Multi-Strain Seed Run

Hey Salt, looking good in there. Sorry you had issues with your environment control - glad you picked up on it! :high-five:
Some phat nugs developing in there - and the size of those leaves are just crazy! :thedoubletake:

I won't be updating this weekend. The hot water quit in the house, and I'm working on getting that going again.

We have a domestic hot water coil in the furnace, and that's plugged up. when I tried to isolate the feed line, the valve was seized as well. Yesterday I replaced the valve, and removed the domestic hot water coil from the furnace. I had to buy water for drinking and cooking, as the RO is on the same line as the feed for the hot water. Well, I'm going back to work on it. Hopefully I can fix the coil.

Good luck with that coil-I know what a pain they can be to "un-plug"...

Good luck with that coil-I know what a pain they can be to "un-plug"...

100 PSI of air would not blow through it. I filled it with CLR, and let it sit for a while, then tried again at 125 PSI. I got a trickle of air through. I'm into my fourth repeat, and it's getting better - slowly.

100 PSI of air would not blow through it. I filled it with CLR, and let it sit for a while, then tried again at 125 PSI. I got a trickle of air through. I'm into my fourth repeat, and it's getting better - slowly.

Sorry about that, Mr. Salt. Sounds like a frustrating way to spend the weekend. Hope you get it sorted soon.

I used straight lime-a-way on the one I did-I'm not sure about CLR, but lime away is pretty dangerous to work with,especially if compressed air is involved...
Sounds like you're going to save it-since you've got some flow going,you'll slowly win that battle!

She's cleared out. I alternated blowing from the inlet and outlet, re-filling with CLR each time and letting it sit for at least half an hour. Then I back flushed, and flushed the coil. I put everything back together and tried the hot water taps. There's more flow than I've seen in ten years. Next I tried to refill the furnace. There's no water going in. Either the back flow preventer or the pressure regulator is seized or clogged.

I think I'll just fill the furnace through the drain valve tomorrow. I won't be able to get replacement parts until Monday anyway. I'll pull and check them Monday. I'm just glad this didn't happen in the middle of winter.

Since the hot water feed is working, so is my RO. I have water to mix two batches of nutrients tomorrow morning.

Not sure if it is similar to the models i work on, but when I encounter a huge build-up of calcium in water heater tanks, I, drain the tank, remove the lower element, then get after it with a shop vac.

I'll take about a 18" length of 1/2" pex, attach it to the vacuum hose with a bunch of duct tape.

Stick it through that lower element hole & scrape.... scrape & scrape with the vac running. Sucks out all that old calcium so the next element won't smoke out upon contact.

Ultimately, i always lean toward replacing the entire heater, but I've definitely limped some by for several years...

Hope you figure it out homie! Them fuckers ain't cheap

Not sure if it is similar to the models i work on, but when I encounter a huge build-up of calcium in water heater tanks, I, drain the tank, remove the lower element, then get after it with a shop vac.

I'll take about a 18" length of 1/2" pex, attach it to the vacuum hose with a bunch of duct tape.

Stick it through that lower element hole & scrape.... scrape & scrape with the vac running. Sucks out all that old calcium so the next element won't smoke out upon contact.

Ultimately, i always lean toward replacing the entire heater, but I've definitely limped some by for several years...

Hope you figure it out homie! Them fuckers ain't cheap

The coil is about 3/8" (10mm) inside diameter. I can't get a vacuum in there. That's why I went to compressed air at double my maximum water pressure.

The coil is clear, now I just need to fix some external parts of the furnace.

I woke up this morning to find the fan in the 7' tent failed. I took it apart to find the cause.

full

Fan Failure Details

As you can see, the motor overheated, and melted the plastic case. I think friction at the front of the fan caused the overheating at high speed. This fan ran fine at low speed, but a week at high speed caused the failure. I'll just run these fans at the lower speed.

I can't return the fan as I'm past the return deadline of Aug 2. They are no longer available through the 'zon, so I'll try e-Bay.

It's always something.

Yes, but all part of dialing in my operation. I'll try lubricating the fans when I get them, and running them at the slower speed. I'd like them to last at least four grows.

Here's a quick pic to show what I meant above.

full

Fan Mounted in the Tent with DIY COB Light
I wanted the fan up higher, out of the light beam from the COB. The center of the COB is 6" (15cm) from the back and side of the tent. Putting the fan higher on the pole will increase the shadow, while lowering it will place it under the canopy. I'm looking for another solution that will let me put either this fan, or one of a different design close to the light, out of the beams from the cobs.

Love the water catcher and fabric bag cages.

The water catchers are plant trays from Amazon, with a riser cut from an egg crate light diffuser normally used in florescent lights.

The caged grow bags are something I came up with to maintain the shape of the bags, and hold them up out of the run off. They also let me move the plant around without damaging the roots. During my last grow I came up with clip-on tops for them that carry the automatic waterers. As a bonus, I have lots of tie points for training starting, less than 1-1/2" (4 cm) from the stem.

5' Tent / Mars Hydro TSL-2000: Day 26 of Flower

full

Front View, Left to Right: Cream & Cheese, Candida, Sapphire Scout

full

Cream & Cheese

full

Sapphire Scout: Top View
_______________________________________________________________​

full

Candida

full

Sapphire Scout: Close Up
_______________________________________________________________​

We're not even halfway through the flowering stage. The plants have another four to six weeks to go yet. They seem to have stopped their vertical growth. The Cream & Cheese, and Candida are filling in very nicely. The Sapphire Scout is a little behind, but then it has a week longer flowering time. Some of the calyxes of all three plants seem to be more swollen than I'm used to at this stage. I suspect they contain seed.

7' Tent / DIY Eight COB Day 8 of Flower

full

Left: Candida Right: Cream & Cheese

The buds are developing nicely. The plants are continuing their vertical growth, although this has slowed greatly. The Cream & Cheese only grew three inches (7.5 cm) this week. It's grown into the light, but there was a space for it to do so. There's about six more inches (15cm) before it hits the top of the tent. I'll just leave it alone for now.

The Clones, or Rooted Cuttings if You Prefer:

full

Clones, or Rooted Cuttings Getting Natural Sunlight

These girls need to be moved out of the window. There are only 14 hours and 18 minutes of daylight now. If I leave them in the windowsill much longer they'll start to flower.

Water is starting to become a problem. With the dry summer so far, the water level in our well is dropping below the foot valve with distressing regularity. I'll need to start buying it this week for my grow.

Everything is looking good. Impressed with your Canadida pics. I am still undecided about which CBD strain I will settle on and your bud pics are a pretty convincing argument.

I was checking the trichomes and found this on the Cream & Cheese in the 5' tent:

full

I Think it's Mold Just Starting
Shitty that ya got a bit of mold forming, but this picture is stunning!
:welldone:

Super cool!

Back
Top Bottom