UltraDan Goes Auto - GSC - Pineapple Express - Indoor LED

UPDATE! Day 7

Not much has changed, both are still working on there second set of leaves. Tonight is the first day of a decent watering. Up to this point, they have only received light topsoil misting and humidity domes. I want those roots searchin!!! lol.

So tonight the each received 1/2 gallon of water w/ SNS 604A - root supplement. Recommended strength is 7mL/gal, I gave 5mL per gallon. Not sure if this will do much, but I've heard decent things about it.

I think the biggest hurdle for a successful auto grow is getting the roots to fill out FAST!! So, I am doing anything I can to promote a healthy root system.

I gave each about 1/4 of gallon and then returned about a half hour later and watered the other 1/4 gallon. I only watered the immediate 6-8 inches around the plant, not the entire smart pot. I feel that would keep too much moisture in the soil for this period of growth. This will also allow me to water again with fresh water in just a few days. at that time I will fill the container.

The tent with and without domes.

SAM_01761.JPG

SAM_01771.JPG

Pineapple Express

SAM_01752.JPG

SAM_01702.JPG

Girl Scout Cookies

SAM_01713.JPG

SAM_01745.JPG

I've been looking at a few journals from the web today on the fast buds gsc auto's and wow there are some nice grows out the here and Pineapple Express is pretty famous from everyone who has tried it.From what I've read they both have a pretty stinky smell to them near the end so hope your scrubber (and mine) can handle it

Yep! My wife and I are really excited about the Pineapple Express. Never had it, but we've heard good things.

I have a 6" carbon filter with a 6" 440cfm fan. I have it venting out of my tent and down into my laundry room. I've had some stinky plants and never had an issue.

Oh, that brings up a good question. Anyone know how long you should go before replacing the carbon in a filter?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I had to upgrade mine allready after 3 grows(4inch canfan) and still get a slight smell if I'm looking for it(berry bomb is super stinky but yum) They are suppose to last 2 years of continuous use.Hoping to get my gsc in cubes by the end of the week:)

Sweet! I'll be sure to follow along! :thumb:

I was thinking it was around 2 years. That puts me pretty close after this grow. So, depending on how stinky these 2 are, I might be refilling it during this grow.

Tried to grow the pineapple express twice. Came up male both times. Will have to try again some time. :passitleft:

If this one comes up male then Herbie and I will have words. Lol.

Mine came as a 3 pack from barney's farm. Said it was my training first time and they didn't acknowledge the 3 emails i sent after the second. I won't be buying anything from barney's again. I'd love to grow one tho.

I got these from Herbies single seeds. They are by Fast Buds and the Pineapple cost about $11 for one seed. I think a 3 pack was $30ish.

Ok, Auto growers I've got a question for ya!

When is the best time to switch on flower LED's for a more round light spectrum? And, what typical light cycle yields faster growth for autos? 20/4 , 18/6 , 16/8 , 12/12 , GLR?

I'm 5 pages late, but I hope to find a seat in the corner.
Looking great UD! :reading420magazine:

Nah mate, I need you up front! Thanks for joining Major!

If there is one person less experienced with autos than you, it's me. :cheesygrinsmiley: Never grew one - never even seen one in person. You will rock this grow!

Ok, Auto growers I've got a question for ya!

When is the best time to switch on flower LED's for a more round light spectrum? And, what typical light cycle yields faster growth for autos? 20/4 , 18/6 , 16/8 , 12/12 , GLR?

Consider the source (no auto experience), but I like more light at all times. As long as heat is controlled, I have a hard time seeing how a broader spectrum could be a bad thing in any phase of any grow. No idea on most efficient photoperiod for autos.

That's kind of the way I was thinking. But, I have also heard that there should be SOME dark for the plant to rest. I'm just not sure if 4 hours is enough, or if we should go to 6.

I have concluded that there is no reason not to turn on the Bloom switch, so I will do that tonight.

Back
Top Bottom