420 Magazine Sponsor Showoff With Dope Seeds, Bomb Seeds, Homegrown, Budget LED, PhotonTek & Gorilla

Hey Kripster. :ciao: I hope your father is doing better. It must be so hard on the family.

Back on topic - how's that snazzy looking light performing? As good as it looks?

Hiya Krip. How are the girls doing? We should be down to a couple of weeks before flip now, depending on what several means. I took it as three. ;)
I hope you and the family are doing better these days. Swing by my journal if you have the time. I'd love to have you drop in.
Standby, Brother, I'm about to post an update and your timing is about right. I'll drop by as soon as I get this update posted. :high-five:

Hey Kripster. :ciao: I hope your father is doing better. It must be so hard on the family.

Back on topic - how's that snazzy looking light performing? As good as it looks?
Yeah, Dad is doing much better but still in rehab. Hopefully, he'll be good enough to come home in a week or two. :dude-knocking:

I'm lovin' the @PhotonTek Lighting, so far. I always say that the real test of a light is in flower, so I'll reserve final judgement until I start examining some buds, but the design is brilliant. It's very light-weight, quiet, and puts out a lot of lumens. If there's ever a problem with any of the LED diodes, it's incredibly easy to just replace one of the light bars which, I'm sure is a reason they can offer a 5 year warranty.

PIC UPDATE - A LITTLE MORE VEG TIME STILL NEEDED

I'd have to go back and count the number of weeks in veg, so far, but it's got to be right around four months and I'm gonna let most of them go at least another couple of weeks.

I'm still fighting both calcium and magnesium deficiencies and have been giving some pretty high doses of Cal-Mag (10 ml per gallon). Most of the plants are looking good but a few are being pretty finicky. Because of the number of plants effected this round, and knowing I had no issues with the last round with the @GeoFlora Nutrients, I'm thinking this is due to using the 2nd or 3rd run soil and it just wasn't amended enough.

I didn't take a full-tent shot of the small tent since there's some pretty significant difference in the size of the two plants from @Bomb Seeds. The Ice Bomb was started later than all other plant after the first Banana Bomb didn't germinate and the second turned out to be an auto and was culled.

Here is the Ice Bomb which is still in a 6" container:

All the other plants were up-potted to #10's a week, or more, ago and are much bigger. I have the Gorilla Bomb in the same tent and, to help restrain some of the growth to let the Ice Bomb catch up, I did some LST on the Gorilla Bomb. Usually, I LST all the plants after giving the Uncle Ben's Topping, but I'm letting all the others go "au natural" this round (they all still got the UBT's).

Due to this, I'll likely flip the 4'x4' tent a couple of weeks before the 2'x4' with the Bomb seeds.

Here's the Gorilla Bomb:

Here's a full tent pic of the 4'x4' "main tent":

The left side of the 4'x4' is dedicated to Dope seeds plants with Amnesia at the back-left and the Blueberry at the front-left.

Here's the Amnesia:

Here's the Blueberry:

And, the right side of the main tent is dedicated to the Homegrown Cannabis Company plants with the Cherry Pie at the back-right and the Hawaii x Purple Skunk in the front-right.

Here's the Cherry Pie:

Here's the Hawaii x Purple Skunk:

The main tent is going to need to be flipped in the next couple of weeks. I'm starting to worry that some of the Sativa Leaners (Amnesia and Hawaii x Purple Skunk) may get a little close to the height limit if they go through a heavy stretch, but it should be fine for another week or two.

Happy Harvests!

K

QUICK PIC UPDATE

I hope everyone is doing well.

Most of the plants are doing great but there's still a couple showing some deficiencies. The first one is the Ice Bomb which, again was the one started several weeks after the others so is the smallest of the lot. She's just starting to develop a slight Magnesium deficiency but is also ready to up-pot from the 6" container to the #10 and I'm pretty sure we can get that cleared up before I put her into flower.

Here's a couple pics of the Ice Bomb:

She's in the 2'x4' Gorilla Grow Tent, appropriately, with the Gorilla Bomb. Since the Gorilla Bomb is a good month ahead of the Ice Bomb, no matter how much I try to LST the Gorilla Bomb to let the Ice Bomb catch up, it's clear that Gorilla Bomb is just going to dominate the tent so I don't expect much of a yield from the Ice Bomb.

This is the Gorilla Bomb and, even without a side-by-side picture, the size difference is pretty clear:

The 4'x4' tent is probably going to get flipped to flower this weekend. The plants here are all looking good except for the Blueberry which is still showing that Calcium deficiency despite some very high doses of Cal-Mag lately. Frankly, I'm going to take a closer look and see if maybe it's some sort of toxicity or something else I'm mistaking for a Calcium deficiency, but just haven't had the time to focus on it and it sure looks like a Calcium deficiency to me.

Here are the four plants in the 4'x4' with the Blueberry in the front-left:

One of the reasons I haven't been able to focus is because things are still a little crazy here. My Dad was released from rehab this past Friday but it was because he "would go crazy if he spent another day there" and not because he was ready and/or could get the help he needed at home. :rolleyes:

Needless to say, the last couple of days have been extremely difficult with him not even able to get up out of a chair. It took both me and an aid just to get him from a chair into a wheelchair.

And, as if that wasn't enough, my Brother had the surgery to remove the tumors in his lung. It turned out being more complicated than they hoped, turned out to be cancerous, and ended up taking quite a large section of a lung. This is a kid who's never been a smoker and I probably smoke more MMJ in a month than he's smoked in his lifetime, so not sure what even could have caused this but the surgeons seem to think they got everything, and with a large enough "margin" that all should be fine from here. My general distrust of doctors doesn't really serve me well in this situation, but I guess it's about the best news we could hear from the whole situation.

Anyways, I'll get another update in soon and, once we get into flower, I'm going to do my best to try to increase the frequency of the updates since the changes happen much quicker in flower and, hopefully, most of the craziness will be behind me soon.

Happy Harvests!

K

Bloody hell Krip - that’s a lot for a person to be carrying on with :love: Sending all my best vibes your way!

Nice update on the plants. They all have really nice posture going on - and I’m sure you’ll sleuth the solution to whatever ails them. Take it easy whenever you can... that Chem ‘91 still rocking your world?

Bloody hell Krip - that’s a lot for a person to be carrying on with :love: Sending all my best vibes your way!

Nice update on the plants. They all have really nice posture going on - and I’m sure you’ll sleuth the solution to whatever ails them. Take it easy whenever you can... that Chem ‘91 still rocking your world?
Thanks, Amy! :thanks:

Yeah, the Chem '91 still rocks but, unfortunately, I lost all my Bonsai Moms a few months back. I just finished a jar of the Chem and I still have two or three packed quart jars stashed. Right now, I'm switching off between the Mendo Purple Kush and Platinum Cake.

I'm probably going to pop another Chem '91 seed and another Tropicanna Cookies x Slurricane which are the two best strains I've grown (I have a couple jars of the TCxS stashed, too! :D ). I just hope I can get phenos that are as good as the ones I lost! :rolleyes:

I've also been thinking about popping a Malawi soon. :hmmmm:

How is your Panama?

Still awesome! I hope you find more expressions that you love.
I grow everything from seed. Keeping clones just isn’t possible ATM so I’ve decided it’s an honouring of the ever changing nature of things. We replace all the cells in our body, over time, so I tell myself that variety among genotypes is just in line with the fact that my system is also always changing slightly ;)... then, I’m not so bothered by not keeping clones.

I also absolutely love watching them come up out of the ground! New birth of life every time. :love:

Sorry to hear about both your dad and your brother. Your dad needs an urgent Allied Health review. Shut the gate before the horse bolts. He has #NOF written all over him and that will change the game entirely. Saw it just last week. Man semi independent in his 90’s, fell #NOF, too crumbly for surgery, palliation decided and syringe driver commenced.

Saying that we live, we die, it’s a given. While dying in your 90’s from a broken leg isn’t as good as dying from sexual exhaustion mid way through a threesome, it’s better than being eaten alive by hyenas with blunt teeth.

Sending you a cyber hug, friend. I miss you. Xo

Sorry to hear about both your dad and your brother. Your dad needs an urgent Allied Health review. Shut the gate before the horse bolts. He has #NOF written all over him and that will change the game entirely. Saw it just last week. Man semi independent in his 90’s, fell #NOF, too crumbly for surgery, palliation decided and syringe driver commenced.

Saying that we live, we die, it’s a given. While dying in your 90’s from a broken leg isn’t as good as dying from sexual exhaustion mid way through a threesome, it’s better than being eaten alive by hyenas with blunt teeth.

Sending you a cyber hug, friend. I miss you. Xo

Thanks, Tra! :thanks:

He's doing much better now. Those first couple of days out of rehab were pretty bad but he's been getting physical & occupational therapy at home and that, combined with my Mom's cooking, seems to have him back to close to where he was before COVID. :dude-knocking::adore:

DAY #5 OF 12/12 FOR MAIN TENT - 2'x4' DUE FOR FLIP SOON!

I hope everyone is doing well and having fun! :party:

This past Friday I flipped the 4'x4' from 24/0 to 12/12 and cranked the light from 50% up to 100% power. Since the girls were on 24/0 until Friday and had never seen a dark period, I count Saturday as "Day #1". But, I'm gonna "circle back" to the main tent later! :D

In the 2'x4' Gorilla tent, the Ice Bomb is still growing slowly and that Mag deficiency appears to be getting worse, but I transplanted her into a #10 on Saturday and, like the others, I'm pretty sure that will clear up with a couple/few feedings there. She's already been on some heavy doses of Cal-Mag, but that hasn't seem to have helped, yet.

Here's the Ice Bomb:

I was thinking of flipping that tent this weekend, only because the Gorilla Bomb she shares the tent with is so far ahead and, frankly, turning into somewhat of a "monster". I've had her LST'd to keep her height low while the Ice Bomb catches up, and she's stayed pretty compact, so I don't expect much of a stretch, but she's really bushed out. I'm going to try to wait until the following weekend, and possibly longer, to let the Ice Bomb catch up and may have to do some pruning on this Gorilla Bomb:

So, on Day #5 of 12/12 in the 4'x4' "main" tent, the plants are all doing great. The Blueberry is still showing some signs of the Calcium deficiency and, frankly, I can't tell if it's getting better, getting worse, or not changing, at all; but, other than some brown tips, she looks healthy.

Also, the stretch on the plants has been pretty minimal EXCEPT for the Amnesia which is going to try to test the limits of the tent. I knew she was going to explode in stretch and, if not for her, I would have let that tent veg longer, too.

Here's a couple pics of the full tent:

Notice how the netting sags in the middle and is higher (maybe not as high as me, though! :bong: ) at the corners? Here's the Amnesia in the back-left corner with its stalks further above the high part of the netting than most of the plants are above the low part of the netting (if that makes sense! :bong:):

Front-left is that Blueberry. You can see she looks pretty good but you can also see some of those brown leaf tips/edges. It almost looks like nute burn, but I'm pretty sure it's still Calcium.:

Back-right is the Cherry Pie. She's nice & healthy, though, I little "scraggly" looking leaves:

And, front-right is the Hawaii x Purple Skunk which is also doing great:

It's only been five days of 12/12 but, if you look closely, you can see the signs of pistils starting to form:

That's about all I have to report for now.

Happy Harvests!

K

DAY #18 OF 12/12 AND SOON-TO-FLIP THE GORILLA!

So, it's been almost two weeks since the last update and once again need to apologize to the sponsors and friends still following. My Dad ended up in the hospital, again, and is now back in rehab, again. I'll hold off on the details other than to say, luckily it wasn't Chronic Kidney Failure, which was the first diagnosis we were given; and, at this point, it's just the general weakness from having been sick (and the Parkinsons) that he's being treated for.

Let's take a look at (most of) the girls....

I said "most of" cuz' there's one plant that I took two pictures of and saw the pics before I uploaded, but when I uploaded, they weren't there and when I went back and checked the files, they weren't there, either. Not sure what happened but I must have mistakenly deleted them :bong:.

I was probably subconsciously trying to make the grow look better since the pics that didn't make it were of that monster Gorilla Bomb which is still in veg in the small tent with the Ice Bomb and is the only plant that is now showing signs of a Mag deficiency. It was looking fine a couple of weeks ago and I went one feeding without adding Cal-Mag and now it's showing back up.

So, today, you only get to see the five healthy plants! :D

That little Ice Bomb which is now a pretty respectable size, though still dwarfed by the Gorilla Bomb. I have to get that small tent flipped ASAP, though would like to clear that Mag deficiency from the Gorilla Bomb, first. I think the Gorilla Bomb will stay short, but if she even doubles in size, it will be hitting the light two weeks after flip.

Here's the Ice Bomb:

The four girls in the main tent all look great, the buds are all formed and starting to fill out. The canopy is not as even as I'd like, but not too bad considering I've got four different strains in there.

Here are a couple of tent pics:

I really love those fat leaves on the Blueberry (front-left)!

Let the bud pics begin!

Happy Harvests!

K

Hello Special K

Looking glorious in the grow tent.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Hey I went to the most interesting training on Parkinson’s last week. Such a cruel disease. TBH I had no idea why it was so important to give meds at the exact time and 30 minutes before meals. I have asked the educator to send me the PowerPoint if you would like me to email it to you. Honestly I have a new understanding of the illness and best ways to manage it.

Don‘t let super dicky kidney’s scare you in regards to your dad and mortality. He probably does have CKD, its usually a condition they die with rather than of. As long as he has 9% kidney function he should do okay.

Hello Special K

Looking glorious in the grow tent.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Hey I went to the most interesting training on Parkinson’s last week. Such a cruel disease. TBH I had no idea why it was so important to give meds at the exact time and 30 minutes before meals. I have asked the educator to send me the PowerPoint if you would like me to email it to you. Honestly I have a new understanding of the illness and best ways to manage it.

Don‘t let super dicky kidney’s scare you in regards to your dad and mortality. He probably does have CKD, its usually a condition they die with rather than of. As long as he has 9% kidney function he should do okay.
Thanks, Tra, and I'll gladly take the PowerPoint. Any new info is always welcome, though, I've become quite an expert on the disease myself.

In my personal opinion, it's caused by a toxic build-up of heavy metals in the system. I've asked my Dad for years to try some homeopathic/natural chelation therapy but he's more of a believer in modern medicine which, again in my opinion, only adds to the toxic build-up of the heavy metals. :rolleyes:

As for his kidneys, for a couple weeks he was having problems urinating and said it was painful when he did. Doctors first gave him a broad spectrum antibiotic thinking it was a UTI. When that didn't help and tests came back showing no UTI, they put him on FloMax thinking maybe some prostate issue.

He went from getting up himself one morning, getting dressed himself, walking to the den and going to the bathroom himself, to not even being able to hold a telephone the same afternoon. He was taken to the emergency room and then admitted to hospital.

On Day #1, the nurse told me "We're calling it chronic kidney failure". I asked if he would need dialysis and they said it wasn't that bad. I asked if it was reversible and was told, "Not really, sometimes maybe, it can get better".

On Day #2 a different nurse told me that it's not chronic kidney failure, it's just a kidney injury. I asked what would have caused his kidney injury and she said it could be a number of things, including kidney stones, and continued to say that they didn't find any obstructions. I said to her that, if the kidney stones weren't obstructive, I didn't see how that could have been causing the issue. She agreed, but offered no other plausible explanation.

As a side note, the first night in the hospital he was catheterized and they took out 2 L's of fluid! As a second side note, my research shows that both COVID (which he had) and Remdesivir (which they gave him for COVID) can cause Acute Kidney Injury. One doctor even wrote a paper warning to expect a high number of AKI's due to the COVID pandemic.

OK, so, by Day #3 in the hospital they said he didn't have a kidney injury, at all, and that they think his bowels stopped working which caused his kidneys to back up. I honestly don't understand this and no one has given me a good explanation or possible cause, but they say his problem now is just the general weakness and expect him to recover.

No offense, but the more I deal with the medical community, the more I realize how clueless most of them are (present company excluded, of course! :kiss: ).

To make the situation worse, he called my Mom on Day #1 or #2 and told her to prepare for the worst and that he basically had given up. Of course, this made my Mom a wreck, only adding to her worries. On some level, I can understand the frustration of getting sick, having to spend a month in rehab working to fight his way back, only to have another setback soon after and be back to square zero.

I had a very tough talk with him about what's important in life and his head is now "back in the game" and things are looking better. He still can't stand up himself, but said when they got him up today, he was able to stand for three minutes - so that's where he's at physically.

He has a female aid that comes during the day (when he's home) but even with my Mom helping, the two of them just aren't strong enough to support his weight or even get him out of a chair and into a wheelchair when he can't help and is basically "dead weight". I figure it's only a matter a time before someone, or all three of them, get hurt, so I went out last week and purchased a hoyer lift, which will hopefully help the situation.

Anyway, that's where we're at and I appreciate your good wishes! :thanks:

stay strong. you are doing great with what you have.
they are lucky to have you in the family. i wish i was as resilient. :)

Thanks, Tra, and I'll gladly take the PowerPoint. Any new info is always welcome, though, I've become quite an expert on the disease myself.

In my personal opinion, it's caused by a toxic build-up of heavy metals in the system. I've asked my Dad for years to try some homeopathic/natural chelation therapy but he's more of a believer in modern medicine which, again in my opinion, only adds to the toxic build-up of the heavy metals. :rolleyes:

As for his kidneys, for a couple weeks he was having problems urinating and said it was painful when he did. Doctors first gave him a broad spectrum antibiotic thinking it was a UTI. When that didn't help and tests came back showing no UTI, they put him on FloMax thinking maybe some prostate issue.

He went from getting up himself one morning, getting dressed himself, walking to the den and going to the bathroom himself, to not even being able to hold a telephone the same afternoon. He was taken to the emergency room and then admitted to hospital.

On Day #1, the nurse told me "We're calling it chronic kidney failure". I asked if he would need dialysis and they said it wasn't that bad. I asked if it was reversible and was told, "Not really, sometimes maybe, it can get better".

On Day #2 a different nurse told me that it's not chronic kidney failure, it's just a kidney injury. I asked what would have caused his kidney injury and she said it could be a number of things, including kidney stones, and continued to say that they didn't find any obstructions. I said to her that, if the kidney stones weren't obstructive, I didn't see how that could have been causing the issue. She agreed, but offered no other plausible explanation.

As a side note, the first night in the hospital he was catheterized and they took out 2 L's of fluid! As a second side note, my research shows that both COVID (which he had) and Remdesivir (which they gave him for COVID) can cause Acute Kidney Injury. One doctor even wrote a paper warning to expect a high number of AKI's due to the COVID pandemic.

OK, so, by Day #3 in the hospital they said he didn't have a kidney injury, at all, and that they think his bowels stopped working which caused his kidneys to back up. I honestly don't understand this and no one has given me a good explanation or possible cause, but they say his problem now is just the general weakness and expect him to recover.

No offense, but the more I deal with the medical community, the more I realize how clueless most of them are (present company excluded, of course! :kiss: ).

To make the situation worse, he called my Mom on Day #1 or #2 and told her to prepare for the worst and that he basically had given up. Of course, this made my Mom a wreck, only adding to her worries. On some level, I can understand the frustration of getting sick, having to spend a month in rehab working to fight his way back, only to have another setback soon after and be back to square zero.

I had a very tough talk with him about what's important in life and his head is now "back in the game" and things are looking better. He still can't stand up himself, but said when they got him up today, he was able to stand for three minutes - so that's where he's at physically.

He has a female aid that comes during the day (when he's home) but even with my Mom helping, the two of them just aren't strong enough to support his weight or even get him out of a chair and into a wheelchair when he can't help and is basically "dead weight". I figure it's only a matter a time before someone, or all three of them, get hurt, so I went out last week and purchased a hoyer lift, which will hopefully help the situation.

Anyway, that's where we're at and I appreciate your good wishes! :thanks:
Good morning K

I don’t think anyine knows just yet what causes it, there are many theories, none yet proven. All they do know for sure is what it does and that’s depletes your dopamine levels, which in turn fucks you up. The things I found most interesting from the education is the GI troubles it causes. We tend to focus on the movement side. I also didn’t know with the most common treatment, the levadopa can’t pass the brain barrier without a mix which is where the the second component to the med kicks in. I also didn’t know the levadopa is absorbed in the jejunum, which explains why dose times and an empty stomach are so important.

So my armchair expert medical diagnoss:-

Don’t get your medical information from the nurses, even tho I’m doing exactly that lolling. While I’m a nurse, I am no doctor. I can update you with the doctors plan, and results, I can tell you how we are treating symptoms eg your Dad has an AKI (an acute kidney injury), as you can see the doctors are running IV fluids and monitoring his renal function or that he was retaining urine so I had to catheterise him and he drained 2L. And I can tell you how he was on my shift, but explaining the diagnosis and blood level results ie the how’s and the whys is out of my area of expertise. Try and be there when the doctors round.

In my non medical experty opinion most oldies have a level of CKD and as I said they die with it not of it. You can also have an AKI on the back of CKD, most common cause of an AKI is dehydration. TBH an AKI is usually an easy fix.

I don’t think his bowels actually stopped working. From what I recently learned the lack of dopamine slows the peristalsis in the bowel which can cause constipation. This in turn can obstruct urine flow and cause the retention of urine in his bladder. The fact it got to 2L while he lay in a hospital bed is fucking disgraceful. He would be a x1 assist. You know exactly how often they toilet coz you gotta walk with them. His kidneys were obviously working well enough to excrete a shit load of pee lolll.

In the education the guy named a natural remedy, I can’t think what it’s called and he also talked about the studies that are currently going on regarding cannabis oil. I am back for a night Saturday night, so I miss the hierarchy. I think I’m back Monday so I will get the PowerPoint from my Clinical Coach.

I’m here if you ever want to vent.

For you ——> :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

From what I recently learned the lack of dopamine slows the peristalsis in the bowel which can cause constipation. This in turn can obstruct urine flow and cause the retention of urine in his bladder.

Yes, this is likely exactly what happened.

The fact it got to 2L while he lay in a hospital bed is fucking disgraceful.

Actually, I think he got to the 2L while he was being treated for the UTI and the prostate issue. By the time he got to the hospital and was catheterized, it had accumulated to the 2L

Don’t get your medical information from the nurses

With COVID, it's impossible to be there in person and I had requested numerous times for the doctor to call (he never did!). My Mom ended up getting to speak with the doctor ONLY because she was on the phone with my Dad when the doctor walked into the room, but I agree 420% that it's the best place to get the info!

Thanks for everything, Tra!:thanks:

...WoW Mr. K...roller coaster times for you...I feel for Ya' brother...not an easy ride at the best of times, let alone during these crazy Covid times, which I'd like to think has to do with the communication problem with your Dad's Dr.'s...things seem to be going in a positive direction, so that's good!...

...Missus' h00k was a RN for 30 years, and my sister, currently an ICU nurse for nearly as long, has probably benefited both me and my Dad for our hospital encounters, in terms of service and communication...luck of the draw for me...kinda sad, but true, two tier care does exist, at least up here...

...Best wishes for your Dad's recovery, and some peace of mind for your Mom and You while things play out..garden's looking good, considering everything you're dealing with...Take Care...Stay Safe my Friend...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom