1080w LED Inferno

thanks turttle for the time taken to answer much appreciated hope i can get this one sorted else no hps for me i think or maybe a weakling 250w

If you wish to run a HPS light, you might take a look at WheeloFortune's more recent grows. He has a water-cooled light setup that you could wrap your hands around all day long. Silent, too. But pricey. He uses the Fresca Sol brand.

BtW, many people use a 600-watt light in a 1-meter square grow. That's ~10.76 square feet. So the amount of light wouldn't necessarily be too much. Just the heat, if uncontrolled. You'd only be looking at ~67 watts of HPS light per square foot, which isn't a whole lot.

Wow 80 pages and just started flowering.. amazing!!! Awesome job irish!
thanks!

I forgot to say in these pics the lights are around 15" and the plants are around 20" tall

DAY 11 FLOWER.

the canopy is filling in very nice and full

100_2511_600x449.JPG

100_2513_600x449.JPG

100_2519_600x449.JPG

100_2523_600x449.JPG

100_2514_600x449.JPG

Just looking too perfect if there is such a thing. If I did not know it was you I would think that was one plant cloned in photoshopped over and over. Very nice job.

Just looking too perfect if there is such a thing. If I did not know it was you I would think that was one plant cloned in photoshopped over and over. Very nice job.

LMAO that a good one!

thanks man, i am very pleased with how smooth things are going right now:wood: the thing i am curious to see is how the plants on the far right my runt is going to turm out because she wasn't tied down, so if things can match my LST plants then i could save 2 weeks on veg just by letting her grow straight up. i have high hopes for her because she not a dense with her canopy as the others are since they were LST and theirs tons of foliage blocking stuff. she's more oped up with the light. all the plants were lollipoped also

I don't have anything to say about your grow at this point - other than, "Lookin' GOOOOOD" (anyone remember Chico and the Man, lol?).

But I've been reading what I could on LEDs and in so doing I stumbled on some of your older grows at another site. And I quickly realized why you're here now. (And reaffirmed that I'm glad that I hang here too!) Looks like you expended a lot of effort and didn't get much "love" in return.

You obviously don't have that problem here. Thanks for being a member of 420Magazine!

I don't have anything to say about your grow at this point - other than, "Lookin' GOOOOOD" (anyone remember Chico and the Man, lol?).

But I've been reading what I could on LEDs and in so doing I stumbled on some of your older grows at another site. And I quickly realized why you're here now. (And reaffirmed that I'm glad that I hang here too!) Looks like you expended a lot of effort and didn't get much "love" in return.

You obviously don't have that problem here. Thanks for being a member of 420Magazine!

ya theirs some old grows that ive done in the past that were before i was a member here, but with the other sites ive just ran into trouble makers and at the end the BS wasn't worth my time posting all the pics and info when others did have respect. no site come close to matching 420 mag. dont get me wrong ive met some good folks in my grows but most of them have joined here to watch my grows and quickly feel in love with this forum.
Their lights seem to be nice but I would never trust a company that makes bogus claims like that. No way in hell a 300w LED can match a 1000w HID, no way in hell. I have seen that same bogus statement time and time again, companies like that come and go. Good luck. BTW

Awesome looking plants Irish, they look superb!:slide:

Ya i for one dont trust that company, from what i read they are trying way too hard to sale their lights and hype them up. ive been messing with other led company's for a while and learned what to watch out for and some of those things were said on their site. i am not saying their not good because i dont know but i for sure would buy them! way too many sales pitches on their site for me. i rather stick with whats tried and trued and what ive seen with my own eyes from mikes lights. but thats just me. I wish you the best of luck with ur lights.

ya i agree with LED-FREAK and irish. i have no first hand experiance with leds but from the grows i have seen it seems to me that leds are comprable to hid lights watt for watt but when they make those claims that 120watt led=400watt hid i mean maybe it can veg as well and if it is as good as the 400 hid it should be the same price lol

Damn, those really are some nice lookin ladies...

I guess I'm a little partial to customspectrum.com because I got such a killer deal and the lights have worked so well. However, I looked seriously at what I considered the top led companies: Stealth Grow, Advanced Led, Grow It Led, Grow Led Hydro, Custom Spectrum, and a couple others I'm sure I'm leaving out...

The bottom line is this: they all have damn near the same housing, its the amount, spectrum, quality, wattage, and actual bulb wattage that matters.

Just besause a company is new doesn't mean they can't have a better product. Apple was a new company once, too.
Anyway, I looked closely at the two companies products and will give a simple breakdown of what I see:

Growjedhydro.co ) CustomSpectrum.com
)
model 600 ) 1260
)
# of LEDs 576 ) 576
)
actual watts 700w ) 700w
)
type of chip 3w3 ) 3w3
)
Price 1999,oo ) 1999,oo

This looks at grow led hydro's top model, however, Custom Spectrum also has at least two other models that pull an amazing 900w and 1200w!
Yes, that is actual watts. So while they may have some standard advertising to catch the eye they obviously are the only company that even sells lights that can pull that kind of actual wattage. It seems like maybe these old companies are trying to get rid of their backstock of older technology at the expense of progress.

Also, customspectrum is the only company with veg and flower models as well as the option to choose either 8, 13, or 19 spectrum lights.

In fact, after doing all the research to tell you this I wish I had waited and picked up one of the newer custom spectrum lights.

Anyone interested in a good deal on my old lights..? :peacetwo:
(not a serious offer, but check ebay soon ;)

they all have the same housing because their made in china. its all about the nm the company use and how they aply it. even though that company has 900w or whatever its better to go with more smaller units then one big unit IMO. i am liking my two 300's over my old 600w unit. but either way with that company they can claim all they want but until i see a few growers from some trusted growers i dont care what they say. let the grow journals and pics do all the speaking. ive seen way too many company's say this and that and growers say this and that but at the end the results never make my jar drop. i mean on my last grow i got 19oz from 4 plants with the 600w unit and that was legit for me. this round should be allot better. becarful with the company's that offer a veg only light, the good lights should do all fine, i couldn't ask for a better veg light then the HGL lights and they also flower very well also.

until i see some great results from these new company's i dont even bother to pay attention to them. if these compays want to prove their products then they should send some free test lights out to trusted members.

ill change my mind when i see leds grow better plants then these from my last grow
HINDU_SKUNK_2_005_600x543.jpg

HINDU_SKUNK_2_006_600x534.jpg

63_days_of_flowering_009_600x449.jpg

close_up_pics_1_600x449.jpg

close_up_pics_2_600x449.jpg

The company that you're spamming for makes some pretty outrageous claims on its website. That's generally a sign to run far, run fast, run now. It's like "As Seen on TV!" - not likely to produce a great number of sales to the non-gullible.

Their maths are somewhat shaky.

It looks like their LEDs - which are quite bright and efficient at the voltages/current that the manufacturer designed them to operate at - are being overdriven which, although it increases gross output, hurts both their efficiency and their useful lifetime.

And it would likely be far more efficient to spread the illumination from their larger panels out by splitting them into two or three separate panels - but then they couldn't advertise having a "1728-watt" light.

Just catching up Irish. Looking good man! I'm suprised at how little stretch you have going on there when you consider the heat they're dealing with. Just curious how much more vertical room do you have to use down the road? .V.

Just catching up Irish. Looking good man! I'm suprised at how little stretch you have going on there when you consider the heat they're dealing with. Just curious how much more vertical room do you have to use down the road? .V.

its crazy how they do little stretching. when this strain was grown with HPS or with my old HGL 126w it stretches allot allot. its some thing thats in mikes light that keeps them short i guess? i have all the head room i can ask for so i am good on that one.

hey irish i have a question about the hempy pots do you need a hydro set up or can you hand water them?
i was thinking a 2gal with a 2 1/2gal under it with the bottom half gallon filled with perlite and hemp hurd would somthing like that work?

hey irish i have a question about the hempy pots do you need a hydro set up or can you hand water them?
i was thinking a 2gal with a 2 1/2gal under it with the bottom half gallon filled with perlite and hemp hurd would somthing like that work?

no you can just hand water them. all you need is a 3gal bucket with a hole drilled 2" from the bottom for a res. i have no clue what hemp heard is? but if you use a 2.5 gal bucket just drill a 2" hole from the bottom and use ur medium and you'll be good to go

OK, First, let me say your plants and the whole room are lookin tits!

Now - cook those bastages! Fry 'em! Nah - just kidding.

I have tried to keep up, but I'm not sure I have. Would you mind doing a super quick summary of your cooling/vent as it stands right now. Also, any thoughts on the lights re: heat.

The gals are really looking as good as they could look. I know you thought heat was gonna be your issue, but at 81 degrees it sounds like you've got it beat. And the plants look healthy as crap!

:goodjob::hookah::morenutes::tokin::peacetwo:

ok cool cuz i dont have space for a pump and a reservoir
so ill need to have a catch for drainage?
oh man i just dawned on me, are you using just one bucket per plant with a drain hole near the bottom it?
Hemp hurd is the inside of the stalk from industrial hemp. It's like really lite wood chips almost straw like. its supposed to be porous so water and nutrients can pass through and naturally bacteria and mold resistant. so i have read. :tokin:

ps more pix soon?:cool:

Back
Top Bottom