• COKE420

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • JJ Bones

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Hosebomber

Votes: 12 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I believe what they are referring to when speaking of giving others a chance was: those people that do not generally have grow journals or post in others grow journals as opposed to most other places. I hang around a few journals here and there and follow grows of some members but rarely do I post outside of the Grow Lighting forum. That is where I spend the majority of my time on and off the forums. Fuzzy is a FAQ hound and is always there to help out. JJ is the most active sponsor on the site by far and is always helpful with professional advise about growing equipment of all types. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but previously the MotM was more of a popularity of your current grow journal rather than a helpful member of the site kind of thing.

i agree. previously if a member showed up repeatedly in motm it meant they were popular, now it just means they are among the top contributers, i see people like fuzzy and JJ up all the time, i would think something were a bit wrong if they wernt :rofl:

ive voted for both of those previously, i have not had much time interacting with COKE420 or Hosebomber since my return to 420, so this time round i shall vote for don paul for member of the month.

a definate up and coming star of 420 and a diamond of a fella who would give you the shirt off his back if you seem like your on the level. Go Don P, i hope its your time to shine =D

Im so shocked to see my name up their, it really does mean the world to me, i do my best to help and offer advice where i can,

Thanks for the kind words GiGa, alex, means a lot,
@J189RFC, im all over the journals my friend, pretty shocked we not bumped into each other in one journal or another, i must be subbed to well over 40 now, it takes me hours to get through the list and when i get to the end and refresh the page the list starts all over again, but i love the site and love the members, so ill come over and check your journal out, i also use a 400 watt hps at the minute, im using a dual spectrum and works well for both veg and flower so im always interested to see how others grow with similar equipment.

only a short nomination list this time and theirs a few members id like to see up their as well, plus their are some very keen new growers who are just starting out growing so im sure their will be many members up their over the coming months, everyone of them deserves to be nominated.

im sure we used to be able to nominate growers at one point, at least that how it was when i first joined the site before i took time off to move home,

thanks for the votes,

good luck everyone,

Yeah what Dharma and Miwa said:)

I'm all over the journals my friend, pretty shocked we not bumped into each other in one journal or another, i must be subbed to well over 40 now, it takes me hours to get through the list and when i get to the end and refresh the page the list starts all over again, but i love the site and love the members, so ill come over and check your journal out.

Congratz on being nominated & being so active in so many journals :thumb:

I also use a 400 watt hps at the minute, im using a dual spectrum and works well for both veg and flower so im always interested to see how others grow with similar equipment.

Being using a dual spectrum myself mainly for flowering tho... i think they work great !

Only a short nomination list this time and theirs a few members id like to see up their as well, plus their are some very keen new growers who are just starting out growing so im sure their will be many members up their over the coming months, everyone of them deserves to be nominated.

Mmm quite a short list this month & shall do my best to find a worthy nomination for next month :high-five:

im sure we used to be able to nominate growers at one point, at least that how it was when i first joined the site before i took time off to move home.

You still can make nominations via PM (private mail) to 420 Girl which i believe go through a selection process between 420 staff to see if they meet the new changes of MOTM standards :peace:

Some of these are...

Specifically, we're looking to thank those members that help and support our site in so many under recognized ways, such as:

• Greeting new members
  • Helping people with questions
  • Peacemakers
  • Activism efforts
  • Promoting our sponsors
  • Activity and content generation
  • Reporting violations
Beginning this month, the staff will select the nominees and members will determine the winner by poll.

The contest will be open for staff submissions from the beginning through the 15th day of each month. The staff is expected to include their reason for nominating the member, once all submissions are in.

:Namaste:

thanks fuzzy, i wasnt sure when they stopped the nominations, i know before the members used to nominate and they would get added to the list, but i guess their was the same group of people nominating the same person so it was more a who you know and less what ino and help you provide, so i think this way is more fair as the mods dont know us as such or know who we know so they are only going off info we post and how many people we help,

i put many hours in each day as i love this site, i cant get enough of it, i knew nothing when i first joined this site but members put up with my questions and my many novels i write on here, to me it dont sound like im writing much as i can type quicker than i can speak, so to me its 30 seconds of typing but that could be a whole page when im finished.

thanks to everyone who has voted for me, im not the kind of person that wins anything and just been nominated means the world, i love each and everyone one of you,
thanks for putting up with me and my sometimes crazy ideas,
your all to kind, i nearly cried when i seen i had been nominated, its such a honor on this site, their are many growers that have been growing for many years on here so their is plenty that deserve the title, but some keep their own journals going and dont visit others as often so i think their needs to be a fair way of nominating,

maybe the mods could pick nominations due to things like helping others, reporting bots and spam, and maybe something that shows which growers are doing really well as their are many top growers on here who are all deserving the title,

i best stop typing before i take up the whole page, i cant tell you all enough how much this means. after all all im trying to do is help growers with problems and put across some ideas, im so glad i can put something back in to the site, i enjoy helping out and if i didnt have to do stuff in the day id happily be on here all day, even now it takes 4 or 5 hours to get through all the journaks and help pages im subbed to.

thanks again everyone, i love all of you, you are what makes this site as good as it is, other sites are nothing compared with 420 mag.

good luck everyone, plenty of days of voting left,

@fuzzy, what brand of light are you using and how much lumins does it say it puts out, i still use cfls to start my seedlings and clones because the cfls keep nodes very tight, when i started plants under the dual spec they started to stretch as the light was 1ft away, but cfls can be pretty much touching the plants so i start them under cfl for the first 2 to 3 weeks to help keep node spacing tight then i put them in the hps room and veg for a while,

im going to set up a seperate veg room so i can have 2 rooms so i can stagger harvests so the dual spec will be on constant 12-12, im tempted to give leds a try but the price makes me unsure, would an led replace my hps and do the same job, id need possibly 3 led panels so been following a few journals so i can see how well the leds do

Hello donpaul.p

I find your words encouraging & that the powers that be the 420 staff have the best of interest in the shared community & our well being here at :420:

How ever your last question i shall do a quick copy 'n' paste job & make a reply in your new journal :thumb:

(Saves cross posting & forum etiquette stuff :peace:)

yep sorry mate, im not sure if im subbed to your journal so ill get subbed, i remember you from the first time i was on here when teSmp was around but i had my flat flooded and had to move to my moms with my kids while i found somewhere else to live and cuz my parents have the grandkids stop over she has anything like this banned to stop the kids getting on to the wrong sites, so while i was their i couldnt get on this site so lost contact with many growers,

i seen Xlra8 post a comment in a journal but he had no link for his journal, plus im sure it said he was a mod now, i could be wrong but i think thats what it said,

i know the mods have a tough time keeping on top of everyone, so many new growers logging and posting stuff, so it must take ages to go through every post and remove anything that could put us at risk,
i know a few people have posted off topic pics or a music video, i put a pic of my dog on here so im sure that was removed, but when you think about it it only takes a kid to search for pictures of dogs or searching for music and then they see a link and it brings them here, it would pretty much get the site shut down plus we are pretty safe but if under 18's or none mj users found the site im sure they would cause a fuss and that would ruin what this sites all about,

so i can only thank the mods for all the hard work and time they put in, its bad enough keeping up with 40 plus journals so i cant imagine how much the mods have to read, they keep this site safe and thats what makes it work, i know a grow site was shut down a while back due to their been off topic pics and that site is no longer around, so its a fine line between the right side and wrong side, id be gutted if this site was gone,
we have some very generous members and pretty much all of them would give you the money out their wallet to help another grower get set up or help with seeds etc etc, so its a good solid community, other grow sites are full of arguments and if you suggested a different grow method like air layering then you get slagged off and told your stupid, their is none of that here,

so reps to all the mods, i know we report posts and i report spam or advertisements that pop up from time to time, so it must take ages to check each post, so cant thank the mods enough, we should do a mods gift where we could all donate a bit of cash no matter how small and it then goes towards a meal or a gift for each of the mods, they do all the behind the scenes stuff and most of us never think about their work load,

I'm sure its not over and if it is I'm also sure you will have your day in the sun JJ! and of course it is and will be deserved:)
I never put much thought into who will do well or who won't. I am simply pleasured to be nominated amongst such great human beings. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom