420 Magazine Sponsor Showoff With Dope Seeds, Bomb Seeds, Homegrown, Budget LED, PhotonTek & Gorilla

DAY #52 OF 12/12 - BOMBS AWAY!

Well, it's day #52 of 12/12 in the Gorilla 2' x 4' where I have the Gorilla Bomb and the Ice Bomb plants growing. They're both doing well and putting out lots of trichomes (especially the Gorilla Bomb!), although, I'm a little concerned about the bud density. We'll have to see how they fatten up over the next couple of weeks to see if the Budget LED at only 250w can really perform on these size plants.

Unfortunately, I totally "bombed" this round of pics. I took them under the light and, in spite of my concerns over the bud density, there was too much glare off most of the pics so I'm gonna need to re-take some good bud closeups.

Here's what I did get that didn't come out too bad...

Full Tent Pics:

Example Ice Bomb Bud:

Example Gorilla Bomb Cola:

It does look like the Gorilla Bomb is gonna be the winner for this round in terms of frostiness! :drool:

I'll get more/better pics up before the weekend.

Happy Harvests!

K

AMNESIA HARVEST, HxPS BUDS, & DAY #64 OF 12/12 GORILLA BOMB PICS

It's been too long since my last update so I've got a lot to catch everyone up on.

The update starts about 9 days ago, a week from last Saturday, when I harvested the Amnesia. I probably waited about a week longer than I should have. She was well within the harvest window, but many of those leaf tips that were browning a couple of weeks before had totally died and made the trimming a real nightmare. It took over six hours to get all the dead stuff cut out but the buds are huge, dense & frosty and should be pretty close to a six ounce plant.

I cut most of the buds off the colas to help prevent mold and because I'm doing a "low & slow" cure in the fridge.

In this pic, I still have some clean-up to do on the bud, but you can get an idea of the size of some of the colas from this pic:

Here are a few more pics from the Amnesia harvest:

I also jarred the Hawaii x Purple Skunk buds and, while they're not as pretty as either the Amnesia or the Blueberry buds, they're definitely more potent and tastier than at least the Blueberry (I haven't sampled the Amensia, yet). The HxPS has a skunky/floral smell & flavor that's really nice.

Here are some sample dried HxPS buds:

I'll get some pics of the Blueberry buds up soon for the comparison. They're still curing and at around 65%, so they're almost ready. They look awesome but just don't seem as flavorful or potent as the HxPS. Hopefully, they improve with a longer cure.

Finally, for this update, are some pics of the Gorilla Bomb at day #62. I didn't get pics of the Ice Bomb which also looks great, but this Gorilla Bomb is definitely the "looker" in the grow room in terms of trich production, the buds just aren't anywhere near as dense as what I'm used to producing.

I thought it may be due to the light just not being powerful enough, and that may be the case; BUT, the Ice Bomb does seem to have more dense buds so it may be a "pheno thing" and not due to the light. I'll know more when I harvest which will likely be this coming weekend.

In the mean time, here are some pics of some Gorilla Bomb buds and colas:

Happy Harvests!

K

Oh my days!

That bud you’re holding, I have a question: do you have unnaturally small childlike hands or is that Coca-Cola HUGEEEEE.?!
Now, that's a great question!

It's not the full cola. It's just the top bud, with the lower buds removed, from of one of the four main colas that resulted from the Uncle Ben's topping method; and, for the record, I have NO body parts that are unnaturally small! ;)

Now, that's a great question!

It's not the full cola. It's just the top bud, with the lower buds removed, from of one of the four main colas that resulted from the Uncle Ben's topping method; and, for the record, I have NO body parts that are unnaturally small! ;)
So is that a full cola in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Serious question tho. Is cola not just a word for the bud?

So is that a full cola in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Serious question tho. Is cola not just a word for the bud?
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The cola is the stalk and is made up of numerous buds "stacking" on each other and can look like one large bud, although, in some plants there's a wider distance between bud sites (nodes) and the individual buds are more obvious. The main colas on this plant were about 4' tall.

CHERRY PIE FINALLY HARVESTED & DRIED BLUEBERRY BUDS

I finally harvested the Cherry Pie this morning after a whopping 103 days (if I counted correctly! :bong: ) of 12/12! :thedoubletake:

This was another monster and should be the winner on the yield. I'm estimating over 6 oz. dried on this one. But, it's dead last out of the six plants this grow as far as frost goes. Looks can be deceiving, though, and I'm hoping it will still pack a punch.

It doesn't really smell like cherry, but it does smell pretty similar to cherry cough drops but more of the medicine smell than the cherry smell. We'll have to see how that develops with a good cure.

I only took a few pics since I started around 3:00am and it was a leafy plant so I've been up all night with this one.

Here's the pile of buds after a quick trim:

Again, I cut most of the buds from the colas in anticipation of another "low & slow" cure, but this pic gives an idea of the size of some of the colas:

And, here's a couple more:

The Blueberry buds were dry enough to jar for long-term storage last night and took a few pics of those before I did. These are very frosty and all the buds have that "hazy" look from all the trichome coverage. I'm still not really getting a Blueberry smell, but the potency seems much stronger than when I first sampled them.

Here's some of the dried Blueberry Buds:

After all the work on the Cherry Pie, I don't really know if I'm motivated enough to try to tackle the Gorilla Bomb today.

:bong::bong::bong:

Maybe after a nap?

Happy Harvests!

K

Brother H00k! I do appreciate the "likes" but I'm missing the interaction! What happened to your journal? Or, let's say, for example, I wanted to spark an actual conversation and find out how you're doing, what you're growing, and see some pics of a lakeside paradise...Where would I go for that? :hmmmm:

Hope you're well, Brother! :high-five:

Brother H00k! I do appreciate the "likes" but I'm missing the interaction! What happened to your journal? Or, let's say, for example, I wanted to spark an actual conversation and find out how you're doing, what you're growing, and see some pics of a lakeside paradise...Where would I go for that? :hmmmm:

Hope you're well, Brother! :high-five:

...All good here Brotha'... :thumb: ...been a busier winter/spring than I'm accustomed to...being Covid cautious, we put Maz on hold for the first time in over 20 years...:eek::(...that led to a down the studs bathroom/back entrance reno, including flooring(surprisingly about the same cost as 3 month's in Mexico, despite doing the bulk of it myself...too old for this shit, but stubborn AF... ;) :rofl:)...not nearly as much fun, especially throwing in a lock down here and another lock, down there...:rolleyes:, and, along with all the disarray that comes with such an endeavor, due to life circumstances, our adult daughter has moved back into the nest, an interesting, but completely doable situation...

...yeah, a journal is probably something I should throw together shortly, :hmmmm:...was considering maybe only doing a seed making reversal/cross run, but just couldn't get into it (besides the household chaos, also lost my best friend of over 50 years in March...still dealing with that)...was thinking then, maybe take a year off(Lord knows, the stash is capable of sustaining the need) but where's the fun in that?...so somehow, a seven plant max, has turned into 11...:eek::rolleyes:...I'd blame it on late to the party seed's, but truth be told, it's more curiosity, after going thru' the always expanding seed stash ...;):rolleyes:...so, a few pic's of the shed, which just got fired up last Saturday...these girlz for the most part, were started a week or two into April in the basement and went into 7's, and a few 15's last weekend...I'm liking the structure on a few of them...I'm also staying away from any potential long runner's, the Bangi Haze from Ace, being the only potential wrench in the work's...

...lakeside paradise, has been pretty BLEH! for the last 4 days...in fact we just had an intense thunderstorm downpour, complete with some hail since I started this...just hope this last blast doesn't undo all the time I spent planting seeds in the veggie beds today...

...I know this last year + has been trying for you, both with family and your business interests, and hope things are moving in a positive direction in both regards...stay well friend!...I'll tag you, and a few others, when/if I get a journal up...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

O

M

G

Absolutely beautiful. You trim like a boss!
Thanks, Tra! While I'd love to take credit, I actually use one of those salad bowl trimmers for the final trim. It makes real quick work of a big pile of buds and has saved me many hours of work since I purchased it. ;)

...All good here Brotha'... :thumb: ...been a busier winter/spring than I'm accustomed to...being Covid cautious, we put Maz on hold for the first time in over 20 years...:eek::(...that led to a down the studs bathroom/back entrance reno, including flooring(surprisingly about the same cost as 3 month's in Mexico, despite doing the bulk of it myself...too old for this shit, but stubborn AF... ;) :rofl:)...not nearly as much fun, especially throwing in a lock down here and another lock, down there...:rolleyes:, and, along with all the disarray that comes with such an endeavor, due to life circumstances, our adult daughter has moved back into the nest, an interesting, but completely doable situation...

...yeah, a journal is probably something I should throw together shortly, :hmmmm:...was considering maybe only doing a seed making reversal/cross run, but just couldn't get into it (besides the household chaos, also lost my best friend of over 50 years in March...still dealing with that)...was thinking then, maybe take a year off(Lord knows, the stash is capable of sustaining the need) but where's the fun in that?...so somehow, a seven plant max, has turned into 11...:eek::rolleyes:...I'd blame it on late to the party seed's, but truth be told, it's more curiosity, after going thru' the always expanding seed stash ...;):rolleyes:...so, a few pic's of the shed, which just got fired up last Saturday...these girlz for the most part, were started a week or two into April in the basement and went into 7's, and a few 15's last weekend...I'm liking the structure on a few of them...I'm also staying away from any potential long runner's, the Bangi Haze from Ace, being the only potential wrench in the work's...

...lakeside paradise, has been pretty BLEH! for the last 4 days...in fact we just had an intense thunderstorm downpour, complete with some hail since I started this...just hope this last blast doesn't undo all the time I spent planting seeds in the veggie beds today...

...I know this last year + has been trying for you, both with family and your business interests, and hope things are moving in a positive direction in both regards...stay well friend!...I'll tag you, and a few others, when/if I get a journal up...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...
Now, that's what I'm talking about! :thumb:

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend! :rip:

That renovation sounds like a lot of work! I'm of the same mind-set that it's not about increasing the stash pile, it's about growing more buds! After this grow, I'm gonna have to take everything down again and deal with some pretty major leaks in the house that, luckily, I don't see until a heavy rain. I'm already stressing about not being able to grow for a few months, again! :(

That looks like a nice collection of plants you've got going. I'm betting that Chem Dog is gonna be pure fire! I think my Chem '91 is still the best meds I've ever grown and I started another seedling a couple of months ago (with a few other strains I was hoping to run) but looks like I'm gonna have to scrap it and start over when the leaks are fixed here since I really don't have anywhere to keep it while the work is going on. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's been a tough year for family & business. Like I say, I'm doing fine but it's everyone and everything around me that's falling apart! My Dad is back home from rehab as of last week but I don't know how long it's going to last and I think the next stop is probably a long-term care facility. I'm really hoping that doesn't need to happen anytime soon.

Anyways, be good, Brother, and don't hesitate to post some pics here (or in my Tales from the Krip journal) until you get yours up. :high-five:

QUICK UPDATE

Well, I harvested the Gorilla Bomb about 10 days ago and I did take harvest pics but, before I had a chance to post them, my Dad wound up back in the hospital again with Sepsis and was moved to hospice last Wednesday. I've been running back & forth to the hospital at least once, if not twice, per day, and doing my best to help my Mom.

I'm extremely sad to report that he passed away a couple of hours ago. :(:rip:

My Dad was a great guy and a huge part of my life. He is already deeply missed.

I still have the Ice Bomb to harvest and it is ready but may be a couple/few days before I can get to it. I will get pics of that and post everything as soon as I'm able.

K

QUICK UPDATE

Well, I harvested the Gorilla Bomb about 10 days ago and I did take harvest pics but, before I had a chance to post them, my Dad wound up back in the hospital again with Sepsis and was moved to hospice last Wednesday. I've been running back & forth to the hospital at least once, if not twice, per day, and doing my best to help my Mom.

I still have the Ice Bomb to harvest and it is ready but may be a couple/few days before I can get to it. I will get pics of that and post everything as soon as I'm able.

K
My deepest and sincerest condolences Special K.

If there is anything I can do to make you feel better, ie a shoulder to cry on/a wet tshirt pic, please know I’m a PM away. Xo

I promise I will plant a new plant in my garden tomorrow in honour of your father. Xo

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

QUICK UPDATE

K
Sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers and blessings to you and yours in a difficult time.

Back
Top Bottom