UltraDan Goes Auto - GSC - Pineapple Express - Indoor LED

Well 420Fam, it feels good to be back!! After taking almost a year off of all forums, I am back with a new grow.

Since my first Fluxed grow (below) I have since had 2 other harvests. All photo period plants. So now, in an effort to increase my knowledge base, and to grow a little faster, I am going to try my hand at autos.

image26629.jpg

So here we go.

The Essentials:
What strain is it? Fast Buds Girls Scout Cookies Auto & Fast Buds Pineapple Express Auto
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Both Indica Dom hybrid
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor. Grown in a 4'x2'x5' Apollo Horticulture Tent
Soil or Hydro? Soil. Fox Farm Ocean Forest with 25% Perlite added
If soil... What size pot? 5 Gallon Smart pots. (no transplanting)
Size of light? LED
Temp of Room/cab? 78-84F
Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farm Trio & Advanced Nutrients

This is going to be a fun grow and should be done rather quick. Both strains are given an approximate finish time of 60 days from seed.

Here we are at Day 2

image11927.jpeg

image11928.jpeg

Thanks for joining!!

Not much going on in the tent. Kind of boring going right now. Lol.

I've been keeping a humidity dome over each seedling and haven't really watered since they were dropped.

Temps are staying around 82° and humidity is high enough in the dome. Not sure exactly what it is, but it's easily ^60%

Here are the 2 girls on day 3

Pineapple Express

420-magazine-mobile2105513527.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies

420-magazine-mobile22353175.jpg

Thanks for looking

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hello Ultra been awhile ah bud & glad to see you back :high-five:

I see you have grow tent, Mmm nice addition with auto's as well those are an interesting learning curve !

I look forwards to seeing the grow progress :green_heart:

Hello Ultra been awhile ah bud & glad to see you back :high-five:

I see you have grow tent, Mmm nice addition with auto's as well those are an interesting learning curve !

I look forwards to seeing the grow progress :green_heart:

Yes, it has been awhile! But, it feels great to be back!

My wife was bugging me about the noise when I had the grow down below the stairs. She was wanting me to move it upstairs so in a tent we went. I am loving it. Much cleaner and easier to maintain conditions.

Thanks for stopping by. These auto's should be fun!

Saw you on another thread so I thought I'd pop in and see what your up too. I'm subbed :popcorn: I have a question if you don't mind. I've only grown seeds that are photoperiod, what is the difference when growing an auto? What would be the pro's and con's? And how do they make the seeds different when breeding them? Sorry for all the questions, you can only answer the first one if you like lol. I like your set up by the way! :blunt:

Good to see ya back,I'll take a seat and watch.Ill also be popping 2 GSC auto's in a couple weeks

It's good to be back man. Thanks for joining. Hopefully this journal will give you a good idea of GSC's temperament.

Saw you on another thread so I thought I'd pop in and see what your up too. I'm subbed :popcorn: I have a question if you don't mind. I've only grown seeds that are photoperiod, what is the difference when growing an auto? What would be the pro's and con's? And how do they make the seeds different when breeding them? Sorry for all the questions, you can only answer the first one if you like lol. I like your set up by the way! :blunt:

Well, this is my first run of auto's so I am going to learn the difference as I grow.

I would say the pros of growing an autoflowering plant over a photoperiod plant, is that an auto does not need a light change to start flowering. It will begin to flower as soon as it is mature. It also grows to fruition a lot faster than a photo. Most seed to harvest times are 50-70 days, which is typically what the only flowering period is for photos.

The cons- you can't stress them or train them as much. If you have a perpetual garden, you cannot clone an auto, so it can get expensive because you can only grow an auto from seed.

Autoflowering plants are bred with the ruderalis Cannabis plant, which is found in northern climates like Cananda. Because of the long days through the spring and summer, the ruderalis plant has adapted to be able to produce flowers without a light (season) change.

I'm sure there are a lot more pros and cons that I will discover as we go. Lol.

UltraDan Goes Auto - GSC / Pineapple Express - Indoor - Platinum P450

Autos have moved an a bit now Dan, people are topping them and using fairly heavy training. Thebeast27 has a great thread going HERE. There used to be a member here called Atrain who grew some epic autos wining POTM a couple of times. I wonder what happened to him?

That's what I've heard. I think Light Addict had an auto flux journal going as well. I would love to get to that level of comfort with autos to start heavy stressing them.

But for now, they will just get light LST

... Or maybe ..

Back
Top Bottom