420 Magazine Sponsor Showoff With Dope Seeds, Bomb Seeds, Homegrown, Budget LED, PhotonTek & Gorilla

PIC UPDATE - STILL VEGGING AWAY

Merry Christmas, everyone! :party:

It's the slow time of year for my business over the next couple of weeks where it doesn't really matter how much I work, I'm not gonna make it much busier. So, I'll should be able to get some more frequent updates in, but no one is missing much.

The girls are still vegging away in the 6" containers and the Ice Bomb is still in the 2" container. They're starting to drink pretty quick, now, so in another week or so, the ones in the 6" containers will get up-potted to their final homes in #10 Geopots and the Ice Bomb will get moved up to a 6".

I just took them out for a feeding this morning. For the most part, they're doing good and most of them are over their Mag deficiency. A couple are still showing some signs and the Cherry Pie is showing a slight Calcium deficiency, so I gave them all another dose of Cal-Mag.

Since I forgot to include pics of the Ice Bomb last time, let's start with that one...

ICE BOMB: She seems to be doing great and, so far, has not shown any signs of deficiencies but is still very small compared to the others. I'm going to want to veg her for at least another 3-4 weeks before flipping so I'm hoping I can hold the others back that long.

GORILLA BOMB: The Gorilla Bomb (along with the Hawaii x Purple Skunk) is one of the two plants still showing some good signs of the mag deficiency. She's doing fine, but I may have to start upping her dosage of Cal-Mag if I don't see some improvement soon.

HAWAII X PURPLE SKUNK: This plant is also still showing some Mag deficiency and will get her dosage of Cal-Mag upped if she doesn't turn around quick. Both the Gorilla Bomb and HxPS are healthy and growing well, they just need more magnesium.

CHERRY PIE: The Cherry Pie is looking great, except she's now showing a calcium deficiency (see last pic). The two lower colas I thought wouldn't really develop have grown quite a bit since I tied the other two down, but they're still way behind. At least she looks symmetrical unlike the Blueberry which has only one underdeveloped cola.

BLUEBERRY: The Blueberry was showing signs earlier of the mag deficiency but the Cal-Mag seems to have cleared that up pretty well, although, there's still some evidence on the very bottom leaves. My only complaint about her, right now, is that one of her four colas (back-left in 2nd pic) is not as developed as the other three:

AMNESIA: The Amnesia is doing great and looks like it's going to be the tallest of the group. I'm going to struggle trying to keep her height low while waiting for that Ice Bomb to catch up.

On a more personal note, on top of everything else, my younger brother was just diagnosed with lung cancer. He's never been a smoker or a toker, lives a pretty healthy lifestyle, and is only 53 with a wife an two kids. It looks like it was caught early and I'm hopeful it will be benign and nothing aggressive, but it has me very concerned. All good vibes for him are greatly appreciated!

One more bit of bad news is that, being so busy over the last few weeks, I was too late in feeding the Bonsai mothers and lost all my Bonsais. They were needing watering daily being a year old and in those 4" containers. I had a hunch this might happen and took some cuttings of the Chem '91 and the Tropicanna Cookies x Slurricane, which are my two best strains, and just stuck them in some water until I could get to them. So, the next item on my agenda is to get those cuttings planted so I don't lose those two phenos.

Apologies I have not had any time in the last couple of weeks to make the rounds on journals, so I hope everyone's tents are packed, are doing well, and I should have some time to get caught up over the next few days.

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas!

Happy Harvests!

K
Hey Special K

Merry Christmas!

I‘m terribly sorry to hear about your brothers illness. And I have everything crossed the tumour is benign.

And I’m also sorry about your bonsais.

I really miss seeing you around the traps and I hope 2021 gives everything your little heart desires.

Xo

PIC UPDATE - TIME TO UP-POT FOR MORE VEGGING

First, I hope everyone had a great New Years and best wishes for a happy, healthy and bountiful 2021!

We've been going for more than three months, so far, and all the girls are ready to be up-potted to their final containers in #10's with the exception of the Ice Bomb, which was the late starter and is ready to get moved out of her 2" container to something larger. I just haven't decided whether I want to put her directly into the #10, which is what I'll likely do, or put her in a 6" for a while.

All the plants look OK, to varying degrees, but I've still be struggling with some magnesium and some calcium deficiencies in spite of giving them some pretty high doses of Cal-Mag over the last couple of weeks. Hopefully getting them into the larger containers with some fresh soil will help.

I'll do the up-potting this weekend and, at that time, will move four of the plants into the 4'x4' tent under the new PhotonTek, so get ready for some pics of that light which I still haven't even unboxed, yet, but it looks like it will be an awesome light.

Once everything is up-potted and moved, they will likely veg for at least another 3-4 weeks to fill out some more and give that Ice Bomb some time to catch up.

Here are some pics from today starting with the still small Ice Bomb and ending with two pics of the Amnesia which is the tallest of all the plants:

Happy Harvests!

K

Just a drive-by. Fast? Which journal is your primary one??

Keepem Green

PIC UPDATE - PHOTONTEK INSTALLED + FOUR PLANTS UP-POTTED & MOVED

So, life's challenges continue but the grow must go on! Good news is business is finally starting to pick up a little. Nowhere near where it was, but we're in a little less jeopardy this month than we were the last couple.

On the negative side, my Dad got COVID and was hospitalized a few days ago. He's the one person I've been most concerned about getting it and was pretty sick for the first couple of days but seems to be doing OK now. :dude-knocking:

Today, I finally got the PhotonTek light installed. This is a VERY cool light! :thumb:

Here's the box it ships in:

And, some key features:

There is some very quick/easy assembly involved. It ships with a frame that holds the power supply and five light bars that snap into the frame to create the fixture:

Once assembled, the light is 39" x 35" and, although they say it works in a 3'x3' space, the tent would actually need to be wider than 3' to fit the light. It also comes with a dimmer that has five modes: OFF, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%.

I couldn't get back far enough to get a good pic of the whole light in the tent and, because of the orientation of the hangers, I actually have it sitting "sideways" so the pulleys to raise/lower are on the right & left instead of front & back.

Here's a good promo video I posted earlier:

The model PhotonTek recommended for the 4'x4' was the 475w model, but they're available in 600w and 1000w models.

After installing the lights, it was time to start moving over some plants...

Here's the Amnesia on the back-left of the tent:

Just in front of the Amnesia is the Blueberry:

In the back-right I put the Cherry Pie:

Three down, one more to go! :D :

Then, in the front-right, I put the Hawaii x Purple Skunk:

And, here are the four girls vegging in their new containers and new home for the next few months:

I did up-pot the Ice Bomb, which was the late starter, from it's 2" container to a 6" and have it still with the Gorilla Bomb in the 2'x4' tent under the Budget LED. I'll probably let those go another week before up-potting to the #10's.

Still a few more weeks of vegging to go before I make the flip.

I hope everyone is doing great and, once again, apologies for my scarcity these days while I deal with some of the critical issues going on.

Happy Harvests!

K

Just a drive-by. Fast? Which journal is your primary one??

Keepem Green

Well, that kinda depends on perspective, Brother! ;)

My "permanent home" is Tales From The Krip! but I do different/new journals for the sponsored grows and, while I have a sponsored grow going, there's usually not much happening in the "main" journal.

Right now, this is where you'll find me posting most often. I've just been dealing with some personal issues that have kept me from posting at my usual frequency. ;)

Hey Special K

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Sending you non covidy hugs and sunshine.

I miss you :)
Thanks, Tra! It appears he's really beat COVID, which is great. But, last time he was laid up in a hospital for four days, it took him six weeks to recover due to his Parkinson's disease. And now, with COVID, things are much worse since most of the rehab centers won't take COVID patients and, while he's there this time, he can't see my Mom or have any visitors. On top of that, they don't have any private rooms, so he's stuck in a room with two other people and the commode sitting exposed in the middle of the room. It's pretty degrading, IMHO! :(

Take care Sir! Best healing wishes to your dad!
I'm loving what the new light is doing in the garden! That's a beauty!
Thanks, Brother! :thanks:

I'm pretty impressed with the PhotonTek, too, but it hasn't done anything to the garden, yet. ;)

The pics from the last post had the plants under the PhotonTek for all of 20 minutes, or so, so most of the vegging was done under the Budget LED. Since there was enough room in the 2' x 2' (until now), I figured I'd save some $$$'s by only running the one light for the last few months.

It really doesn't take much light to veg some nice plants and the real test is in flower, so we're gonna see how these two lights really perform soon. With the good sized plants vegging in there now, I have the dimmer on the PhotonTek set at 50%.

I will say that, at 475w, this will be the lowest watts I've run in the 4'x4'. Usually I'm around 600+w and have been as high as 1kw. When you add the dimmer function to save some watts while vegging, if this does a good job in flower, it will prove to be a very economical light as far as electricity usage.

Personally, I think the 675w PhotonTek might do better in the 4'x4' but this is the one PhotonTek recommended so we'll see how it does.

Hiya Krip. How are the girls doing? We should be down to a couple of weeks before flip now, depending on what several means. I took it as three. ;)
I hope you and the family are doing better these days. Swing by my journal if you have the time. I'd love to have you drop in.

Back
Top Bottom