks under-watered or over-watered depending on how damp the soil is.

Here are pics in normal lighting. I just finished transplanting them into 5 gallon pots for flowering. The soil was very dry.

SAM_6810.JPG

SAM_6809.JPG

SAM_6808.JPG
Now in these pictures she is screaming over/under watering. Looks like over water to me because the leaves also have a shriveled look to them. If you are confident you are not over watering then I would say root or pH problem. The first pics looked like just the top leafs are sagging. These pics show all of them sagging.

That looks like over-watering to me. You can see some interveinal chlorosis beginning.
IME, when under-watered, the plant does not droop all over, all at once. The droop spreads/travels as the plant gets drier and drier.

Instead of trimming it down, simply bend and tie down the top of the plant (LST). I did this with my last grow, as I too ran out of verticle space with my micro-grow. Just make sure you dont break the stem!

Instead of trimming it down, simply bend and tie down the top of the plant (LST). I did this with my last grow, as I too ran out of verticle space with my micro-grow. Just make sure you dont break the stem!

Thanks this has become the plan. I got the bamboo stakes today and I'm all set. Gonna bend em and give it a week before going into flowering

That looks like over-watering to me. You can see some interveinal chlorosis beginning.
IME, when under-watered, the plant does not droop all over, all at once. The droop spreads/travels as the plant gets drier and drier.

I dont know my man. When I transplanted 2 days ago they were bone dry. I use the one inch of dry soil finger test. These 4 ft plants were in 2 gallon pots and sucked the water up every 3 days or so.

I guess I could give that specific plant an extra day or 2 in between waterings and see how she does

I dont know my man. When I transplanted 2 days ago they were bone dry. I use the one inch of dry soil finger test. These 4 ft plants were in 2 gallon pots and sucked the water up every 3 days or so.

I guess I could give that specific plant an extra day or 2 in between waterings and see how she does

I don't do coco so my advice may miss the mark for you, but...
The "finger in the soil" method is not a good way to tell if a plant needs water. In fact, I think it a really bad way to test. Pick up a pot with your soil(less) mix in it that has never been watered. Feel how light it is. That is m/l what your pot should feel like when you water your plant. The water table sits at the very bottom of the pot along with the plant's roots. Dry on the top 1" can still mean drowning in the bottom. Just a thought.
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom