1970's Latest & Greatest Organic Sativa Grow

re: 1970's Latest & Greatest Blue Planet Nutrients Organic Sativa Grow

wooo hoooo p maroc is in da house!!! (we hope) sweet you and i have lings poppin bout the same time i just put a dozen in germ first 6 2 days ago next today i ran a poll to help me decide that was fun and members picked 4 of my strains! you will not believe my luck someone i donate meds to all the time gifted me a huge (to me) grow tent and one of those big ass t5 grow lights!! brand new in the box!! pics in my journal, now i have 3 tents! sheesh you would think im a grower of something lol, im excited to see these strains of yours grow out, gonna be fun, i been doing lots of videos as this journal is titled a video grow, and im back mixing super soil ala bid style heavy on the coco thank you! lol and brewing up crazy organic living nutrients ,been researching and hitting the books trying to become a soil biologist! ,trying to grow my own food indoors too, ya gots to come over to the dirty side, all us dirty white/etc boys are here ,,just do it man, it will make you cool! (insert peer pressure) lol
ok ok i'll leave you alone....for now...you know i'll be back to see those babies and check in with my 70s gitfiddle playin buddy,,,dont make get all mushy and give you a big sloppy kiss!!! lol ewww i chew redman too!!

have them seeds popped yet mate, i had some that did pop using paper towel method, so after 4 days i was going to throw them out, but instead i threw them in some soil and forgot about them then 4 days later i noticed something growing out the soil, and both seeds had grown so they took longer and popped when in soil, so this time round i never used paper towel method, i planted them all in soil, i only buried them as deep as the seed so only had a small amount of soil above them, then i kept giving them a spray every day to kee the top part of soil moist, and withing 48 hours all seeds where growing out the soil, now what i did with the ak47 seeds is use a sharp knife and scrape it around the edge of the seed, you know the edge where the seed opens, well these ak47 cross uk cherry cheese where dificult to get growing, so i decided to try something, so i ran a shapr knife around the edge of the seed and planted them, then these seeds grew within 48 hours as well, so ive got to admit the seeds pop and grow quicker when planted without any soak time.

plus i have been reading that when using regular seeds you have higher male ratio when using paper towel method as the tap root becomes damaged when transplanting, the root has tiny hairs and these get damaged and this seems to give higher male to fem ratio, not sure how true this is but i planted all my regular seeds to get them out the way so ill find out in a few weeks what i have got

so far i think root riot/rapid rooters plugs are the best seed popper ever its like soil and paper towel rockwool all rolled into one no need to disturb the taproot,you can peek if you want, they have benifical fungi in them and seeds love em' got germ confirmed on almost all 12 in under 24 and no fussing with them, i think its my new method for sure and rockwool as a backup ,:thumb:

ill pick some up and give them a try, i just changed my mind about the paper towel method when i was reading about the tap root getting damaged when transplanting, but them rapid rooters dont stress the roots do they as you just transplant the whole rooter, its something ill give a try mate

THe latest.... I had 2 strains that would not pop. Yesterday the newest germinating Hawiian Snow popped, is planted and is erect above the soil. Still nothing on the Tangerine Dream.

Purple Maroc came up out of the dirt wierd... The tap root comes out of the dirt 3/4" then goes back in forming a loop above the soil. Then finally the Cotyledons came out of the dirt at dirt level. Its still alive and if the cotyledons get a little further above the visible tap root, I will gently cover it. This one is definitely stressed. If it makes it I will watch for Hermy.

I give the girls about 30 squirts from a spray bottle set to mist. I do this each day. They are still covered with baggies to keep in the moisture. Since its the weekend and I can check on them frequently, I am going to pull the baggies when I water today.

I actually have some rapid rooters I bought when I was contemplating Hydro for this grow. Thanks for the tip. I am going to drop the last 3 seeds that didn't germinate into rapid rooters stuck in my soil mixed party cups and forget about them. Maybe something will happen.

Great tips guys! Thanks,

Happy to be along for the ride. It's always an education reading your journals brother.

Its great to have you here. Stick arround... I am just getting ready to pass you the bong. Cough-Cough.:roorrip:

I took some pics of Purple Maroc. Let me know what you think I should be doing to save her. Its my only seed of this strain.

At germination the cotyledons came out first. THe taproot stayed in the seed. I planted it as it was and this is what I have now.

Purp_Maroc_007.JPG

Purp_Maroc_003.JPG

Purp_Maroc_001.JPG

Purp_Maroc_002.JPG

It looks like the taproot has been toking the good stuff. It doesn't know which end is up. It looks like its trying to strangle the rest of the plant. I gently moved the taproot off the plant and added a small bit of dirt... not enough to cover the taproot, but enought to cover the tip of the taproot. My hope is that once the tip finds how nice it is under the dark soil it will continue to go deeper. Hell I am clueless on this one.

Rub some 'dirt' in you hand to make it fine, no vermiculite.
Prop the leaf away from the dirt using a split toothpick or a reworked paper clip.
Gently bury as much of the stem, but not leaf, as possible with fine dirt.
Damp the fine dirt with every inpection, maybe with your chosen roota elixir, but not the leaf.
Dome or not, whatever you feel, (I think it could induce mouldy white fluff )

Jobs's a good un.

Glad on a purely selfish level that you've embarked on a new chapter :circle-of-love:

Ajagunle... Thanks for stopping by and giving me an idea. I will give this a try and post up a picture later.

i had an auto that grew at ground level, it never had the tap root pop out the soil as well though, it just grew and the leaves grew at soil level, it took 3 weeks for the plant to grow 1 inch, each node was right on top of the other, the leaves looked like they had been placed on top of the others, after about week 3 it started to grow normal, but for an auto it took longer than it should to flower, nearly 3 times as long, not sure what happened, it was a nice smoke but low yield and the plant struggled to grow, but after week 3 it picked up, then it took ages to enter flower stage,

Overdue update. It amazes me how the these things are so fragile the first week. After the first week they just explode. Its like I open the doors to my cab one morning and OMG how did they get that big overnight. ...and its the same story every morning for the next few days.

I am down to 11 strains as the Greenhouse Seeds Hawiian Snow did not germinate. I germinated two seeds of this strain and got nothing. This is a major disapointment as this was my first choice amoung all strains in this grow. My only other non germinating seed was a Tangerine Dream. Luckily I had a second seed that I germinated 3 days after the rest.

Here is a shot of the girls on Saturday Morning 11 days after planting the first seed of the batch in dirt.

trasplant_day_11_and_12_004.JPG

trasplant_day_11_and_12_003.JPG

That same day I decided to transplant into 1 gallon square containers. THese are perfect cabinet containers as they are only 5.5" sqare. and you can jam alot of these into a small space. My cabinet is 12" deep x 42" wide. I can easily get 12 of these one gallon square containers in the this cabinet. I used straight Fox Farm Ocean forest soil for these containers that are just a temporyary veg home.

Eventually they will go into 3 or 5 gallon pots just prior to 12/12 with a special soil mix.

Here is a shot of everything one day after transplant.
trasplant_day_11_and_12_019.JPG

trasplant_day_11_and_12_015.JPG

trasplant_day_11_and_12_014.JPG

trasplant_day_11_and_12_013.JPG

trasplant_day_11_and_12_012.JPG

trasplant_day_11_and_12_011.JPG

trasplant_day_11_and_12_010.JPG

trasplant_day_11_and_12_009.JPG

These 3 are a little slower so I did not transplant them...

Purple Maroc, the breach baby, is coming arround nicely since I moved and coverd the tap root. Tangerine Dream is about 3-4 days younger than the rest as my first seed of this strain did not germinate.
Strawberry Haze had an issue where the cotyledons stuck to each other not letting the second set of leaves come out. I had to perform surgery to cut of the part where they were stuck together. Its a little stunted. Then I dropped the damn cup its in so I though ...enough and just let it be for a few more days.
trasplant_day_11_and_12_020.JPG

Mistakes NOT to make next grow that I made this grow...
1. Do not spray the leaves when watering. I have some burn spots where the water acted like a magnifying glass and burned a few spots.

2. Get water to the bottom of the cup sooner. At first I just try to keep them wet with a spray bottle the first few days. Its a great way to be gentle with the soil arround the tap root. However, if you don't get water deep enough, the tap root is slow going to the bottom. At about 3-4 days, its time to pull the baggies off and water gently by pouring from a soda bottle. The root will go deeper sooner. I went about 7 days and as soon as I watered with the soda bottle instead of the sprayer these girls started growing really fast.

3. Keep the Jew Kush away from the Holy Grail 69. :)

you got a lot going on, this is going to be a good grow to follow, cant wait to see these explode with growth

looking great again!

looking great again!

How have you been? Thanks for stopping buy again! Do you have anything growing? Both journals in your sig are complete, thats why I ask. Let me know when you get a chance.

lol jew kush :rofl: that stall in growth 1st week is massive root growth, in coco i have had it last only 3-4 days and the cups are full,and roots poking out the bottom in a week from trans from root plugs you gotta try the plugs next time, the one thing i have found thats better than paper towels ! im sold for good, lol the babies are looking good im thrilled the maroc made it, im so stoked for you to grow her and i can help i hope if theres any issues, im interested in all your choices but i keen on hearing how you like pm, well im out for now keep rocking the grow brother 70s!:thumb::high-five:

70's - Just finding your journal for the first time. I'd love the follow along.

Plants look real happy and healthy - keep up the great work.

I loved the comment about the breach presentation - that was a perfect description.

JASPL:peace:

Heck yea hang arround for a while and have a few puffs. Its nice to have others to share with. For a while I thought I was going to have to bogart this thing for myself. :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom