2nd Grow - CFL's - Exodus Cheese - LST/SCROG - Advice Always Welcome!

Day 22 .. noon.

I watered them an hour or so before the previous picture, other then that, nothing done today. (well ... some more corrective pruning of fan leaves that are supposed to stop growing :p )

20141001_234408.jpg

20141001_234428.jpg

20141001_234450.jpg

20141001_234503.jpg

20141001_234517.jpg

Day 24 .. well, almost .. this is 05:30h for the plants, lights come on @ 06:00h

Little overview with lights still off; as you can see they are starting to look like little bushes .. I love it <3

20141003_172356.jpg

Next, the ladies' FIM job in close-up. I briefly switched the lights on for this. Next update in ~6h.

20141003_172557.jpg

20141003_172627.jpg

20141003_172644.jpg

20141003_172701.jpg

20141003_172714.jpg

I aim to make daily pictures. I stopped a while when there was no progress whatsoever to report ... since nobody likes to see the same pictures over and over again ... and I certainly did not like making them :p

Day 25

Except for the last one, FIMmin went fine ... the last one I'm not sure about yet...

20141004_234335.jpg

20141004_234405.jpg

20141004_234601.jpg

20141004_234619.jpg

20141004_234703.jpg

20141004_234720.jpg

20141004_234835.jpg

20141004_234917.jpg

20141004_235019.jpg

20141004_235032.jpg

As always, thanks for watching :thanks:

subb! hello there planetJ, i was wondering are you still using the same nutrient from your previous grow? and if you are. what's your schedule for feeding em' ?

subb! hello there planetJ, i was wondering are you still using the same nutrient from your previous grow? and if you are. what's your schedule for feeding em' ?

The nutrient I used in my previous grow, was a hand full of general garden fertilizer pellets in my water can, stir, and nearly insta-kill your plants ... flushing did not work. I would NOT advise my feeding schedule from my previous grow :ganjamon:

This grow, I will not feed them anything till I flip the switch to bloom, unless nute deficiencies start showing in the leafs / growth. So up till now, all they got is in the soil already, which is organic and the ratio is mentioned somewhere ... I did not pay attention to it tho .. I needed soil, my plants where dying in coco.

My first journal, and this one too, mainly serve as a display that you can grow cannabis without too much effort and expensive equipment, and to get my confidence up. There will be experiments, failures and lessons learned here, and perhaps some value in the photo's. Please do not use this as a guide on how to grow .. there are better ones out there .. this is just my attempt to put my lessons learned from these other guides into practice, with as little financial investment as possible. (and a lot of time reading and learning and confirming)

I will cut off the fanleaves that are refusing to stop growing, but at least the tips do not grow anymore, and I think I can call my FIMming operation a success.

The nutrient I used in my previous grow, was a hand full of general garden fertilizer pellets in my water can, stir, and nearly insta-kill your plants ... flushing did not work. I would NOT advise my feeding schedule from my previous grow :ganjamon:

This grow, I will not feed them anything till I flip the switch to bloom, unless nute deficiencies start showing in the leafs / growth. So up till now, all they got is in the soil already, which is organic and the ratio is mentioned somewhere ... I did not pay attention to it tho .. I needed soil, my plants where dying in coco.

My first journal, and this one too, mainly serve as a display that you can grow cannabis without too much effort and expensive equipment, and to get my confidence up. There will be experiments, failures and lessons learned here, and perhaps some value in the photo's. Please do not use this as a guide on how to grow .. there are better ones out there .. this is just my attempt to put my lessons learned from these other guides into practice, with as little financial investment as possible. (and a lot of time reading and learning and confirming)

Ahh good to know. I think a hand full of nut will probably kill any
Any plant. Well good to see those babes. Will be lurking around to see how it goes.

There is nothing wrong with feeding nutes in Veg, I think most growers recommend it. You just have to follow a feeding schedule that suits the plants current age/stage of growth.

The plants weren't doing well in coco, since coco has no nutes at well. If you gave them some nutes in coco, they could have done ok.

Check out this link to brush up on some helpful information: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

There is nothing wrong with feeding nutes in Veg, I think most growers recommend it. You just have to follow a feeding schedule that suits the plants current age/stage of growth.

In a sense I am feeding them in veg .. as the soil has nutes in it at a level that should be more then enough for the first few months (bag talks about 3 months). For this reason, and given my previous result, I will not feed them unless it appears necessary.

The plants weren't doing well in coco, since coco has no nutes at well. If you gave them some nutes in coco, they could have done ok.

(If you check the first page, you'll find that) <---- wrong .. I forgot to list it. My coco also had nutes in it, and also enough for 3 months. The issue was more likely due to Ph being off, and thus the plants unable to access those nutes. I water with regular tap water, without adjusting Ph. This is dumb in coco, but I realised that a little late ;)

I will be repotting them soon to their final home, and give them a week to get used to it, and probably flip to bloom then, after taking cuttings and giving cloning a go .. do not ask where I will house them if they succesfully root ... I have no clue yet.

Day 33 .. well ... more night 33 .. day comming up in about 6 hours. Pictures taken during the 1 hour lights on of the GLR (12 on, 5.5 off, 1 on, 5.5 off)

Overview:
20141013_115215.jpg

LF
20141013_115223.jpg

RF
20141013_115228.jpg

C
20141013_115234.jpg

LB
20141013_115239.jpg

RB
20141013_115243.jpg

I'll try to get back to daily's. I'm gonna repot to their final home this week and have started to feed them with a NPK 7-5-7 +micronutrients mixture. Offcourse not intended for cannabis nor consumption, but all I had laying around, and some deficiencies started showing. They went away just fine (feeding was done 3 days ago).

Once they are in their final home I will start feeding them nutrients intended for cannabis and consumption, and I hope that I wont notice the pokon in the end product :p (else I'll process it to either hasj or oil if the taste is horrible, but given the at least 2 months they will still need, I should be fine I guess ...

Thanks all for your patience!

Back
Top Bottom