1st Grow - 4 Strains - 2'x3' Closet - CFL Veg - Mars-Hydro Reflector Flower

well heres some pics.
first of all, heres pics of the durban poison. (after taking them all, i noticed theres a smudge in the center of each pic. the lens must have got sticky from the flowers (macro mode...)

ALL THESE ARE DURBAN P.
(notice that the durban Ps are much bushier, but not as fluffly and crystaly.)
PS. the yellowing of the leaves is because im a week into flushing.....

IMG_35396.JPG
IMG_35367.JPG
IMG_35099.JPG
IMG_350812.JPG
IMG_350714.JPG
IMG_35059.JPG
IMG_35047.JPG
IMG_35036.JPG
IMG_35018.JPG
IMG_35028.JPG

AND HERES PICS OF THE OTHER TWO STRAINS.....

IMG_35347.JPG
IMG_35297.JPG
IMG_35277.JPG
IMG_35265.JPG
IMG_35257.JPG
IMG_35185.JPG
IMG_351710.JPG
IMG_35148.JPG
IMG_35129.JPG
IMG_351111.JPG

I'd chaulk it off as a bad seed it happens.
I've had it happen before and probly again.
so many apples in a tree some of them bound to be bad.

Hmm. Interesting thought. However it was doing great until it Hermed. It was nice and crystally. It started looking weird only after it Hermed.

Is it seeded much HJ? I've noticed - it seems anyway- that they'll change directions a bit when they get seeded and work on the seeds more than the resin production. The calyxes which aren't pollinated should in theory continue to do exactly what they were doing before their neighbor calyxes got pregnant, but overall the bud seems to get 'drier'

Is it seeded much HJ? I've noticed - it seems anyway- that they'll change directions a bit when they get seeded and work on the seeds more than the resin production. The calyxes which aren't pollinated should in theory continue to do exactly what they were doing before their neighbor calyxes got pregnant, but overall the bud seems to get 'drier'

Its hard to tell, as the seeds are all immature and small and white. Pretty much every single cola on the do looks like that. Its exactly like u said. They kind of stopped with the resin production, and started working on the seeds. There's a few small buds really low down just above the screen that didn't get effected. They look much more resinous.

Here's something really interesting. I found a different grow journal here on 420, of someone who grew the same strain of Durban p from the same breeder. He also had one plant go Hermie on him towards end of flower. so perhaps the durban p gebetics are more prone to hermie from light stress, than other atrains. I was really surprised to see how the pics of his Durban, look exactly like mine. Its soon cool how genetics work. How each bud has multiple little foxtails growing out. And the overall brownish messy dirty appearance. In any case, he ended up letting the Hermie one grow out an extra few weeks so that he would have fem seeds. Appearantly when a place t Hermie's late in flower because of stress, those seeds become fem seeds, since there were no males around. Check out his growjournal. Very informative. Durban Poison First Grow In Soil - CFL - 400W HPS

If I would want to chop the whole plant at harvest, and just leave one bud an extra few weeks to get mature seeds, do u guys think it'll work? Or will it be to much on the plant chopping it all, and leaving just one cola?

You can leave a branch or two, or leave the lower growth - if there is any and if it's seeded- it usually takes longer to finish anyway. When I reveg a plant I leave about 1/3 of the foliage after harvest- which is less than it sounds- because I leave the lower growth which is kind of thin anyway and much less tempting than the buds on top. Yes the seeds will be feminized- no male genetics present- but consider that it will be hermie prone as well- so you may not want to bother with it.

hey everyone.
im about a week and a half into flushing, and the leaves arent really turning yellow like ive seen in alot of pics online.
some leaves are definately not looking as great and happy as usual. on one of the plants, alot of leaves are getting yellow dots and looking not as green.
but overall on the other two plants, the leaves are not yellowing out. can this be in some situations?
i was planning on chopping at the end of the two week flush, but i dont wanna chop early if theyre not properly flushed....

the instructions from BIObizz, was to flush not the standard way. they reccomend since the nutes are organic, to just water with nuetral ph'd water for the last week, regular watering without extra runnoff, and that that should do a sufficient flush.

even though thats what they reccomended, i actually watered the past few waters with a bunch of extra runnoff anyways.
and im doing the flush for two weeks instead of one, since they reccomended me to do two weeks due to the mistake of around 3 weeks ago of over nuting.

but i would have expected that after a week and a hlaf into the flush, that the leaves would be yellowing out...

In that case- just flush the regular way with more water, it won't hurt them, or use a store bought flushing aid such as Final Flush or Clearex to speed it up. Some people flush 3 weeks or more. Just flush till they are ready.

what dyou mean till theyre ready?
till the fans yellow?
or till triches are ready?
as far as triches, theyre definately "ready". theres already 10-15% ambers. hairs have pretty much shortened and gone inside. calyxes seem to have swelled.

since starting the flush, ive already watered with a few extra litres of runnoff a few times.

i could do a real flush of putting 3x the amount of water to soil, but i wont be able to do that till monday. (they were just watered today with some runnoff. so they wont want more water tiil monday at least). and the 2 weeks since flush is in 5 days).

if on monday i do a full flush like is usually done with normal nutes, will that effect anything if i chop on wendesday?

i really dont want them to get too much amber, as i handpicked these strains in order to avoid the cloudy head type of high. theyre alll supposed to have very clear foucsed highs. im afraid if they get to 75% amber, that theyll be more woozy heavy highs. (at least thats what people seem to be saying nowadays... even though we spoke about that earlier.)
thanks again!

If you want them to be flushed, then just forget about the schedule and flush at least 3 times pot size of water through. Or more. You aren't on a watering schedule anymore and don't have to worry about overwatering. Get the green N out before harvest

If you want them to be flushed, then just forget about the schedule and flush at least 3 times pot size of water through. Or more. You aren't on a watering schedule anymore and don't have to worry about overwatering. Get the green N out before harvest

ok. before i go ahead and do this, i thought it might be usefull if i quote BIOBIZZ's instructions for flushing. since i dont think i explained it correctly.
heres what they told me about flushing in my situation:
also, assuming that i go through with the standard flushing technique, how long after i do a full 3x amount of water to soil flush, can i chop?

as much as i really value all the advice u guys give, and really appreciate ur time and help, it would be great if anyone here with actual experience with biobizz products could chip in. i wanna make sure im doing the right thing. bioBIZZ's advice in the past with nute amounts was very bad advice. so i dont wanna slip again....

1: take two weeks for flushing. You have been using much higher dosages of our products so two weeks is better. Under normal circumstances, one week is enough, since the organic materials assimilate between 2-4 days. But with higher concentrations of Biobizz products, you’ll need a bit more time

for two weeks just give the normal volume of water that you always give. But simply without nutrients. Don’t give water until run-off, because then you are flushing out nutrients that you have paid for and that is intended for the plants, not for the sewer. So try not to waste anythingJ

Good luck ! we hope you’ll achieve a nice yield !

im also opening a thread in the flushing area of this forum. maybe someone there with experience with biobizz, whos not wathcing my thread, will notice...

You want to 'waste' those nutrients now. Because you want to flush them out. That's kind of what 'flushing' implies. Since the waiting period isn't working for you/or you're getting impatient to wait for another two weeks or whatever- I would just flush, and then flush some more.

I got the impression from your journal that Biobizz are really cool to deal with. They sound like a good company

Well they do have patience, and they do answer emails every few days
Right now they're on vacation for a few weeks, so I have no one there to speak to.
So ideally I should wait till all the fan leaves yellow, so that I know the buds have finished all the nutrients? I tries googling it, and find answers to both sides regarding whether to wait for that or not.

Back
Top Bottom