Bomb Seeds Detonation Time! - 420 Magazine Sponsor Grow & Review - Indoor UDWC LED

You are right, Joe. There is no 'correct' flush method. Even in the grow books I have reviewed there is no agreement. I am planning on at least 48 hours of plain water - maybe more if the plants are out of sync.

Ian
So what signs are you looking for to no when your done flushing buddy ?

No signs that I know of. Most seem to recommend some kind of flush so I am just throwing a dart blindfolded.

You would think that there should be a rise in ppm if the plants are truly shedding chemicals.

Ian

No signs that I know of. Most seem to recommend some kind of flush so I am just throwing a dart blindfolded.

You would think that there should be a rise in ppm if the plants are truly shedding chemicals.

Ian
Yeah cause it will force it to eat up the nutrients more correct more water gets in let dry out sucks yo what’s in there right this pushing ppm higher as your boosting it forcing it to eat this is where I I want to know if z7 can be ran up to chop? Why z7 allows anndhelps with uptake nutrients correct ? So why wouldn’t we want to use z7 more during this time ? Sorry for thoughts but never know what information if we don’t share our thoughts right ?

Imho If you want to complete flush then you have to cut out the root conditioners as well I have been using Cannazym & it is 0-2-1 npk. I can't find specs on z7 but it must have something in it.

Ian

Imho If you want to complete flush then you have to cut out the root conditioners as well I have been using Cannazym & it is 0-2-1 npk. I can't find specs on z7 but it must have something in it.

Ian
yeah i think it says it not a food though its an enzyme cleaner i believe nothing more will look into it thanks ian

Ian

It's enzymes. So whatever they make as waste. Maybe a little n or p. Would seem to be a ridiculously small amount. Can't tell you more than that my bottle says proprietary blend lol

It's enzymes. So whatever they make as waste. Maybe a little n or p. Would seem to be a ridiculously small amount. Can't tell you more than that my bottle says proprietary blend lol
good to know just taking all the info in to make sure i try to do this right ya know

This morning . . . Berry Bomb . . .

full

good to know just taking all the info in to make sure i try to do this right ya know

I hear ya Joe! Sorry I missed the conversation...anyway, I’ve flushed with water (both tap and RO) and also things like final flush and another one that I can’t remember. What I’ve found is that the more you flush the better the smoke after a good cure. Leaving too many nutes can cause the weed to burn black and extremely harsh. Not that nice gray ash that we want.

I’ve been flushing for 7-14 days in DWC lately, depending on the plant and how much fade I can get on the larger fans. The fade tells me the plant is done flushing IMO, but every plant is different as we know. For me, normally, flushing begins after I start seeing the trichomes look the way I want.

I’m definitely no expert, but I learned the hard way that a good flushing is mandatory for good smoking.

I hear ya Joe! Sorry I missed the conversation...anyway, I’ve flushed with water (both tap and RO) and also things like final flush and another one that I can’t remember. What I’ve found is that the more you flush the better the smoke after a good cure. Leaving too many nutes can cause the weed to burn black and extremely harsh. Not that nice gray ash that we want.

I’ve been flushing for 7-14 days in DWC lately, depending on the plant and how much fade I can get on the larger fans. The fade tells me the plant is done flushing IMO, but every plant is different as we know. For me, normally, flushing begins after I start seeing the trichomes look the way I want.

I’m definitely no expert, but I learned the hard way that a good flushing is mandatory for good smoking.
See and that sounds like good logic to me as well a I guess I will do as I said and do moe for a 3-5 day flush in coco and my other two I’ll do 7-14 days hmm see if I can tell personally so I can confirm in my experience which is better ?

See and that sounds like good logic to me as well a I guess I will do as I said and do moe for a 3-5 day flush in coco and my other two I’ll do 7-14 days hmm see if I can tell personally so I can confirm in my experience which is better ?

That’s the best IMO. Experiment and see what works best for you. I’m confident you’ll be able to tell a difference.

That’s the best IMO. Experiment and see what works best for you. I’m confident you’ll be able to tell a difference.
Thanks for chatting buddy see my journal for results

Obviously you guys have been doing this longer than I have but my two cents.

The flowers themselves don't hold any of your nutrients, a closer trim will burn cleaner. Sugar leaves have lots of good shit in them so I don't personally trim overly close. I also did not flush at all. Repeat. Did not flush at all. Pretty sure I fed like 3 days before chop.
But my smoke is smoooth. My wife loves it for that reason alone and it gets compliments every time. I run organic/naturally derived nutes so no chemicals like lots of lines have. The most overlooked difference in smoothness of smoke is how dirty are your buds? If you foliar spray all that stuff is all over the plant. Check out some of the bud washing threads and how dirty the water is. Chlorophyll is a big contributer to harsh smoke, a ripe plant will be smoother than a green one. And a good cure goes a long way. Sorry rambled hopefully I dont step on anyone's toes opening my rookie mouth.
Back to the Jeep!

Obviously you guys have been doing this longer than I have but my two cents.

The flowers themselves don't hold any of your nutrients, a closer trim will burn cleaner. Sugar leaves have lots of good shit in them so I don't personally trim overly close. I also did not flush at all. Repeat. Did not flush at all. Pretty sure I fed like 3 days before chop.
But my smoke is smoooth. My wife loves it for that reason alone and it gets compliments every time. I run organic/naturally derived nutes so no chemicals like lots of lines have. The most overlooked difference in smoothness of smoke is how dirty are your buds? If you foliar spray all that stuff is all over the plant. Check out some of the bud washing threads and how dirty the water is. Chlorophyll is a big contributer to harsh smoke, a ripe plant will be smoother than a green one. And a good cure goes a long way. Sorry rambled hopefully I dont step on anyone's toes opening my rookie mouth.
Back to the Jeep!
So would synthetic nutes verse organic flushing vary I can see organic due to less chemicals used to grow. But synthetic? Hmm good topic guys

Good point TB. Organic vs. synthetic must make a huge difference if you’re not flushing at all. Very interested in that. I disagree that that flowers don’t hold some of those compounds—at least with the nutes I’m using—otherwise a flush would do nothing for me. Good discussion guys!

The thing is the flowers don't store nutrients or carry out photosynthesis. They only receive and burn carbohydrates so flowers really do not need flushed per se. especially if you trim them close.

Was the info I based my decision not to flush on. Maybe it's the leaf/stem material in the nugs that's making the difference with synthetic nutes. Mine is less smooth with more leaf. But certainly doesn't crackle or pop.

I got some reading to do I guess, but I’m not convinced. I’ve tasted the difference so I have a hard time believing it wasn’t because of the flushing. Naturally, I could be very wrong.

Don’t get me wrong, I value what Penny has to say very much. I just disagree.

Back
Top Bottom