UltraDan Goes Auto - GSC - Pineapple Express - Indoor LED

Thanks fellas.

Another quick update.

Last night on Day 22 they both received 2 gallons of water each having
2mL Tiger Bloom
1mL CaliMagic
1/8tg tsp Open Sesame

Both are looking happy and healthy this morning.

Pineapple Express
420-magazine-mobile1438219312.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1883595143.jpg

420-magazine-mobile981325180.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies
420-magazine-mobile171977148.jpg

420-magazine-mobile811776680.jpg

420-magazine-mobile209855474.jpg

Together in the tent

420-magazine-mobile1232390525.jpg

:tokin:

They are bushing out really nice.Also they are starting to flower super quick,the quickest auto I've had to start to flower is day 28

I'm actually kind of bummed that they started flowering so soon. It could have been caused by the stress of topping them, but I'm not really sure. The GSC is still mainly just showing preflowers, but the PE is budding already.

I have a feeling PE is gonna be much smaller than I anticipated.

Late subber, I'm here to learn, keep up the good work

Thanks for stopping in AKroughneck!
Feel free to ask anything

hey UltraDan.....great job you're doing.....I on the other hand can't figure out why I'm failing. I germinated 3 alcapulco gold seeds,all 3 had nice taproots but only one actually grew and one partially came above ground and the last never showed. As you know I'm trying to grow 3 WW autos, well the very same thing happened again, the very same thing exactly. I'm using FFOF soil with a mix of perlite for good measure. I've fed them nothing and I'm not over watering. So what the heck am I doin wrong? Please help a brother out.:helpsmilie:

hey UltraDan.....great job you're doing.....I on the other hand can't figure out why I'm failing. I germinated 3 alcapulco gold seeds,all 3 had nice taproots but only one actually grew and one partially came above ground and the last never showed. As you know I'm trying to grow 3 WW autos, well the very same thing happened again, the very same thing exactly. I'm using FFOF soil with a mix of perlite for good measure. I've fed them nothing and I'm not over watering. So what the heck am I doin wrong? Please help a brother out.:helpsmilie:

Hmm.. Are you putting them directly into the soil? If so, how deep down and are you covering them with soil? How much? My soil stays extremely dry during the seedling stage. I lightly mist the top of the soil a bit and keep a humidity dome over them, but that's it. I think the first time these were watered was on day 12, and even then it was only a little bit.

What type of germination method are you using?

Soil...1/4 -1/8 in, deep...cover very lightly...I gave it a major watering, letting it drain thoroughly before putting seeds in...after that I let it dry completely by feeling weight of cup before I water again...was under humidity dome and then the one that survived sprouted first....then the partial one seem to just stop growing...the third just never lived......I used the tried and true paper towel method. What size pot did you start with?

With these auto's I went directly into 5 gal smart pots. But the soil was not wet at all. I put maybe 1/4 cup of water right around where the seeds get planted, but that's all. And then just misting the soil as needed to increase humidity.

The only thing I can think is that by flooding the soil with water, you are introducing more nutrients for uptake during a very delicate stage of life. I think this is the reason so many people say FFOF is too "hot". But if you lightly water, then they will uptake less. IMO at least. Aside from a Mag deficiency, these two have showed no other sign of stress or burn.

Sounds about right UD. I think the reason my auto was slow growing was because of that. With the next one I just got the soil semi wet left some space and watered around the out side of the pot. She's poking he head up now so I'll update that later. Girls are looking great by the way:thumb:

With these auto's I went directly into 5 gal smart pots. But the soil was not wet at all. I put maybe 1/4 cup of water right around where the seeds get planted, but that's all. And then just misting the soil as needed to increase humidity. I swear I learn something new every time i check some other member's grow out. Thx Ultra Dan...I should be fine now.:Namaste:

The only thing I can think is that by flooding the soil with water, you are introducing more nutrients for uptake during a very delicate stage of life. I think this is the reason so many people say FFOF is too "hot". But if you lightly water, then they will uptake less. IMO at least. Aside from a Mag deficiency, these two have showed no other sign of stress or burn.
Thx again Ultra, must be a strong plant to survive hot soil, I learn something new everyday:Namaste: I don't know how my post ended up in the middle of yours lol

Thx again Ultra, must be a strong plant to survive hot soil, I learn something new everyday:Namaste: I don't know how my post ended up in the middle of yours lol

I don't really think it's too hot, just gotta make sure our little ladies don't get overwhelmed during their first few days.

And don't worry about the posting. It happens to me all the time. Lol

Holy Smokes those plants took off quick! I have a chemdawg and tangie auto (both freebies) that I might have to pop on my next grow. This will be a good reference, subbed :)

Thanks for stopping by!! This is my first run of Auto's and so far I am really impressed.

Update: Day 24 F4

No big changes. Just wanting to update the pictures for my own records. They are probably still 2-3 days away from their next watering/ feed.

Pineapple Express

420-magazine-mobile545741036.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1116897986.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2014609293.jpg

GSC

420-magazine-mobile583448032.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1819721663.jpg

420-magazine-mobile592609646.jpg

In the Tent

420-magazine-mobile1395029774.jpg

looks really nice UltraDan, good job (and that's from someone who haven't been able to bring GSC past 2 weeks old ;-) ) congrats :)

The watering trick that Ultradan is giving on that page is the "secret" to succeed in growing something with "cookie" in its name :)

Back
Top Bottom