2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

I WANT TO SEE THAT BIG GARBAGE BAG OF BUDS Pita....

STOP PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS!!!!!'

Super Congrats!

Hey guys -

Thanks for all the positive vibes. Sorry for being MIA. I've been swamped with business crap and trimming this harvest like there is no tomorrow. I found I'm good for trimming about one pound per day. To keep our legal weight, my wife has been giving it away as fast as I can process it. I made some scissor hash, bubble hash, and dry sift - a few grams of each. I'm still chopping, trimming and drying. I didn't get my weekly update done (yet), but will jump back on it and continue this journal ASAP. I also up-canned the new indoor girls to 7 gal pots. About two week until their flip. Lots going on! I look forward to getting back to all the other members' grows and great info once things slow down a little.

:Namaste::420:

ASHB.jpg

Trimming4.jpg

Kief6.jpg

Kief_Pressed.jpg

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: Hot dayum!

Congrats on your harvest!! You knocked it out of the park with this one buddy!!
:bravo::high-five:

This pic reminds me of the back cover of the George Carlin album "Toledo Window Box" LOL!!

For those not familiar with the GC album Toledo Window Box the front cover of the album has a pic of him wearing a big smile (eyes not red) along with a plant full of buds. The back cover of the album shows a pic of him all red eyed with a skeleton of a plant similar to this pic.

Great job major......yeah I have been slacking on my journal too.....finally got the new room done and mo ed them into flower I will update this week end.....FYI.....gov I believe u were right bout the pm on that leave....that was the only plant that I have had trouble with.....like I say I'll update mine soon too......great job once again major.....man that's alot of keif........:high-five:

Very nice :thumb:

If anyone is still hanging in there with this journal, I do have one or two more updates before I close it out. My non-420 life has still been getting in the way of harvesting and processing our produce.

My agreement with my wife was to keep our grow legal. When you end up with a bunch all at once it becomes a bit of a challenge. So far we've managed quite well. I need to wait to post the final numbers because a portion is still drying. The yield isn't going to set any records by a long shot. For outdoor plants, they didn't pull as much weight as I'd hoped. Don't get me wrong, I'm completely happy with the results and we are all set for the coming year. (My friends and family are happy too). :high-five:

Between Oregon's medical and recreational limits, we are allowed 32 oz. of dry bud. The rest has been gifted or processed into kief and hash. This has been the most exciting part of the harvest for me. I used to be a hash smoker back in the day. For my money (and produce) the best results come from dry ice extraction. Nothing else comes close in terms of yield, quality and ease of processing. I doubt I'll try bubble hash, dry sift or the other methods ever again.

To get a good example of the yield, I weighed out exactly 10 ounces (283.5 grams) of dry popcorn and good trim. I ran it through the dry ice and a 190 micron screen. The result was 38.5 grams of beautiful golden kief. More than 1-1/3 ounces, for a 13.5% return on the amount of trim used. I got nothing like this with the regular ice / bubble hash method. Best of all, no mess, no draining, drying or mold worries, and the entire 10 ounces took about 1/2 hour from beginning to end. Almost too easy! I learned as I went and feel confident I could have gotten even better yields now that I have a little experience - maybe 15%. I highly :cheesygrinsmiley: recommend giving this method a shot. If you have an ounce of decent trim, you can easily get 4 grams of kief in a few minutes.

This color doesn't look quite right. It is more yellow/gold in person. This is about half of the kief yield from the 10 oz. of trim. For some scale, that's a quarter and a standard credit card.
Kief31.jpg

Very little leaf debris or other impurities. I started with a finer screen but found the 200 micron range actually works great. No need for multiple pore sizes! I'd try either 160 or 190, but you get great results all the way up to 220 microns.
Kief41.jpg

My results from 10 oz. trim.
Kief21.jpg

The actual total was about 38.5 grams but I had to try a small sample. :tokin:
I also have the scissor hash, bubble hash, etc. for a total of 1.75 ounces, with plenty more left to trim and process.
Kief11.jpg

This week is more busy work but I hope to get the final numbers and finish this journal off in the next week, or so. The indoor children are doing well and should be ready to flip in about a week - maybe less. Stay tuned!
:Namaste:

Your hash looks "pucking" great, Pita! :goodjob:

Nice yield...going to have to try a dry ice extraction in the near future...:thumb:

Do it! I think you will be very happy with the process.

Awesome job major..........I got quite a bit of sugar leaves and trim ive been keeping in the freezer, sounds like the dry ice method is the way to go..........props on the direction........:high-five:

:thanks:

Make sure your trim is dry. That's one of the big differences in using dry ice over regular ice. I used our food processor (pulsing it) to chop up the trim. I put the food processor bowl and blade with two ounces in the freezer for about an hour then chopped it quickly (not pulverising or powdering it). Then I'd guess it takes about 1/2 pound of dry ice per ounce of trim. We had to buy whatever size chunk(s) they had. My wife found a 8 pound piece and we only used about half of it for our run.

Add the trim and ice, shake lightly in a small bucket and let it sit with the lid on for about three minutes to chill. Then shake it in the bucket (mostly side-to-side) for a solid one minute. After that minute, take the lid off, add the screen, flip it over on top of your clean, smooth, hard surface and shake again for another minute or two - this time adding some up and down motion. That's it! The kief comes out looking and feeling like that insulating, expanding foam sealant - very sticky and airy. :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom