1st Grow - 4 Strains - 2'x3' Closet - CFL Veg - Mars-Hydro Reflector Flower

hey there everyone!
heres some pics of the last bud finally chopped from the maui waui.
i let one flower go a little longer to test difference of effect with amber triches, but as bud doc above mentioned, the plants dont look healthy enough to continue (theyve been flushign for over twoo weeks already). i havent seen much difference in triches. just slightly more cloudy, and the ones that were amber filled in more, but not realy any new ambers.
i saw the bud was starting to look 'tired' (like my durban poison buds after they went too long), so i chopped it.
heres some pics.
(P.S. should i post smoke reports for the strains now, or after theyre all 2 months cured in a jar?
0071719.JPG
0042208.JPG
0012512.JPG

Just grow them twice as big :laughtwo:

yeah. i definately think to LST only once next time.
i saw the difference in growth between the two plants i LST'd twice. and the maui waui which i just LST'd once. such a big difference.
in my setup, its not nescesary to lst twice here.

Honestly the more you stress train the more top areas you can create, so you may not get that one big cola but you should achieve more bud sites. I like the LST very young and top 2 or 3 times then a supercropping before I put them into flower to slow the stretch down.

Oops. What I meant to say was, that I want to only top one time next time, early.
I found, that with good lst'ng, I really had no need to top twice. I liked the uniformity of the plant I tipped once, verses the twonthat I topped twice

hey there everyone! long time no write... ;)
update:
the buds have been curing in jars.
yield was much less than expected.
durban poison: around 25 grams
Maui waui: around 14 grams
medi haze: around 18 grams
and around 40 grams of trim and fan leaves (plan on doing BHO extract)

im guess that the low yields has to do with:
A)all the heavy heat and light fluctuations in the begining of growth
B)very untimelly repotting a few times in growth
C)Mixup with Nutes, overnuting, then overflushing. and flushing incorectly at end of growth. so plants didnt have nutes to finish properly
D)i just discovered, the room isnt light proof. theres plenty of leaks...
E)all other random noob mistakes...

in any case. im really happy with this first grow. it was an awesome learning experience. i got much more than my initial minimum expectations (10 grams a plant ;) ), and im really looking to laerning from my mistakes and improving in the future.
and most important, the buds are really super top notch. even the durban poison which looks all messed up, has a nice natural anise smell (as its supposed to), and the high is unique.

i had a friend whos a pro photographer. he came over wiht his macro lense and snapped some good shots of the dry buds.

so heres some pics. ill try to add smoke reports later on: ENJOY!
THIS IS MY PRIZED PIC. MAUI WAUI!!!! (think i could win any contests with this photo?)
ALP0681.jpg

heres a bunch of mixed pics of Maui and Medi haze. ill try to organize them later.
(tip: the maui is whiter overall. the triches on the medi haze or much darker. almost orange)

ALP0666.jpg

ALP0661.jpg

ALP0665.jpg

ALP0669.jpg
ALP0667.jpg
]
ALP0659.jpg
ALP0684.jpg
ALP0664.jpg

ALP0670.jpg

DURBAN POISON
ALP0668.jpg

ALP0662.jpg

Hey HappyJoy. That's great! For a first grow- learning completely from scratch and building the whole setup as you went - I think should be patting yourself on the back. You asked about a billion questions but apparently you also listened to some of the answers :thumb: stuck around, keep growing and you'll be the one answering questions. +reps (again)

hey there everyone.
ive got a quick question.
if y'all remember, my durban poison did the late hermie thing. it had nanners and made itself its own seeds.
(i noticed afterwards that it was right next to the power strip which had a little red light shining at night, so probably that was the issue)

the MAUI WAUI plant was right next to the durban. and one flower of the maui, which was almost practically touching the durban, had made one seed. the maui definately did not hermie. and theres just this one seed.
is it likely that the seed on the MAUI, is due to being polinated from a nanner from the durban P? or is it more likely that the maui had a single case of a nanner, and the seed is just a maui seed?

the reason im excited about this, is because, durban poison is a very early flowering sativa. (8 weeks flower max. i let it go over 10 and it really over did it...). its a known thing, to cross durban poison, with other late flowering sativas, to help make them flower earlier.
so being that the maui is my favorite smoke so far, but it took around 11 weeks of flower, im super excited, by the thought that perhaps this little seed, is a mix between durban p, and maui....

another funny thing is that the little seed fell out in between fingers when i found it while harvesting (several weeks ago), and it fell into the pot of soil the maui was in, and immediately got lost in the soil. the flower pot has been sitting outside in the sun for several weeks, ever since the harvest (it was full of thrips and fungus gnats, so i made sure it got dry and got tons of hot sun).
a few days ago, after painstakingly searching through the soil hoping to find that maui seed, i got the bright idea, to try to water the soil, and hopefully if the seed was still there, perhaps it would germinate. so i watered the pot, and forgot about it. around five days later, i walked by the pot and thought maybe ill take a look. and i just saw this little tiny baby seedling. looks like it just popped surface today. so im really excited.

another question. im really paranoid about this past thrips and fungus gnat infestation i had with the maui in the last week of flower, and im terrified to put this pot in my grow room.even though theres no sign of any bugs, im paranoid that perhpas theyre hibernating in the soill, and could pop up their ugly heads as soon as conditions permit...
its currently sitting in a seperate room in quarantine under CFL's, since im afraid of there being any renegade thrips of fungus gnats. how can i be absoloutely sure to be free of them. i dont wanna introduce anything hostile into my grow room this time.... also being that its just a one day old seedling, im guessing its way too early to transplant into a clean new pot with clean new soil... any ideas? thnks

Hey I can't help you with the gnats because I don't know much about them but I would say that the seed is a mix of the two- as this happens to me a lot. Usually the plant that grows the nanners has the most seeds and the plants nearby get one or two as well. Keep in mind that if the plant grows up and is a girl it may (or may not) be prone to nanners as well. Cool that it sprouted!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom