UltraDan Goes Auto - GSC - Pineapple Express - Indoor LED

I agree plants should get a nap each day. In nature, most latitudes where serious farming is possible, max out at about 18 hours of light per day (or considerably less). I think that is a good compromise.

That's kind of the way I am leaning as well. Plus, the extra 2 hours of dark during the hot Florida midday should help to keep temps a little lower in the tent.

I wonder what ATrain ran his autos under. I might have to do some digging to pull up an old journal...

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

While we wait for these ladies to grow a little faster, here is a teaser pic into my plans for the next grow project... It's gonna be a doozie

420-magazine-mobile1348285207.jpg

:peace:

The only significant difference I've seen between 18/6 and 20/4 for auto's has been trimming my photo veg mothers more lol. As for spectrum I've been leaving both veg and bloom mode on. Probably don't really need to being that half the tent is veg and half is auto. There's a few other veg lights in there. I may try that for the next run, but so far it's a case of if it works don't fix it. :)

I've done 18/6 for all my auto's and usually around the 16hr mark you can see them start to need a sleep later in veg.Some auto's actually yield better by dropping light hours to 12-16 when they flower but from what I've read 18/6 all the way with what your growing.On your lighting,i found veg lighting will keep them shorter and makes it harder to get light to the inner branches before flowering so I usually turn on both lights around the end of second week which opens them up and gives enough time for the inner branches to catch up to the top.If you going hard with LST both lights from start.Put mine in today so hopefully popping their heads in 3-5 days:)

I've done 18/6 for all my auto's and usually around the 16hr mark you can see them start to need a sleep later in veg.Some auto's actually yield better by dropping light hours to 12-16 when they flower but from what I've read 18/6 all the way with what your growing.On your lighting,i found veg lighting will keep them shorter and makes it harder to get light to the inner branches before flowering so I usually turn on both lights around the end of second week which opens them up and gives enough time for the inner branches to catch up to the top.If you going hard with LST both lights from start.Put mine in today so hopefully popping their heads in 3-5 days:)

Thanks Toddosh! I do plan on using LST, and I'm still up in the air about topping them. Still not sure if it will help or inhibit growth.

UPDATE: DAY 9

So this is actually yesterdays update, but I was too tired to post last night. lol.

Last night they each were turned 180 degrees, lights were raised about 2" due to GSC showing some heat stress. Bloom switch is now on providing full spectrum and the lights are now on 18/6.

I checked on them this morning and the broader light spectrum puts off more heat and raised the temps to about 84, so I turned on my cool mist humidifier to help keep the temps a little cooler.

Soil is still moist. I expect to be able to give them a good watering in about 2 days.

Pictures:

420-magazine-mobile769228194.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2079609655.jpg

Pineapple Express

420-magazine-mobile185452956.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1322684623.jpg

420-magazine-mobile82377853.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies

420-magazine-mobile1378367095.jpg

420-magazine-mobile601637429.jpg

I will update again tonight for Day 10. I want to see if the first cycle of full spectrum and 6 hours of dark increase its growth very much. I know, it's the first day, but I want to compare. LOL

Only 9 days? Looking GREAT!

Wow they must be pretty heat sensitive if 82 is showing heat stress like that.Im lucky if I actually get less than that.With what node to top at this year I topped the 5th so had 4 nodes but last year I topped/fimmed my northern lights at day 20 which gave me an extra set of branches and payed off.From what I've found so far with my auto's is the usually go into flower around 28-35 days so at least 1 week before that to bush out for a more even canopy.

I try to top above the node with at least 5-bladed leaves.

Wow they must be pretty heat sensitive if 82 is showing heat stress like that.Im lucky if I actually get less than that.With what node to top at this year I topped the 5th so had 4 nodes but last year I topped/fimmed my northern lights at day 20 which gave me an extra set of branches and payed off.From what I've found so far with my auto's is the usually go into flower around 28-35 days so at least 1 week before that to bush out for a more even canopy.

Thanks Toddosh! They are 10 days old, so I will top within the next 3 or so days. That should give them a solid 2 weeks to bush out.

I try to top above the node with at least 5-bladed leaves.

It looks like both are establishing their first 5 sided leaf set now. So in approximately 3 days or so I will plan on topping.

Back
Top Bottom