RQSeed's Critical - 336 Watts CFL - Soil - Organic

grillinfosho

Hi everyone, this is my first post. Been lurking for years gathering info for my previous 2 grows. Finally wanted to do a full report so that I can help spread knowledge too. So here we go!

Strain:
Royal Queen Seed's Critical (fem) 60/40 indica dominant.
Soil:
Harvest Organic Potting Soil picked up from Lowe's.
Nutes:
General Organics Go Box (Still awaiting delivery).
Lighting:
42 watt CFLs. Only 4 right now for the little lady, but will be 8 or more in weeks to come. Mixed spectrum, higher blues for vegging, higher warms for flower.
Training:
Started with dreams of a SCROG but then I discovered mainlining, thinking of doing some combination of the two. Input is welcome!
Water:
Tap water left to sit out to get rid of the chlorine. Will be rested and then bubbled with the nutes in weeks to come.
Temps/Humidity:
Not exactly sure, the temps in my home are 65ish lately, the lights are a bit warm but there is heavy airflow in the cabinet.
Stage of Growth:
Vegging for about 2 weeks now.
Odor Control:
The fan pulls the air through my homemade scrubber. PVC stuffed with an activated carbon filled panty hose leg.

My previous grows have been with two plants in the cabinet, pretty much just grown straight up. Used miracle grow and mollases to fertilize with. This grow I am aiming to fill the cabinet full with one plant via a scrog. Using real nutes too, going the "mostly" organic route. I say mostly because I have read that G.O. is not technically all the way organic, it's good enough for me though. Really looking forward to seeing what happens with this grow and sharing it with you all! Input is desired and welcomed, thanks for reading!

20160227_210141.png

The bottom of the cabinet. Pan to catch runoff, computer fan behind pot for air intake, homemade light fixture made from a bathroom vanity.
20160227_210118.png

Little girl.
20160227_210213.png

Outtake fan, with homemade scrubber.
20160227_205754.png

Full cabinet view.

First off, welcome to the community grilln. First post and you've got pics and everything. You'll fit right in!!

I like the setup, simple and effective. You'll be fine with those cfls for a few weeks before more are needed. That's a mighty fine piece of craftsmanship, reps for that cabinet.

You can add your journal as a link in your signature. Check out this TUTORIAL to see how. It will help get traffic to this thread. More traffic equals more helpful folks to be of service to you. Plus it's good to have friends ☺

KiG :green_heart:cheers

So excited, my nutes came today! I've only ever used miracle grow before (I know, I know...) so this is big for me. Anyone have any experience with using the general organics line? Any tips? The plant is looking good, just so damn squat. It's like there's no space between the nodes. We will see what happens once she gets a bit bigger.
20160229_153651.jpg

Be back with some pics of the lady in a few more days. Anyone have a say on whether or not I should do a 1/4 strength feeding? Thanks again everyone for the encouraging words so far, proud to be a part of this community!

Nice set-up!

How did you grow previously? Cfls? If so how many did you use?

I have only grown once before my current grow, started outside and once she started flowering I brought her inside and only used three 42 watt cfls. I don't know how much I got, no scale, but filled four 16 oz mason jars nicely.

Currently, I am only using four 42 watt cfls and accidentally:cheesygrinsmiley: ended up with two plants- which is why I am curious to find out about amount of bulbs I should add if any at all. My closet already gets warm.

Nice set-up!
How did you grow previously? Cfls? If so how many did you use?

I grew previously in this same cabinet. 2 plants at a time in slightly smaller pots. Didn't train them really at all. Ended up practically touching the lights lol. I used cfls, maybe 250-280 watts. Got roughly 2 ounces each time.

This time I am really looking to veg Gretchen out nicely, and train her well and then (hopefully) watch her explode with nugs.

Back
Top Bottom